Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2016 Babies Club

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

bonnie_ wrote: »
    Hi! The nurse in my GP surgery did the vaccine for me. It cost 20 euro and takes 2 weeks to kick in. Sorry not sure about getting it at a pharmacy...

thanks! My GP did say to book in with the nurse. I thought I had heard the pharmacists can do the flu vaccine, but not sure. I might just go to the nurse though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    thanks! My GP did say to book in with the nurse. I thought I had heard the pharmacists can do the flu vaccine, but not sure. I might just go to the nurse though.

I actually got mine done in boots at about 19 weeks - one of the questions you answer includes whether you're pregnant or not and who your gp is (they then inform them that you've gotten the vaccine). It was grand for me, like another poster said bit of a sore arm but fine otherwise. I'm 30 weeks now and not a bother :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I actually got mine done in boots at about 19 weeks - one of the questions you answer includes whether you're pregnant or not and who your gp is (they then inform them that you've gotten the vaccine). It was grand for me, like another poster said bit of a sore arm but fine otherwise. I'm 30 weeks now and not a bother :)

How much do they charge in the pharmacy and did you have to make an appointment or can you just walk in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

As far as I can remember it was about 20 - you do have to make an appointment but it's way more casual than the doctors, they literally told me to pick whatever time/day I wanted. The whole thing takes about 25 minutes (they make you wait for about 10 minutes (if it's your first time getting it) after just to make sure you're okay after it).

As far as I can remember it was about 20 - you do have to make an appointment but it's way more casual than the doctors, they literally told me to pick whatever time/day I wanted. The whole thing takes about 25 minutes (they make you wait for about 10 minutes (if it's your first time getting it) after just to make sure you're okay after it).

Great, thanks for the info! Will check it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I did get the flu vaccine and didn't even know I was pregnant at the time it was so early on for me. I had no adverse reactions at all and am 20/21 weeks now. Baby is doing fine.
    I got it from Occ Health at work and it was very casual.

I will also get the whooping cough vaccine. I think its administered at 28 weeks. Its not for the Mum as far as I am aware but for the baby.
    I didn't get it last time around but this time now that I have RA and the treatment I'm on for it is being passed on to the baby I think I should. My obstetrician recommended it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I decided not to get the vaccine but I'm almost positive that my GP said it was free to patients in the at risk group (which includes pregnant women).

A girl in work got it in boots, think she said it was in and around the €20 mark

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Aveen

Flu vaccine is free though GP for risk patients from what I remember. I didn't get cause I'm fraid because I had antibotics for the side of effects for bad morning sickness now I believe I've a chesty cough, sinus infection & sore throat for week now trying everything before getting more antibotics. Bought a a nutibullent to boast my immune building, fingers cross.
    Hope all ladies are doing well, I'll be half way on Friday exciting and scary :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

I have never gotten the flu vaccine on any of my pregnancies and i dont think im going to start now, bad enough that i have to get the anti d injection at about 28 weeks and i have to have the gtt test done on the 27th of feb so thats enough poking and prodding for me anyway,

how is everyone else keeping other then colds and flu's, i have my 20 week scan tomorrow im so excited :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

I have never gotten the flu vaccine on any of my pregnancies and i dont think im going to start now, bad enough that i have to get the anti d injection at about 28 weeks and i have to have the gtt test done on the 27th of feb so thats enough poking and prodding for me anyway,

how is everyone else keeping other then colds and flu's, i have my 20 week scan tomorrow im so excited :)

• Advertisement

I'm O- too betsie, didn't get the shot on my last pregnancy, they tested my daughters blood at birth and turns out she is O- aswell so on the back of that my husband got his blood typed and he is - also so no need for the shot for me! Holles Street invited me to the RH- clinic around 28weeks too which is new since my last pregnancy but they said I can decline if I was sure of the fathers blood type, happy about that!

