Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 8/12 Zone Doubleknock

Options
  • 28-09-2015 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Can you tell me if I understand this feature correctly? Basically enabling double knock on the panel and then on a zone means that an alarm on that zone requires 2 alarm events within the double knock interval to trigger an alarm?

I've a problem with birds eating spiders from the window frames triggering the alarm and I thought by enabling double knock on that zone would solve it. I enabled it over the weekend and today is the first real test but the alarm has been triggered 6 times since 8am already today which is much worse than normal usually once or twice a fortnight.

Thanks,
    tnegun

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

The birds could be busier than the double knock function, your theory is correct.
    Yes the zone requires 2 detections before it activates but with birds hunting like that they may be causing multiple vibrations on the window frame.

You are definite by the way that this is the cause?

Just in case it is a faulty detector.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Use double knock with great caution. Also remember a zone with double knock enabled will act the same with any contacts on that zone.It would have to open close & open again to activate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭tnegun

Thanks for the replies guys. It happened this time last year too and I put a web cam up for a couple of days and caught the bird in the act! There's only 3 senors on that zone and I replaced one a few months ago. I have a spare so swapped that in tonight and I'll keep moving it if the problem continues to try eliminate them all.

Today was just a bit too frequent unless there was a lot of spiders! I hadn't realized that about double knock kool kid so I think I'll be disabling it once I get to the bottom of this.

I left the zone on walk test all night but nothing triggered it so we'll see what happens tomorrow.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What do you have the Gross & Pulse Set to?

KoolKid wrote: »
    What do you have the Gross & Pulse Set to?

Both are set to 4

• Advertisement

Up to 5 each would be no harm.

Ok will do that's making them more tolerant or least sensitive right?

Thats correct.

Advertisement