Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2016 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Zantac has been my saviour too this time rogueish, couldn't cope without it.

I'm the same as a few of ye, can't keep much food in my system, it's gross but nothing is tmi at this stage of pregnancy. Have been getting alot of diarrhoea the last week or so. My husband made me ring the VHI midwife on Friday, she said it's just Mother Nature preparing for labour and completely normal at this stage, they'd be concerned of pre term labour at say 30 weeks but it's normal around now.

I do feel like I did at 38/39 weeks last time, I'm 35 weeks tomorrow. I'm hoping as I went to 42 weeks last time it means I'll get closer to 40 this time, although it's better for me to expect the longest case scenario and anything else is a bonus, mental torture otherwise. I wouldn't like baby this early but 38 weeks on is good with me (are you listening baby??!!)

My pelvis is just terrible again, the mornings are especially bad, takes me so long to get out of bed and it's back to cracking and popping :( the end is in sight though. Have the beginnings of carpal tunnel aswell, horrible pains in my wrists and fingers and my rings are starting to get tight!!

The movements are whopper aswell, I remember this bit vividly! I got a really good video of hands and feet sticking out the other night and sent it to the family whatsapp to gross them out. According to my brother I'm a good form of contraception at the moment :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

That's reassuring to read about other peoples stomach upsets. I had a very weird episode last night where my stomach and back were cramping really bad. I thought maybe Braxton hicks but then I had an ungodly upset stomach where I had to bolt to the bathroom. I was convinced something might be happening.

Hoping this indicates things are gonna happen sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Digs wrote: »
    Zantac has been my saviour too this time rogueish, couldn't cope without it.

I'm the same as a few of ye, can't keep much food in my system, it's gross but nothing is tmi at this stage of pregnancy. Have been getting alot of diarrhoea the last week or so. My husband made me ring the VHI midwife on Friday, she said it's just Mother Nature preparing for labour and completely normal at this stage, they'd be concerned of pre term labour at say 30 weeks but it's normal around now.

I do feel like I did at 38/39 weeks last time, I'm 35 weeks tomorrow. I'm hoping as I went to 42 weeks last time it means I'll get closer to 40 this time, although it's better for me to expect the longest case scenario and anything else is a bonus, mental torture otherwise. I wouldn't like baby this early but 38 weeks on is good with me (are you listening baby??!!)

My pelvis is just terrible again, the mornings are especially bad, takes me so long to get out of bed and it's back to cracking and popping :( the end is in sight though. Have the beginnings of carpal tunnel aswell, horrible pains in my wrists and fingers and my rings are starting to get tight!!

The movements are whopper aswell, I remember this bit vividly! I got a really good video of hands and feet sticking out the other night and sent it to the family whatsapp to gross them out. According to my brother I'm a good form of contraception at the moment :D:D

In so many ways we are having almost the same pregnancy. My pelvis has decided to act up now too. I keep on thanking my lucky stars that it is happening so late in the pregnancy now though as compared to week 8 the last time.

So I made it into work today just to be signed off by Occ Health. It cannot come a moment too soon. My RA pains are quite bad, I'm fed up with feeling nauseated again and the frequent trips to the bathroom for anything and everything make me feel like I should just move in. My normally adorable little girl decided to act like the devil incarnate yesterday (which is entirely normal for a 20 month old I know and its not her fault) but with work being a pain in the ass too its just not worth it.
    Then for good measure and to act as the icing on the cake my husband (a fit healthy 39 year old) got carted off to ED last night with a suspected heart attack.
    It wasn't a heart attack thankfully and was all stress related which given how he has been working over the last 9/12 months and all the other stuff thats gone on in our lives, is no surprise.
    Still though its a major call for a time out I think for both of us.

Officially 35 weeks today and have a trip to the Coombe this afternoon. Really wouldn't mind if that baby decided to be born in the next week to 10 days. However given that he was perfectly happy to stay put even with the drama of last night I think he might wait it out a little longer.

Oh gosh penny so sorry to hear that, that's all you need!! Hope your poor husband is alright, mind yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

God penny hope your hubby is ok x exactly what you don't need, hopefully ye can both take it easy for a while before baby arrives xx

• Advertisement

Yikes that sounds incredibly scary Penny. Glad to hear he's ok. Some downtime is exactly what you both need before the new arrival. Take care x

Thank you. Yeah it was a bit scary all right but that said when I got over the initial shock of the news it wasn't really a surprise.
    His work has been hateful in the extreme for ages now and that added to the other life stuff that's been going on ended up in last nights situation.
    We went to the GP this afternoon who was very lovely and supportive and has certified him off for at least a week and suggested counselling to deal with the situation. Also advised a change of job.

