Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gáis Energy Overcharging.

Options
  • 28-09-2015 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

I'm looking for a little advice here, Not sure if I'm in the right place, But here goes.

I'm with Bord Gáis Energy for a couple of years now, Pay by DD so Never late in payments.
    When I signed up to their plan, I looked at my previous 2 years usage and averaged that out to plan My monthly payments With a small amount extra to cover any unforeseen usage , They changed the DD to about 35% more than I estimated. So I rang them told them to change it to My estimation.
    This was working out fine for the first year, Then last year they changed the DD again, And then Changed it back when I rang them. Its a nuisance to have to keep contacting them but no real problem.
    The problem started last July when they took an extra €30 out of my bank, They told Me it was a glitch and was now fixed (How many of you ware victims of the same Glitch? Check Your bills)
    This Glitch bothered Me a little, So I decided to look over My bills since I singed with them.
    At the end of every bill they tell you how much Kwh you used over the last 12 months. so Using this figure, Not Estimated but read from the meter, I calculated what My bills for the Year should have been, Taking into account the standing charge, The PSO levy and the VAT. And I found out that I had paid more than €160 over what I was billed, But My account says that I am €0.13 in credit Not €160!!
    So I was back on to Bord Gáis Energy to ask for an explanation of this, The first person I talked to told Me that My figures looked right, But she had to pass it onto Accounts.
    Two weeks later no word from accounts, So back on to them to be told again that My figures are right and accounts will be back onto Me.
    One and a half months after My first contact over this, Still no word from accounts, I was on to them this morning and I was told someone "Will" be onto Me by Wednesday 30th, I'm not too hopeful.

even If they told Me that I'm completely wrong, That would be helpful. But absolutely no contact from them is hardly the way do conduct a service is it?

What should I do Next?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Bistoman wrote: »
    I'm looking for a little advice here, Not sure if I'm in the right place, But here goes. <SNIP>

Lodge a formal complaint, especially wrt the speed of resolution, then escalate to the energy regulator if not resolved

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

homer911 wrote: »
    Lodge a formal complaint, especially wrt the speed of resolution, then escalate to the energy regulator if not resolved

I did make a complaint , Three weeks ago, Guess what? No reply!!
    Now I have to say that everyone I did speak too ware very polite and agreed with Me and My complaint, But Not at all helpful with resolving the issue. They probably have their hands tied ware it comes to accounts and payments.

The energy regulator will be My next call.

From the Bord Gais Code of Practice :
    http://www.bordgaisenergy.ie/docs/publications/codes-of-practice/BGE_E_CCOP_0115_(BGSE063)_CUSTOMER%20COMPLAINTS%20COP%20CB_FINAL.pdf

"Our aim is to resolve all complaints
    as quickly and fairly as possible. We’ll
    also keep a check of the reasons for
    complaints. This will help us to:

• Speedy, with time limits for
    dealing with complaints.

Charter Payments:
    You may be entitled to a Charter
    Payment of €30 if you believe we
    have breached any of our Guaranteed
    Standards in our Customer Charter."

If nothing else, It looks like I'm in for a €30 Charter payment for the amount of time its taking them.

Would you believe that they never called back? Big surprise :(

OK. Sorted. ( Sort off)

They didn't call back as promised, So I made one more call, Told them I wasn't getting of the phone without some form of agreement, Be that they pay Me back what I am owed Or , I hang up , Switch to Energia and call the regulator, And the small claims court.
    A full hour on the phone, Going trough My calculations, And them agreeing that I am correct and I should never have been left waiting for a return call.

Success, A cheque is on the way for an overpayment, And a full written account of what went wrong with their system. ( They are not too sure about what exactly what went wrong)

I wont be cheering until I get the cheque, And then I will still be keeping a close eye on the account.

Check Your bills guys, I was just checking for the pig iron and found a €300 discrepancy. That they cant or wont explain.
    If can happen once without them knowing.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement