Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longwood 5K & 10K 18th October 2015 @ 11am

Options
  • 28-09-2015 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭

The 6th running of the Longwood 5&10k takes palce on the 18th of October 2015 at 11am in the village of Longwood, Co Meath. I know there is interest from a few around here about doing this. The race is organised by Longwood GAA with assistance from Trim AC and the Mooney brothers so its well ran. The routes are predominantly flat so should yield quick times.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

just registered for this - €13!! certainly beats the usual €25/€30 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Giving this a bump, surely few more interested? Was talking to one of the organisers yesterday and pre-registered numbers are up on previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Might well make my way to this one myself.
    Will decide later in the week for sure.
    5k looks like it'll be the smarter option with DCM the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

registered there, will see if anyone in my club fancies it

• Advertisement

Nice race this, very well organised, plenty of marshals, the 10k is a bit lumpy but wouldn't hold that against it. Tech t-shirt to all for €13, other races could learn a thing or two from it. Great running partner to which was an added bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Agreed tang, even the 5k was lumpier than expected. Nice atmosphere, tshirt and lovely spread after. Really enjoyed it, will be back next year.

'lumpy' right, yeah :D those were HILLS man! & right back at ya.

well done to all who organised this, super race, fantastic value, will be back for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 44 TheGreenMile

Great Race. Well organised. Nice T-shirt that will get plenty of use. 13€ . Great spread afterwards. Free photos. Best value iv come across by a long shot. Hope a few bob was made for the organising club.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Really well organised race, fair play to Barry and the lads, take a bow. Perfect weather for it also, couldn't have been better. Thanks to the Mooney crew for the great photos. I think it's a testament to how good the race is when you see all sorts of people - young and old, big and small, fast and slow, all really enjoying the day and the atmosphere.

10 out of 10 from this happy runner. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭hunkymonkey

Is there any links to photos?
    Great event, post race food & refreshments were excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Randi Wicks

Great race and very well organised. Had looked at the course profile before the race and looked fairly flat with a few lumps but those lumps in the 2nd 5k were tough going. I was 1.5min slower for the 2nd 5k.

Try Peter Mooney's Flickr page.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Here you go:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/peterm7/albums/72157660017638535

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Tom__jnr2

By all means great race!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭vinny1313

Great race and very well organised. Had looked at the course profile before the race and looked fairly flat with a few lumps but those lumps in the 2nd 5k were tough going. I was 1.5min slower for the 2nd 5k.

I wouldn't have called it particularly hilly, but I found the second half very tough too, even though I was only 9 seconds slower than the first 5k.

Advertisement