Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2016 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

Hi ladies,

Glad you are all doing well. Exciting to hear all the updates from the 28th week appointments and scan. I have mine next week so looking forward to it. Time seems to be flying by which is a bit scary as now I'm starting to think about the labour:eek:

Starting to fill out my maternity form. I know in work they said to get the GP to sign it but I've opted for all my appointments with my consultant so can she sign the form next week instead?

On a separate note so sad with the tragedy in Donegal over the weekend. I bawled thinking about that little 4mth old baby that was saved and her family that didn't make it. Then we have the bombs in Brussels today were one of my extended family members live. Thankfully they are ok but only missed the metro bomb by a few minutes. It really puts things in perspective doesn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Oh stop appledrop I know, cannot get that poor woman in Buncrana out of my head, what she must be going through. And those poor people, to be so terrified yourself and know your wee ones are suffering in the back, I just can't even go there. Lots of extra hugs for my girl this week.

As for Belgium? I just don't know, it's a scarey place we are bringing our children into :(

Your consultant can sign the forms instead of the GP alright :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Happy Easter and summer time everyone. I hope those of you with kids already didn't grt too disrupted by the change of time and have kids that were up too early.!

I'm officially 28+5 (yet baby is measuring. 10 days ahead of that and I am certainly feeling those 10 days!) and over the last few days have gotten so obsessed with getting things sorted and ready.
    I am always one for the organised fun I know but I just cannot get the thoughts that we'll be greeting our little boy much sooner than the dates say. I've even had 3 dreams that I've been in labour and given birth.

Yesterday we got the new mattress for the cot, sheets, etc. I've started to clear out the spare room and will finish that in the next day or so. Have also organised a minder for our little girl for when D Day comes and will start on packing the bags for the hospital soon too.

How is everyone else getting on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Oooooh penny, it sounds like you're really getting everything in order for the new arrival :-) It all sounds very exciting. I wonder when your little one will arrive ?!

I have a list of bits and pieces I have to get , 2 new mattresses, bed sheets etc. Nothing too big thank God. I got the double buggy aaaaages ago ! Im going to leave my son where he is and just put baby's cot in our room till around Xmas time. At that stage I'll move my son to the bigger spare room.

I'm going to pack my hospital bag at around 30 weeks. I'm 28 weeks today :-) I have my hospital appointment on Wednesday.. Seeing doctors and have my GTT aswell !

Happy Easter to everyone, enjoy the day xx

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Penny and shivers good to hear all is going well and you're getting organised for baby's arrivals. My sister is throwing a small baby shower for me next weekend so I'm going to start packing a bag after that and figuring out what else I need. I feel clueless in that department still.

I was 30 weeks yesterday. This gestational diabetes is still kicking my ass. My numbers are fine when I eat but it's my fasting number first thing in the morning that's not cooperating. They've put me on medication to see if it will help. Supposedly it's the hardest one to control, driven completely by hormones. Still really frustrating though. I really want to control it. Hate the idea that it could be affecting bubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Aveen

Hi Ladies,
    How's everyone doing? I had my28 week appointment last week, all going well, the wee monkey was beech at the time but that's minor detail at this stage. Trying to get hubby on board to organise things, will get baby clothes out and wash ready for packing my bags. Can't believe down to last ten weeks in work & that's only if I don't need to go early.
    Hope everyone had lovely Easter :)

Aveen wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,
    How's everyone doing? I had my28 week appointment last week, all going well, the wee monkey was beech at the time but that's minor detail at this stage. Trying to get hubby on board to organise things, will get baby clothes out and wash ready for packing my bags. Can't believe down to last ten weeks in work & that's only if I don't need to go early.
    Hope everyone had lovely Easter :)

I've gotten really paranoid about going early, It's even affecting my dreams.
    We picked up a second hand double buggy yesterday too but the cot mattress we had ordered from Mammas and Pappas has been cancelled for some reason. They left a message yesterday so I must call them to see what the story is with it.
    Baby's room is a mess but at least it's been started on. Have lots of clothes ready too and have sorted out someone to mind per daughter when D day comes.

