Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM didnt gave money but account is down 500euro!!!

Options
  • 28-09-2015 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

My fiance used his visa debit card today to withdraw 500euro from our joint account from a nearby AIB ATM. The ATM went through the motions of counting the cash but no money came out!! However our joint account was quickly 500euro down. 500 euro is A LOT of money we are devastated. The response from the clerk in the bank was horrible too. "Oh its not our problem you shouldnt have used an AIB ATM". Since when can BOI customers not use an AIB Banklink?! 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

fward87 wrote: »
    My fiance used his visa debit card today to withdraw 500euro from our joint account from a nearby AIB ATM. The ATM went through the motions of counting the cash but no money came out!! However our joint account was quickly 500euro down. 500 euro is A LOT of money we are devastated. The response from the clerk in the bank was horrible too. "Oh its not our problem you shouldnt have used an AIB ATM". Since when can BOI customers not use an AIB Banklink?! 
    I've had that happen to me before. BOI account and taking money out of an AIB ATM. BOI refunded the money immediately. Surprised at the response you got from the clerk. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

fward87 wrote: »
    Hi fward87,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.

We're sorry to hear this and can understand this can be frustrating for you. Please be advised that our Visa debit cards can be used at any ATMs displaying the Visa symbol.

When the ATM in question resets it should recognise that no cash was dispensed and the amount should return to your account. However please be mindful that this can take up to five working days to adjust back to your account.

If the funds do not return to your account, you can send your query on 365 Online by clicking on the Online Service Desk and the Ask a Question option. Alternatively you can call Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818 365 365 and select option 1 followed by the *. A representative will then be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement