Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2016 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Veeery close to rainbow kirbys baby's weight my son was 3.38kg and 49cm 3 weeks early, I had 0-3 clothes but they were far too big, had to send someone to buy one pack of newborn babygros. He was out of them in a week but they were a much better fit, made him easier to hold and are super adorable and tiny to look at now a year later :) 7lbs or a bit less or more is a fine sized baby, a very normal weight, it's not like it's a "tiny baby" size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Both of mine were predicted to be 8lbers. One was 8lb 2oz, one was 8lb 1oz at 10 days over and 5 days over respectively. I didn't buy any newborn stuff initially but did get a handful of up to one month babygros from tesco and next. They fit very well and weren't huge on them like the 0-3 were in the beginning. My 8lb 1oz baby was a way different build than her big sister and did fit into newborn for a couple of weeks even though she was bigger than 7lb. My 8lb 2oz baby didn't fit into them. She was a bigger, stockier baby even though there was only an oz in the difference between them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

Thanks for all the advice ladies. I hit the shops today and brought a few outfits in the newborn 7lb size but then as most of you said there is also a size for up to a month old-10lbs so brought more of these just in case the baby is a bit bigger. Don't think I will have a big baby but you never know;)

Got myself a few more tops aswell. I thought the clothes I had would last for the next few weeks but my bump is still getting bigger all the time. Seems such a waste buying them when you know you won't get much wear out of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I'm living in Zara's oversized tshirts, they're €12.95 and that kind of silky material so they're actually lovely, I can stick to my normal size so they'll be perfect for after and I don't feel so guilty buying them at this stage. I've stopped buying maternity altogether actually, pippa o Connor has been great for tips, I've bought a few oversized shirts and bomber jackets (which obviously don't zip) etc bar bottoms obviously, I'm just rotating my maternity leggings/pants I've had since early on. To be fair it's much easier to dress myself now I've finished work.

I did go to town earlier with my Mam and bought a nursing bra in arnotts. Marks n Spencer's had me in completely the wrong size, they never sat right. This one is lovely, expensive but worth the comfort. Will try it out for a week or two and if it's still comfy I'll buy one or two more.

Think you're right to err on the side of bigger appledrop with the babygrows etc the baby will always fit into the big stuff eventually however too much of the newborn stuff if you've a bigger baby is a waste! If baba is teeny tiny you can always get someone to pick up some of the smaller babygrows etc my girl was born in April 2013 at the beginning of that really really hot summer, the day she was born was a scorcher and she spent most of her first few days in just a vest, the heat in the hospital was like nothing on earth!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭LNH666

Late joining this forum! Hi all & congratulations.
    I'm just over 33 weeks now and getting so excited/terrified. It's my first so the nesting urge has been strong - very strong! The man is getting a little fed up about how everything has to be perfect!!!!
    I've bought a few baby things now but same as appledrop I was back & forth with what sizes to buy. I ended up getting a few newborn babygrows & vests but only 5/6 of each - whatever was in the pack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

I've about 5-6 vests and babygros for up to 1 month and same again for 0-3 months. I was advised not to buy too much as you will get loads as gifts. Can always buy more as needed too. I feel like I've enough to get started now. All my up to 1 month stuff is packed in my hospital bag. Hopefully baby won't be a pudding and will fit them nicely.

LNH666 wrote: »
    Late joining this forum! Hi all & congratulations.
    I'm just over 33 weeks now and getting so excited/terrified. It's my first so the nesting urge has been strong - very strong! The man is getting a little fed up about how everything has to be perfect!!!!
    I've bought a few baby things now but same as appledrop I was back & forth with what sizes to buy. I ended up getting a few newborn babygrows & vests but only 5/6 of each - whatever was in the pack.

Congrats and welcome!!

Can commiserate with the nesting, it's unreal for me this time, no speck of dirt is safe ;) my poor husband has a list as long as his arm of instructions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭LNH666

oh I went full on -new kitchen & downstairs toilet :):):) poor husband.
    they were on the list of things to do for the last few years since we bought anyway - that's my excuse.

I'm the Rotunda & same as a few of the others gestational diabetes on my GTT. All my sugars apart from the GTT have been good though, and baby measuring normal size. Just find the antenatal appointments tiring - you're in there for so long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I've about 5-6 vests and babygros for up to 1 month and same again for 0-3 months. I was advised not to buy too much as you will get loads as gifts. Can always buy more as needed too. I feel like I've enough to get started now. All my up to 1 month stuff is packed in my hospital bag. Hopefully baby won't be a pudding and will fit them nicely.