We have most things ready to go. Have the co sleeper, double buggy and my husband picked up a buddy board for #1 for our bugaboo at the weekend. Just a sling to pick up now. I also have boxes and boxes of barely worn lovely clothes from number one so this baby wants for nothing!

My husband is in the process of doing up the large back bedroom for our daughter so we can move her from the nursery. Have to say it's turning out gorgeous, am loving decorating it. We got a bunk bed too, having two girls is working out well, they can share in a few years if it suits them! L is getting very excited about her big girls room, we'll probably move her in the next few weeks and then spruce up the nursery with a lick of paint.

Aside from that I have a breast feeding consultation coming up with Sue Jameson, really looking forward to it, have a few kinks to work out from baby number one.

Also turns out no GD here, the midwives and consultant held no weight with my daughters weight, she was just shy of 9lbs at 42 weeks, apparently it's not rocket science, once they go past 40 weeks they are just sitting in there putting on weight which can be the guts of a pound a week!!! So she most likely would have been very average weight if born at term. She was a pound lighter leaving the hospital so she literally was just sitting in there pickling :) Midwife commented last week how neat and tidy I was for 28 weeks so I'd say we have another long skinny baba on the way.

This little lady is kicking the living daylights out of me, she gets hiccups all the time too, I don't think she stopped to take a breath at all last night. Daughter number one was sick last night so not much sleep had but I think number 2 was set on keeping me awake anyway :)

Digs wrote: »
    We have most things ready to go. Have the co sleeper, double buggy and my husband picked up a buddy board for #1 for our bugaboo at the weekend. Just a sling to pick up now. I also have boxes and boxes of barely worn lovely clothes from number one so this baby wants for nothing!

My husband is in the process of doing up the large back bedroom for our daughter so we can move her from the nursery. Have to say it's turning out gorgeous, am loving decorating it. We got a bunk bed too, having two girls is working out well, they can share in a few years if it suits them! L is getting very excited about her big girls room, we'll probably move her in the next few weeks and then spruce up the nursery with a lick of paint.

Aside from that I have a breast feeding consultation coming up with Sue Jameson, really looking forward to it, have a few kinks to work out from baby number one.

Also turns out no GD here, the midwives and consultant held no weight with my daughters weight, she was just shy of 9lbs at 42 weeks, apparently it's not rocket science, once they go past 40 weeks they are just sitting in there putting on weight which can be the guts of a pound a week!!! So she most likely would have been very average weight if born at term. She was a pound lighter leaving the hospital so she literally was just sitting in there pickling :) Midwife commented last week how neat and tidy I was for 28 weeks so I'd say we have another long skinny baba on the way.

This little lady is kicking the living daylights out of me, she gets hiccups all the time too, I don't think she stopped to take a breath at all last night. Daughter number one was sick last night so not much sleep had but I think number 2 was set on keeping me awake anyway :)

It is nice not to have lots of things to get with the second one isn't it? I get lots of " you're so neat" comments too which amuse me a bit. I know people are being nice and it's far far from the worst thing anyone could say to a pregnant woman but I do think to myself " if I was bigger would I have messy bump?"

Had acupuncture this morning which was lovely. Had a lovely little nap and relaxing hour and as per usual the little one was tumbling away like he belongs in Cirque de Soliel. When the kicks and movements aren't sore and sharp I do like them a lot and it's one thing I really do miss about being pregnant after they're born. It's a special mum and baby thing that I love.

Haha true penny! I suppose the two things I hate people saying to pregnant women is A) you're so tiny B) you're absolutely huge. Neat I think is a way of getting around saying the word small, which can induce a bit of worry, no more than the opposite big can! A straight forward wow you look lovely will do :)

I had acupuncture on number one also at a stage I wasn't getting much sleep and it was so lovely, I was so nice and snoozy after it.