I have my big scan tomorrow and I am so looking forward to hopefully knowing everything is OK! Will be a big sigh of relief afterwards fingers crossed :)

Aside from that my pelvis is in bits, it's making me waddle and feel bigger than I am, ridiculous. Heartburn is in full force too so I have the bottle of gaviscon permanently on me and taking swigs as and when I need it, delightful. I'm in great form though and on a countdown to maternity leave, work is crazy busy, no let up here, although my boss is happy for me to work from home on the days that I need to which is great, being an accountant has the odd rare perk I suppose!

My symptoms are exact mirror image of my last pregnancy which is convincing me it's another girl but sure time will tell on that score :D

Hope everyone else is well!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

That makes 3 of us, I've my big scan tmrw too. That's mad. I'll be 21+5wks. I'm nearly certain I've been feeling movement the last week or so, so I'm dying to see how this little one is getting on. Think I'm finally starting to relax and enjoy this pregnancy (at long last). Tmrw will be a great relief. Himself has taken the day off so we're gonna make a day of it and go look at buggies etc afterwards. I'm really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Aveen

Hey ladies, enjoy your scans tomorrow, excited for you all. Mines next week so can't wait to hear how you all get on :-)

Scan went brilliant, we have a perfect little person growing away, so delighted! It's all feeling real now! We are having another little girl, couldn't be happier :)

Best of luck with yer scans hazelnut and Betsie :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Congratulations on the scan Digs and another little girl. Hazlenut Button delighted yours went well too. You'll be feeling kicks and punches all too soon and it will be wonderful.

My big scan is next Monday and I'm really looking forward to it too. I get a good scan each time I'm with my consultant but my husband hasn't been able to come to any appointments with me since the first one (he is totally wiped at work at the appointment times while suiting me perfectly don't work for him) and he will be coming to this one. He hasn't seen our little boy since he was 7 weeks old and now he'll be 21/22 and is a big active baby so it will be lovely to share that with him.

It's a little girl for us too! So exciting.

She was lying in a really awkward position and moving like crazy so took ages to get all the measurements they needed but everything measuring spot on and she's weighing a pound too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Congratulations on your scans Digs and Hazelnut :-) Great news.
    Penny I have my scan on Monday too :-)

I bought a few things at the Aldi baby event today. I love their cellular blankets, had them for my boy and found them great. I bought lemon and green colours today for a change from blue. Also got the v shaped pillow, my Argos one has seen better days ! Great quality also and think it was €6.

Paid deposit on our buggy today. Holy moly they ain't cheap. It's nearly as complicated as buying a car. I'm just glad to have it ordered so that we can br chipping away at what's owed over the next few months.

Paid deposit on our buggy today. Holy moly they ain't cheap. It's nearly as complicated as buying a car. I'm just glad to have it ordered so that we can br chipping away at what's owed over the next few months.

Oooooh exciting ... What did you go for ?

shivers27 wrote: »
    Oooooh exciting ... What did you go for ?

Ended up going for the uppababy Vista. A few friends have them and all rave about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

Well ladies the time is really ticking along now. Congratulations Digs and Hazelnut Button on your scans! It is very exciting. I have mine in two weeks time so can't wait. I'm still going to hold off on finding out what I'm having for the moment anyway! We must start keeping count of the numbers of girls-v- boys everyone is having in the June thread.

Hazelnut Button that's mad I also put a deposit on my buggy yesterday! We went to Tony Kealys and they were brilliant. They spent ages going through the Bugaboo & Uppababy Vista with us. They don't put any pressure on you and know what they are talking about. We went with the Bugaboo in the end. Not much between them any of our friends that have either of these buggies are very happy with them.

Ended up going for the uppababy Vista. A few friends have them and all rave about it.

Oh good choice. I've heard very good reviews about it too.

Congrats on the buggy buying girls, that's the fun bit!