You will get LOADS of presents. People are so very generous. My little girl is 20 months old and even still some of the things she is wearing for the first time were presents. I actually took some of the clothes back to the shops and changed them for bigger sizes. Lots of the presents came in 3-6 or 6-9 months sizes and if they were things I especially liked I changed them for a bigger size. Most shops have no issue with doing that for you even without a receipt, M&S being one of the very best.
    Digs wrote: »
    Congrats and welcome!!

Can commiserate with the nesting, it's unreal for me this time, no speck of dirt is safe ;) my poor husband has a list as long as his arm of instructions :)

My list of things to do was quite long. Now its down to "have the baby".
    5 days left in work - one will be out of the way today!.

I've decided that Tuesday will in fact be my last day. I'm just so wrecked, some from the pregnancy and not sleeping properly, some from having a 20 month old too, some from work and some from my RA and its not being medicated now. I bumped into my Occ Health doctor this morning by accident and she remarked on how tired I looked and said she wanted to certify me off.
    I have an appointment with her next Tuesday at 10am anyway and I'm off to the Coombe that afternoon for a 1pm appointment so I'm going to finish up then. Work just isn't worth it any more, you get no rewards for staying when you can't either.

I decied today that I wanted a packed of Snack a Jacks from the vending machine near my office. The vending machines here have the price displayed, along with the item order number (C8, D3, etc) and the calorie content of each item. I tried to pay 107cent for the snack a jacks twice before realising they were in fact 90cent and that 107 was the calorie content. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

How is everyone doing x I was at the hospital today so my dates are 34+2 baby is measuring 37 weeks and head is well down have been told to have bags ready just in case x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Sorry girls, haven't been on in a while ! I'm good... I'm 33+4 now. Doing grand really and finishing work next week :-) Penny you're dead right to finish up then ,as you say you get no thanks anyway ! Just look after yourself as nobody else will.

The GD is a bit of a pain, I've to go into Rotunda every week for bloods. I'm every so slightly above what they want but don't need any medication so far :-)

Any of you guys have a section on your last Pregnancy ? My scar line has become really sore the past few days !! Like a burning pulling pain. It's horrible :-( I'll give the midwives a ring tomorrow to check as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

hi shivers did you ring the midwife? i dont have any exoerience with a section but it could be that your stomach is stretching and so the scar is stretching and tender maybe? better off ask a professional though x

hope ye are all doing well, clock is ticking now xx

I've decided that Tuesday will in fact be my last day.

Penny I am so jealous. I'm exhausted. Finding it really hard to get through a work day. In the GP next week so might see if he'll consider signing me off. I've an hour commute too which doesn't help.

Shivers, you're doing great with the GD. I'm on medication and they've just upped it to the highest dose. All because of my morning numbers too. I'm so fed up with having to constantly think about when I eat and what I eat. Can't wait for bubs to come so I can eat what I want when I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Aveen

Hi Shivers, I've had similar pain discomfort with c scar. I would call mid wife but if it's not very red or warm to touch more likely to be stretching.
    I'm 34weeks today and starting to really feel it, have had bad pains at night like someone pushing/ squashing down on my bump, pain was so bad the other night I vomited but settled thank god. Hoping to work up to 38 weeks but can see this may be a dream, especially having a 16month to run after.
    Hope everyone doing well, I'm off shopping to organise my hospital bag

Thanks girls,I rang the midwife and she just said yeah it's pretty normal and that when I'm at my hospital appointment on Wednesday to say it to the doctor.

Hazelnut ,I'm fully with ya on the while GD thing. It takes over your life doesn't it. Have you joined the gestational diabetes UK mums page on Facebook ? It's actually really good and very helpful. I got a really lovely sugar free, low carb brownie recipe on there. I'll send it to you if you like xx

Shivers & Hazelnut it must be tough having to deal with GD. I would hate to have to be watching everything I eat at this stage. Woke up this morning +delighted with the rain. I must be one of the few people not looking forward to this so called heatwave that's coming. I'm getting uncomfortable with bump but still doing well with no swelling or anything but hot weather I'm sure won't help. Still have so much to do in work with 4 weeks to but hopefully will get through it all.

shivers27 wrote: »

Hazelnut ,I'm fully with ya on the while GD thing. It takes over your life doesn't it. Have you joined the gestational diabetes UK mums page on Facebook ? It's actually really good and very helpful. I got a really lovely sugar free, low carb brownie recipe on there. I'll send it to you if you like xx

Hey shivers, I'm not on that one but I'm on the gestational diabetes in Ireland Facebook page. I find it really good too. Just great to have support of people who understand how hard it can be at times. I'd love the brownie recipe. A digestive biscuit is about as exciting as it gets around here.

