Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BGS The Ryder Jug 2015 17th October @ Druids Glen

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Still think a playoff is the best way to decide these type of event, the tie to retain thing is a bit of a downer on bot sides no?

I agree.... but.....

Thing about that I guess is you are not really entitled to go down the 19th when you are paying a green fee! Also as you are paying to play, each group will play the full 18 as opposed to normal club matchplay where you would most likely just walk in when the game is up.

I know the rule in interclub matches when there is a draw it's the last match alive who goes down the 19th in sudden death. On Saturday, last match alive was second last group (our boys won 2&1) so you would have had to favour them if we did play a tie. It's not always easy to know which was the last match alive as everybody plays and there is no team management out there watching and feeding back info. I only know which group was last because I played in second group and got a buggy and went straight out when we were finished to find out what was goin on.

Light was also fading when last group came up so would have been difficult if it went a few holes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭bobster453

I just love matchplay..never lost one in Pierce Purcell..of course that was a few years ago now.Played one too where everyone finished the 18 regardless and all holes won were totalled among all pairs to see which group won the most holes..really kept the game alive even when you were being beat as you knew even a half on a hole could get your team over the line..tense to the very end.Cant remember the name of that type of matchplay tho..age thing...aggregate matchplay maybe.
    Hard luck to all who played..roll on next year.
    One thing tho..i just dont like gamesmanship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Them Rep's handicaps get dodgier every year! ;)

Well done technodub and his reps on retaining the jug. Boards.ie will be back for it!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Well lads and Ladies it would appear the two years Ive not made the team we have not won it (Thats my story and Im sticking to it ), Il be back on that team next year for sure, emm well I plan to be :-)

It was a great year would of loved to have played more but that can't be helped , well done to all who took part and organised .

Well done to The Reps and to the Boards team it was a close one by all accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

My favourite sporting event above all else is the Ryder cup. This was as close as I am ever going to come to play in that.

I don't play golf to take part, I play to win. Of course I always enjoy myself, but I play to win!

Feeling even more gutted now upon reflection :(

Advertisement