Definitely lovely to have the few bits together already, I am so relaxed this time. We've even booked a trip to Italy for sept when baby is around 2/3 months and also we've booked flights to the states for Christmas to see my brother and his family. Baring in mind we'll have my folks and some of my sisters etc on each trip but I'm definitely so much more confident this time round :) really looking forward to June and this little arrival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

Hi ladies,

I had my 28 weeks appointment this week & everything looking good. My consultant is very happy with me BP normal and everything looking good. Baby was head down at the scan but as she was saying could be different an hour later! This baby never stops moving so we will see what position it is in at about 34 weeks.

We have had a very busy Easter break like most of you getting things ready for the baby. My husband has been brilliant & now has the nursery painted & a new floor down. We have also bought a lot of the essential now although I still can't bring myself to buy any baby clothes. It's a bit scary on your first getting everything ready as I still worry about something going wrong. Unfortunately we know someone whose baby was stillborn so it plays on my mind some days more than others.

Can't believe how little time is left to go in work. Still have loads to do. We have our antinateal class next weekend so looking forward to that.

Some of you might be interested in this:

http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/product-specs/9622/21803/d-link-eyeon-baby-monitor-junior-plus.html

Baby monitor on ibood today. Seems like a great price. We've ordered one so hopefully it's decent enough. Deal is only up for 24hrs.

I had my 30 week appointment yesteday. Baby is now measuring at 32 weeks though! Doctor is plotting the growth and is delighted with how everything is looking especially considering my RA. Auto immune disorders often lead to small babies and a poor placenta but I seem to grow them well and this little one is in the 95th percentile. Interestingly when plotted against my daughter he is only a little bigger at the same age. Its great to know that if I do go early (as I'm absolutely convinced I will:o) then it means there won't be an issue with size or lungs, etc.

I spent the weekend going through clothes and baby stuff and I've run out of space. I have so many clothes (baby gros, vests, etc) from my daughter and my nephew (5 months old) that I have run out of storage space. This baby could wear something different every day until he is 9 months old. Its nuts isn't it. Thankfully I'd bought very little myself other than one or two new vests and baby gros (they'll be the first clothes he wears and his going home outfit) and a new mattress for the cot and moses basket, new teats for the bottles and a new bottle brush. I couldn't resist a few new teddies for his cot though in Marks and Spencer yesterday. His sister is still small enough that she won't relinquish those in her cot and I'm not going to take them from her either.

Back at work today after a few lovely weeks off. Only have 8 more to work and thats if I don't go sooner!.

How is everyone else doing?

Oh penny I hope you go early or it'll be a loooong pregnancy for ya otherwise if you've convinced yourself :)

All grand here, dropped to a three day week, was either that or be signed off completely, pelvis is in a jock. Developed the weirdest tailbone ache this week too, very uncomfortable to sit! Only three more weeks to suffer in work for me and I'm done, can't wait! To be honest it's the getting in and out that's bothering me more so than the actual work.

I'm actually sleeping really well which is brilliant!

Having trouble with names, my husband came up with daughter number ones name which luckily I loved so he keeps saying he's happy for me to pick this one, obviously I wouldn't pick something he hated. I have no idea, think I'll be going to the hospital with a list of about 8 names whereas number one was named before she was born! Typical I have a definite boys name in my head, no girls.

Oh penny I hope you go early or it'll be a loooong pregnancy for ya otherwise if you've convinced yourself :)

All grand here, dropped to a three day week, was either that or be signed off completely, pelvis is in a jock. Developed the weirdest tailbone ache this week too, very uncomfortable to sit! Only three more weeks to suffer in work for me and I'm done, can't wait! To be honest it's the getting in and out that's bothering me more so than the actual work.

I'm actually sleeping really well which is brilliant!