Penny I am so jealous. I'm exhausted. Finding it really hard to get through a work day. In the GP next week so might see if he'll consider signing me off. I've an hour commute too which doesn't help.

Shivers, you're doing great with the GD. I'm on medication and they've just upped it to the highest dose. All because of my morning numbers too. I'm so fed up with having to constantly think about when I eat and what I eat. Can't wait for bubs to come so I can eat what I want when I want.

I cannot see why your GP or consultant wouldn't sign you off. Work at this stage is just too hard I think and I say that with a 25 minite commute in the comfort of my own car. I don't think I'd have stayed sane with an hour each way.
    My little girl loves The Wheels on the Bus and last weekend we took her to Liffey Valley on the bus. She was in her element and loved it so much it was great fun. The trip took about 20 minutes as the bus had to go all around the houses of course. The stop start of the bus made me feel quite queasy and I was never so grateful that I don't have to do public transport to get to work. The bus was mostly empty on Monday as it was a bank holiday and I had a seat, etc but the thoughts of what it would have been like last November / December when it was cold and I was so nauseated and the bus would have been packed....... Hats off to any of you ladies that have had to contend with that.

Hey shivers, I'm not on that one but I'm on the gestational diabetes in Ireland Facebook page. I find it really good too. Just great to have support of people who understand how hard it can be at times. I'd love the brownie recipe. A digestive biscuit is about as exciting as it gets around here.

I PM'd ya the recipe. Hope you like it xx

• Advertisement

Penny luckily I'm driving my own car too. Wouldn't handle public transport either. Just a long aule drive everyday at this stage. Think I'm going to ask GP to sign me off next week so hopefully he agrees. I'm just exhausted.

Shivers, thanks so much. I'll have to give them a go. Is it sad that I'm excited about eating something chocolate?

Ladies, are any of you feeling the constant urge to pee? I don't know if baby has started moving down or what but definitely feeling more pressure in lower abdomen and as soon as I stand up I feel like I need a wee.

Yeah hazelnut I've been like that for the last two weeks or so. It's baby moving down alright. If I stand up I need to pee, whether I actually have to pee or not! That along with the fanny forks/lightening crotch walking is a joy lately :)

Appledrop sorry to say I'm on team sun/no rain, I'll take a little heat if it means I can let my daughter out the back to run around and play on her slide etc a caged 3 year old is no fun!!

Public transport while pregnant definitely instill another level of hatred for your fellow humans, so so so glad to be done with it.

Glad it's not just me needing to use the loo all the time! Seriously I have gone about 7 times this evening. A lot of movement from the baby tonight so that makes sense if it's the baby moving down. Looking out at that rain tonight I think they might be dreaming with their heatwave anyway. Having dry weather would be nice just don't want the heat.

Haha thank god it's not just me. The worst is when you think you need to pee but barely a trickle comes out.

Hopefully all this peeing is a good sign that baby's head is moving down. I'm hoping things start happening sooner rather than later. I'm 36weeks now. Anytime from 38 is good with me. Let bubs cook another week or two but anytime after that is good with me... I'm ready to meet this little one.

Penny luckily I'm driving my own car too. Wouldn't handle public transport either. Just a long aule drive everyday at this stage. Think I'm going to ask GP to sign me off next week so hopefully he agrees. I'm just exhausted.

Shivers, thanks so much. I'll have to give them a go. Is it sad that I'm excited about eating something chocolate?

Ladies, are any of you feeling the constant urge to pee? I don't know if baby has started moving down or what but definitely feeling more pressure in lower abdomen and as soon as I stand up I feel like I need a wee.
    Haha thank god it's not just me. The worst is when you think you need to pee but barely a trickle comes out.

