Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mental Health Nursing Health Declartion

• 28-09-2015 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, I though I would start a new thread on this matter, I have just started 1st year in mental health nursing and have been asked to fill out a health declaration which will be followed by a full examination , I have a history of anxiety self harm, and eating disorders , will this go against me and can they cancel my college course on there findings ,Any Help Please ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I moved this from "Forum Requests" to "Third Level", which should be a better fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Gorteen

It's better to be honest because if you withhold information that is more likely to have negative consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Nobracairo

Thank you for your reply, I put my whole history down so its wait and see, but I am hopeful that all will be OK, I love the course even if it is early days , I have a lot to offer and look forward to helping the people in this field thank you again..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Hope this works out ok for you, OP. Your own personal experiences can be quite an asset to you in mental health nursing. Wishing you all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Nobracairo

Thank you so much for the kind words and encouragement ..

• Advertisement
Advertisement