Having trouble with names, my husband came up with daughter number ones name which luckily I loved so he keeps saying he's happy for me to pick this one, obviously I wouldn't pick something he hated. I have no idea, think I'll be going to the hospital with a list of about 8 names whereas number one was named before she was born! Typical I have a definite boys name in my head, no girls.

That sounds like your coccyx thats troubling you. I only say it with such certainty because I broke mine a few years ago (it was hideious, I broke it right off and I still can't think about it without shuddering). Thankfully it didn't trouble me on my last pregnancy and it only bothered me a bit this time around. I was advised that when it came to labour and actual delivery that it would put less pressure on the coccyx if I lay on my side (if you're having an epi that is otherwise you have a lot of options re: position open to you). Anyway I had my epi last time out and lay on my side and had no trouble with the coccyx as a result.

Its great that you're sleeping well. I am too actually which is surprising me I must admit. I obviously got the pillow arrangement sorted out well.

Thanks penny, yeah it's the weirdest thing, it's not a pain or an ache, more like a tenderness when I sit on it, as if it's swollen or something. Grand lying down, just sitting! The joys of it! And yikes that accident you had sounds nasty!!

Getting good sleep is amazing and loooooong may it last! Pillow forts for the win :)

Thanks penny, yeah it's the weirdest thing, it's not a pain or an ache, more like a tenderness when I sit on it, as if it's swollen or something. Grand lying down, just sitting! The joys of it! And yikes that accident you had sounds nasty!!

Getting good sleep is amazing and loooooong may it last! Pillow forts for the win :)

My husband has just finished a long long project at work that came right on the heels of finishing his MSc and he has complained of the same symptoms and said it hurts to sit down too. All of the extra pressure on your coccyx causes it- for us while pregnant for him it's because he has spent months sitting down it would seem.
    I found doing gentle squats helped alleviate the pressure as did rolling on my side and pushing up with my arm when I had to get out of bed or a lying position. It puts less pressure on your tailbone than trying to sit up directly. Granted at this stage of your pregnancy you probably can't sit straight up anymore anyway, I know I haven't been able to bend like that for weeks now :-)

You know that accident where I broke it was the worst thing that has ever ever happened and I say that having been in a serious car accident at 19, developed RA and given birth. The pain was intense and lasted for a full year. I'm really pretty hard core about pain and tolerating a lot but the fact that you sit on a broken bone with that injury and you can't isolate it or cast it up until it heals made every single thing hurt. I was wondering if giving birth would be better or worse than breaking it and now that I've done both I'd give birth anytime over breaking it again.

I actually dont know what way to be sitting anymore, work is torture! Pelvis dictates I need to sit straight, tailbone means I can't and need to try sit more on one bum cheek, pelvis doesn't like this and baby who has her head stuck in my ribs would like me to recline! I'm huffing and puffing and changing positions like goodo with all the grace of a baby elephant and I'm walking like John Wayne. My colleague who's never had kids is getting a great kick out of me :)

Funny you mention squats, I've been doing classes with the bump room my physio recommended, they are absolutely fantastic, a girl who is a physiotherapist in the rotunda runs them. When she first mentioned squats I was like wtf no way but they really help! Granted there are a few exercises I can't do with the spd but the rest of them are lovely. Also have my bouncy ball back in the living room and am enjoying hanging out on that!

If this discomfort in my coccyx is anything to go by I don't know how you endured breaking yours, you poor thing, it sounds unreal!

I actually dont know what way to be sitting anymore, work is torture! Pelvis dictates I need to sit straight, tailbone means I can't and need to try sit more on one bum cheek, pelvis doesn't like this and baby who has her head stuck in my ribs would like me to recline! I'm huffing and puffing and changing positions like goodo with all the grace of a baby elephant and I'm walking like John Wayne. My colleague who's never had kids is getting a great kick out of me :)

Funny you mention squats, I've been doing classes with the bump room my physio recommended, they are absolutely fantastic, a girl who is a physiotherapist in the rotunda runs them. When she first mentioned squats I was like wtf no way but they really help! Granted there are a few exercises I can't do with the spd but the rest of them are lovely. Also have my bouncy ball back in the living room and am enjoying hanging out on that!