Appledrop we have a bugaboo and I absolutely adore it. My husband was slightly dubious about how much it cost in the beginning but after seeing how much use I've got out of it it's money very well spent in his opinion. I absolutely walked the streets with it over the last two and a half years and it looks as new as the day we bought it. Looking forward to getting the cot part out for #2 now :) we got the black base and beige hood etc with pink liner and footmuff so don't have to change a thing.

We don't really have a thing to buy this time but I got the cutest "best little sister" sleepsuit in next over the weekend. Hidden away in the wardrobe now!

Good luck penny and shivers tomorrow with your scans!

Shivers how did you get on with the out n about by the way? Any success with a double buggy?

Best of luck with the scans. Hope they go really well.

Buggy was the first big purchase. It's all starting to feel real now. I'm clueless as to what else i need to buy. I feel like you could spend a fortune on things you don't really need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

That's great to hear you love your Bugaboo Digs! I can't wait to use it. We went for the turquoise colour. It's brilliant the way you can wash the fabric if the baby decides to throw up it's feeds!

I had to warn my husband before we went buggy shopping that I was the expert in the buggy buying area & he wasn't to have a heart attack at the price of the travel systems;) He really didn't have a clue how much they cost but really liked the Bugaboo as well and thought it would suit us the best.

Best of luck to everyone else who has their big scan coming up this week! Let us know how you get on.

Digs wrote: »
    Congrats on the buggy buying girls, that's the fun bit!

Appledrop we have a bugaboo and I absolutely adore it. My husband was slightly dubious about how much it cost in the beginning but after seeing how much use I've got out of it it's money very well spent in his opinion. I absolutely walked the streets with it over the last two and a half years and it looks as new as the day we bought it. Looking forward to getting the cot part out for #2 now :) we got the black base and beige hood etc with pink liner and footmuff so don't have to change a thing.

We don't really have a thing to buy this time but I got the cutest "best little sister" sleepsuit in next over the weekend. Hidden away in the wardrobe now!

Good luck penny and shivers tomorrow with your scans!

Shivers how did you get on with the out n about by the way? Any success with a double buggy?

Hey Digs,

I went and tried out the out n about, lovely buggy but for me it's just a wee bit too wide. I decided against the side by side and I've actually gone for Phil and Teds Verve :-) It's lovely to push and folds down pretty small with both seats on and the wheels on. Got a good deal on Little angels.ie. I have it already upstairs under the bed !! Are you going to go for the out n about ?

Aw love the little sleep suit you got :-) I must keep an eye out for "little brother " and "big brother " clothing. TBH I'm like you I don't really need anything this time round but keeping managing to find bits and pieces to buy !!

Oh that's really interesting shivers! I've put the double buggy on the long finger but must get back at it now so will take a look at the Phil n teds aswell, definitely haven't decided on any one yet :) great you've got it sorted!

I'm going to go to a Sling meet I think, hoping to get my hands on a stretchy wrap for the first few weeks for newbie!

Check out next, they have an adorable little bro onesie. I weeded through my daughters clothes after finding out we were having another girl and am still left with boxes of really good stuff but I just can't help myself around the gorgeous newborn stuff sometimes, I'm weak!! :)

The stuff in next is too cute. I seen the little sister onesie it's adorable. They have a great selection and I love that the girl stuff isn't all pink. I'm not a pink person at all. The clothes are pricey but seem to be really good quality. I bought a few random bits on thurs after the scan when all excited. Need to figure out what essentials we need tho. It's too easy for the excited part of my brain to take over and I'm liable to go mental.

Right that's it girls ... I'm heading to Next tomorrow after the scan to get a little brother and big brother baby grow and t shirt :-) ( all going well of course )

• Advertisement

Ah too exciting shivers - good luck!

The next stuff is a great investment hazelnut, my daughter wore the onesies to death but they are still in great nick for number 2, they wash so well and hold their shape. The 5 packs of white vests are about €12.50 I think, for the quality they are great value. Their clothes are definitely worth the money.

We got a serious amount of clothes as gifts last time round and I'd say 90% were next!

Advertisement