Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€600-700 PC Build

Options
  • 28-09-2015 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Looking to build a custom PC or find somewhere in Ireland that doesn't want an arm, a leg and the family pet for a decent PC. Anybody got any ideas? The PC will be used for mid to high end gaming, streaming and rendering.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Fill this in first:

1. What is your budget? [€xxx]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing/3D Modelling/HTPC/Internet] (If gaming include which games)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes/No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] (If possible state brand and model of the parts to ensure compatibility)

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes/No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [Yes/No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes/No]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [In x days]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin City/Cork City/Kerry/etc.]

• Registered Users Posts: 8 freddylithium

1. What is your budget? [€600-700]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing (World of Tanks , World of Warships, Rust.)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [22'.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [Yes/No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Wireless Card,Speakers]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [No]

8. How can you pay? [Credit Card]

9. When are you purchasing? [In 30 days]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin City.]

Is the monitor in the 600-700 budget?

The most i can spend all inclusive would be 750. Monitor size can be reduced if neccesary

The most i can spend all inclusive would be 750. Monitor size can be reduced if neccesary

A ben q 22inch would be about 115 from italian amazon so that leaves 635 for the rest. This is one that digital solitude specd for someone a few weeks ago which is pretty close and you could probably save a bit on the case if you really wanted to from what he has allowed for or go for a lower spec gpu either. Or even drop cpu to an i3 and save 40-50.

i5 4460 €180
    H81M board 50
    1tb HDD 50
    500w PSU 60
    case 50
    8gb RAM 50
    Second hand R9 290 €200
    Total 650

• Advertisement

And he is the one that builds them or?

No he is just one of the regulars that give people specs when they want to know what parts to use. You should be able to build it yourself or if there is someone on here near you they may well volunteer to help you out with it.

Another alternative if you don't want to build it yourself would be to look at terrorfirmers builds on adverts and see if there is something in your budget and then just grab a monitor.

I haven't got a clue on how to put a PC together. Is it difficult? i.e. hours of tutorials?

Not difficult. It's like lego once all the parts are compatible they just click together. Have a look at some build guides on youtube. There are literally thousands and it will give you an idea of what to expect and see if you'd be comfortable with it. I just watched a video this morning of a guy do a build with a 3 year old helping him.

I had a look at terrorfirmers builds on adverts and I saw one for €600. Would you reckon that's a good PC for that price?

• Advertisement

It is yeah. I was going to link you to that one if you weren't comfortable with building yourself. Should be good for most games and with the 150 left you could even push to a 24 inch monitor if you wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Terror has a serious PC for €820, its far better than what you'd build for that money. I know its outside the budget but is worth saving up for imo

Yeah I saw that one too. Might possibly make an offer on one of them. I have to do some more research on all of those specs before I do anything.

How does adverts work in terms of paying?

How does adverts work in terms of paying?

I think you contact seller and arrange it. Like paypal they would message you their email address, postal order they'd message you their details etc... so depends on how you are paying once you have agreed a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 johnny6393

1. What is your budget? [€1,000]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming] FPS games mainly maybe racing.
    3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [no]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [no]
    5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [24"]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard and Mouse]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [no]

8. How can you pay? [Visa Card]

9. When are you purchasing? [Probably before 21 days]

10. Don't need help building it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You're better off starting your own thread Johnny! :)

Advertisement