If this discomfort in my coccyx is anything to go by I don't know how you endured breaking yours, you poor thing, it sounds unreal!

A donut cushion will help. The only seats I found tolerable while my injury was healing was either the toilet (I kid you not, its just a round ring with no pressure applied anywhere to your undercarriage - yes there are things that are JUST as sexy as pregnancy:p) or the donut cushion when I finally admitted that I needed something.

Hi girls,
    Sorry to hear about all the pains and aches :-( For me it's my hips after any prolonged standing they hurt like hell ! It's making work so difficult as I have to stand for most of the day :-( I've still got 6 weeks left in work. Only doing 2 days weeks until I finish up so not the worst.

I'm also sleeping pretty well. Im up and down to the toilet 2-3 times but fall straight back asleep.

Ugh unfortunately I have Diabetes again :-( I had it in my last pregnancy so know what to do and what to expect etc so just getting on with it ...

The plan is for an elective c section approx one week before due date, so June 12th !! I had an emergency section with my son. They will confirm the date at next hospital visit may 11th

Take care xx

• Advertisement

shivers27 wrote: »
    Hi girls,
    Sorry to hear about all the pains and aches :-( For me it's my hips after any prolonged standing they hurt like hell ! It's making work so difficult as I have to stand for most of the day :-( I've still got 6 weeks left in work. Only doing 2 days weeks until I finish up so not the worst.

I'm also sleeping pretty well. Im up and down to the toilet 2-3 times but fall straight back asleep.

Ugh unfortunately I have Diabetes again :-( I had it in my last pregnancy so know what to do and what to expect etc so just getting on with it ...

The plan is for an elective c section approx one week before due date, so June 12th !! I had an emergency section with my son. They will confirm the date at next hospital visit may 11th

Take care xx

Poor you. I couldn't imagine having to stand for ages every day - even if it was only 2 days per week. I'd be in a heap by the end of day 1.
    At least you're sleeping well. Imagine how much worse it would be if you weren't. I don't drink anything after 8pm and if I go to bed at 10pm then I can often get away with not needing to get up to pee until 06:30 or so. At least at that stage I have a full nights sleep behind me and I don't actually have to get up properly until 07:15. I'd be woken up around then anyway with my husband getting up to get ready for work.

At least with an elective section you can put things in place before hand and you're mentally prepared for it.
    When I was expecting my daughter there was a query about placenta previa and there was talk of a section. It bothered me a bit until I thought at least I'll be prepared for it and can organise things around not being able to drive, etc. As it turned out the placenta previa wasn't an issue at all and I delivered myself.
    This little one is head in my liver, feet to the right of my pelvis and bum towards the cervix but this position isn't of concern unless he doesn't move around week 35/36. I have the possible need for a section at the back of my mind but I know that second babies don't necessarily move into exit position until very close to delivery day unlike first babies so I'm not thinking about it too much.

Ah shivers sorry to hear that! You're a better woman than me managing to stand all day. Pain in the bum about GD, I suppose you know the drill this time. At least with the elective section you're all set and can plan things much better with your other little one. You can start a proper countdown now :)

Penny my Mam mentioned that cushion to me last night, I must check it out. My poor boss will die with the unholy mortifying shame of it but he'll live.

Karma got me after my smugness on the good sleep front and was in agony last night, like you shivers I'm up two to three times a night with the loo now but there was no getting back to sleep last night for me! Hoping it was a fluke. We're definitely in 3rd trimester discomfort territory now!

Penny I hope your little one moves into the right position, as you say there's lots of time to move yet. I think I'll try that no drinking after 8pm coz it's a pain getting up and down to the toilet.

Digs I hope last night was just a once off and you get back to sleeping ok.

