Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem Reinstalling PS4 Software with new Hard Drive

Options
  • 28-09-2015 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭

I recently decided to upgrade the HDD on my PS4 from 500gb to 1TB. I backed up all my saves and other data on a USB stick and removed the old HDD and replaced it with the new one. When I power up the console, it asks me to insert the USB device with the update file on it, which I have connected. When I press 'OK', it searches for a few seconds and then returns the error message:
    The update file cannot be used. Connect a USB storage device that contains an update file for reinstallation for version 2.57 or later. (CE-34788-0)

I downloaded the update from here and used the official guide.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

I recently decided to upgrade the HDD on my PS4 from 500gb to 1TB. I backed up all my saves and other data on a USB stick and removed the old HDD and replaced it with the new one. When I power up the console, it asks me to insert the USB device with the update file on it, which I have connected. When I press 'OK', it searches for a few seconds and then returns the error message:

I downloaded the update from here and used the official guide.

How big is the file you downloaded?
    Have you it saved in the proper directory?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

How big is the file you downloaded?
    Have you it saved in the proper directory?

I think i may have the incorrect file (275mb), just found the 785mb update file, that seems to be the one. Just downloading it now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

I think i may have the incorrect file (275mb), just found the 785mb update file, that seems to be the one. Just downloading it now

Ya, that's what I suspected!

Advertisement