Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIOS fried

Options
  • 28-09-2015 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭

I bricked my MB BIOS last night, probably irrecoverably. Looking for options.

MB was an (old) ASUS P5B-V, socket 775 & DDR2. Got a good CPU and 8GB of DDR2 ram so I'm not interested in upgrading everything, just the motherboard. What's the most upto date ASUS board (with 775/DDR2) ? There seems to be a bewildering array of them :eek: I was mainly looking at the vast range of P5x boards.

Ideally ATX, though micro ATX would probably do, but I need at least one PCIe 16 socket, 4xDDR2.

Not wedded to ASUS so any alternative would suit, but I was going to use the onboard RAID on my ASUS board to get a RAID1 array together with a couple of drives I just got...

Daire

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I'd try to pick up something second hand from adverts. Buying a 775 board new would be a bit of a waste of money.

Advertisement