Are any of you guys going the sma baby fair this weekend ? I went back in 2014 and thought it was pretty good. Ya get loads of freebies :-)

Another breech baby here. Was in with diabetic midwives this morning and bubs is till bum down. Hoping she turns soon.

Shivers I can relate on the GD. It's a pain. My fasting numbers are still the bain of my life. Talk of possibly increasing my medication but hoping to avoid it. Otherwise they're fine. I just find it really hard having to constantly think about food. I've really lost my appetite since becoming pregnant and I feel like I'm force feeding myself sometimes. Not to mention not being able to eat any of the good stuff (chocolate).

Another breech baby here. Was in with diabetic midwives this morning and bubs is till bum down. Hoping she turns soon.

Shivers I can relate on the GD. It's a pain. My fasting numbers are still the bain of my life. Talk of possibly increasing my medication but hoping to avoid it. Otherwise they're fine. I just find it really hard having to constantly think about food. I've really lost my appetite since becoming pregnant and I feel like I'm force feeding myself sometimes. Not to mention not being able to eat any of the good stuff (chocolate).[/QUOTE]

Gives me heartburn:( How many weeks are you now Hazelnut Button?

Shivers I can relate on the GD. It's a pain. My fasting numbers are still the bain of my life. Talk of possibly increasing my medication but hoping to avoid it. Otherwise they're fine. I just find it really hard having to constantly think about food. I've really lost my appetite since becoming pregnant and I feel like I'm force feeding myself sometimes. Not to mention not being able to eat any of the good stuff (chocolate).[/QUOTE]

Gives me heartburn:( How many weeks are you now Hazelnut Button?

I'm 31+4 today so tipping along nicely. 6 more weeks until I finish work. Can't wait to finish up finding it hard being on my feet all day.

How many weeks are you?

I'm 31+4 today so tipping along nicely. 6 more weeks until I finish work. Can't wait to finish up finding it hard being on my feet all day.

How many weeks are you?

Seriously I do not know how any of you stick being on your feet all day. Its a killer. 31+4!:) We're all really getting close to the finish line now. I'm officially 30+1 but as my last scan on Monday had me officially at 29+6 but with a baby measuring 2 weeks ahead who the hell knows where I am. I certainly feel like I couldn't be any less.
    I have 7 weeks left (again officially) until I start maternity leave but I might not stick it out that long even if the baby decides to take up squatters rights inside me.

Seriously I do not know how any of you stick being on your feet all day. Its a killer. 31+4!:) We're all really getting close to the finish line now. I'm officially 30+1 but as my last scan on Monday had me officially at 29+6 but with a baby measuring 2 weeks ahead who the hell knows where I am. I certainly feel like I couldn't be any less.
    I have 7 weeks left (again officially) until I start maternity leave but I might not stick it out that long even if the baby decides to take up squatters rights inside me.

I hear you. In an ideal world I'd like to finish up sooner but I'm a teacher and feel guilty leaving the kids in the run up to exams so going to try stick it out as long as I possibly can.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Aveen

Hey ladies, sound like we're al starting to feel the pregnancy. Heartburn is really kicking in here.

Shivers I see you've option for elective section, I'm really considering it too, don't want another emergency section. But keep think what if... Over thinking big time.
    Not sure what position baby in at present, GP wasn't sure this am, has be beech but that nothing to worry about until 36wks. Swelling in hands and hand starting too but I know I need to drink more water but mean more toilet trips lol!
    Eight weeks of work left, I'll see how this month goes first, but I'll hope to keep going for as long as possible

• Advertisement

What is with the June babies all being the wrong way round?? Monkeys! Daughter number one didn't move her butt the right direction till she was 36 weeks and then she didn't actually engage until labour so I've a feeling I'll be the same this time.

Shivers I don't think I'll be doing to the show but interested to hear how you get on. I'm keeping movement to the minimum with my spd and aside from that I'm trying to clear the house out, if I bring anything else into it I think my husband will have a melt down :)

Advertisement