Hopefully all this peeing is a good sign that baby's head is moving down. I'm hoping things start happening sooner rather than later. I'm 36weeks now. Anytime from 38 is good with me. Let bubs cook another week or two but anytime after that is good with me... I'm ready to meet this little one.

Since my baby turned and is head down the need to pee increased dramatically. Sometimes I make my way to the bathroom and it really hasn't been worth it at all but the pressure I felt before getting there was enough to make it feel like you hadn't peed in a week.
    Also (apologies for TMI) I am having to go so much more frequently for other reasons too! It seems like my body is desperately removing any and all food stores from itself. Between that and the return to throwing up ( lovely throwing up session at 06:00 today) it's pointless my eating anything.
    I've also found that the downward pressure I feel when starting to walk if I've been sitting for any length of time is quite something. I really don't remember this feeling the last time. I did mention it to my doctor and she said on second and subsequent pregnancies a feeling like your baby is going to just come right out of you at this stage is not uncommon. My pelvic floor isn't in bad condition either imagine if it was!!!
    I'm 34+5 today and I'm more than ready to have this baby once Tuesday has been and gone.

Well ladies looks like we are all in it together for the final stretch. I wish I was 36 weeks Hazelnut only 34 so I'd say I've a good bit to go yet. Up twice during the night to use the bathroom just not the same when your sleep is broken up. Penny I can't believe your nauesa is back. Don't think I would be able to handle it if mine came back. I still shudder remembering back to those early days. The baby was moving so much yesterday it was very uncomfortable You could clearly see it's leg digging into my ribs+ poking out. I was gasping with the pain at times + that's only the baby moving what will labour be like!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Aveen

Hey ladies, how's everyone doing? I'm doing good, very tired and sore at times but getting the hang of it, don't remember it been this bad the last time.
    As anyone seen decrease in their appetite? I'm not interested in food at all, completely weird. Hope the sickness doesn't come back?

Any mum here doing VBAC? I'm really don't know what to decide? So scare of needing ems and want keep to book elective (and I have a date it's all over by) but I'm feeling guilty if I don't try to go natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

im 33 weeks tomorrow and im getting slower and slower in my walking, need to pee a lot too but everything else is good. as this is my first im am totally clueless as to how the labour will go, hoping for a natural birth and to breastfeed, the scan showed it looks like a big baby, 9 pounds or so, i wonder can they be accurate, have my bag packed, really enjoyed tat part. finishing work this week thankfully. need to get the house sorted now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I haven't been posting but I've been keeping track of all if you. I'm delighted to hear how you have all been getting on. I'm really jealous of those of you finishing up work. I'm going to be working right up to the very end.

I have all the bits I'm going to need for the hospital bag. I just have to remember the fairy washing powder to give the baby bits a rinse. I've a neutral outfit for the babs for straight after the birth, about seven or eight vests and the same in baby grows, a wee hat and some fluffy socks for mittens (I've found that they stayed on better than the actual mittens). All the rest can be picked up afterwards. None of it is packed yet but I'll get to it soon.

I haven't found out the sex of the baby but hubby has admitted that the sonographer gave him a 'clue' at our 22 week scan. I have to say that I have no interest in finding out the gender....

I have two boys already 5 & 3 and they are quite excited and regularly ask if the baby is "coming out today?" The five year old wants a baby brother and the three year old just wants "a baby". A baby to him is gender neutral. It's very cute.

This baby is very active at night from 10pm onwards it can sometimes lead to a very uncomfortable night. I'm hoping it doesn't mean that this baby is going to be a night-time baby!!! Last night the only position I could get any ease in was on my knees head on the pillow and my ass stuck up in the air at 4am. It wasn't pretty.

There hasn't been any real differences between this pregnancy and the other two apart from the severity of the heartburn. This one has required Zantac courtesy of the Consultant. So I couldn't even guess whether it is a boy or girl.

Anyway hope you all keep well and keep posting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

Aveen wrote:
    Any mum here doing VBAC? I'm really don't know what to decide? So scare of needing ems and want keep to book elective (and I have a date it's all over by) but I'm feeling guilty if I don't try to go natural.

Jumping in from July thread. I'm in very similar boat. Don't want ems again but also don't know what to do. I don't want to not be able to lift my toddler for 6 weeks and have heard horror stories from a friend of the toll of too many c sections in later life. It's so hard.

Advertisement