The Coombe appointment went really well. Baby is well down, not that it comes as a surprise! All looking well and he is approx 7lbs already so it's now just a waiting game for him to arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

That sounds so scarey Penny! Glad that all the tests came back ok. Could any family or friends help you out for the next few weeks? Maybe mind your little girl for some of the time so you + your husband have some time before the baby comes? Hopefully now your finished work that will help but you need to make sure your getting some rest aswell.

appledrop wrote: »
    That sounds so scarey Penny! Glad that all the tests came back ok. Could any family or friends help you out for the next few weeks? Maybe mind your little girl for some of the time so you + your husband have some time before the baby comes? Hopefully now your finished work that will help but you need to make sure your getting some rest aswell.

My family were great on Monday night. My Dad came to mind my little girl while I went to the hospital and both of my sisters (both of whom are nurses and worked or still work in the hospital my husband was at) arrived at the ED to help and support me/ us whatever way they could. I think they were also ready to have to take me up the road to the Coombe at a minutes notice.
    I'm still sending my little girl to the minder for her 3 days each week even though I'm off work. I'm too wrecked to not really and she is so happy there too.

Glad to hear things are a bit brighter penny, hope the week off does you and your husband good and he's able to rest.

Had an apt myself yesterday with GP, she said head is well down which accounts for the pressure and frequent evacuation of everything from my system ;) she said if she was a betting woman she'd put money on baby arriving earlier than number one but time will tell on that score.

I also got the whooping cough vaccine and while I didn't feel a pinch going in I feel like my arm has done a few rounds with Conor mc Gregor, it's very sore. Didn't have any issues with the flu vaccine after but anyway, small worries!

• Advertisement

That's great Penny having people to help makes a big difference. Good idea to keep your little girl with the childminder as will give you a chance to get some rest yourself. Digs glad your appointment went well. I'm back with the consultant on Tues so hopefully all will go well. I don't seem to have the same symptoms as some of you ladies so I have a feeling you are ahead of me+ I will be in for the long haul. I don't really mind though as hoping to be able to stay in work for the next three weeks to get everything done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Penny , I hope you're OK. You must have gotten such a fright with your husband :-( I hope he's OK now and taking a good break from work for a while.

I had my growth scan today due to GD. All looking good, baby approx 5lb 12 oz which they said is perfect :-) Oh and she's turned to breech position !! I had a feeling she moved yesterday and I was right. My section is booked for June 14 th !!!!!! :-)

Oh the little monkey shivers! You have a date though, so exciting!! Less than 5 weeks for you, the 14th is my due date :)

Appledrop I was on the April 2013 thread, my baby due the 10th was the last of the babies to arrive on the 23rd, all the other babies seemed to arrive early! She was worth every second of that wait though and was more than ready for the world, apart from the physical torture of it an overdue baby isn't the worst thing in the world imo. I'm just aiming for anything less than 13 days over, even 12 would be a minor personal victory :)

Will you be having a section regardless shivers or is it because she's breech?

My boss approached me today and said he'll have a replacement available from tues if I want to have a word with my doc and get signed off that's OK with him. I'm in the hospital Tues so going to ask to be signed off which means Monday will be my last day. Wohoo! Was meant to be Friday but the few extra days off will be nice.

Think we're pretty much set now. Buggy arrived Monday and is sitting in the baby's room. It's very surreal having it here. Have our Moses basket also so baby has somewhere to sleep. Just have to pick up car seat as it didn't come in on same delivery as buggy and cot is due in this week but don't need it straight away so no biggie. It's all getting very real now :O

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Aveen

Hey ladies,
    Penny, I hope things get easier for you both, great to hear you good support, look after yourself

Shivers, slightly jealous you've actually end date, best wishes

I need to pack bags this weekend, have growth scan next week, this is to help decide on my birth options. Got whooping cough vaccine today, my arm too feels beat up but all good.

Hope everyone doing well :-)

Shivers how nice to have an end date in sight x I have an appointment next Thursday will have a growth scan that day too have been told baby is big 😞 Saturday is my last day at work woohoo xx

Oh what I wouldn't do for an ice-cream or icepop! Damn you gestational diabetes :(

Oh what I wouldn't do for an ice-cream or icepop! Damn you gestational diabetes :(

LOL hazelnut... Me too !!!

I would have been a section anyway breech or no breech due to issues in my last labour in 2014 which ended in an emergency section.

It's so weird having a date tbh !

I need a bucket of ice for my feet they are roasting xx

• Advertisement

shivers27 wrote: »

I would have been a section anyway breech or no breech due to issues in my last labour in 2014 which ended in an emergency section.

It's so weird having a date tbh !

Haha I'd say it is. At the same time I'd say it's nice having an end in sight... I've had myself convinced I'm going to go early over the last few days. I need to snap out of it because it will be torture if I go overdue.

Just started my very last shift in work can't believe this day is here xx

Enjoy betsie! I am absolutely relishing being off, work is a distant memory :)

Wahoo :-) I finished yesterday. The best feeling ever :-)

Enjoy Betsie, ah ladies you are making me jealous I still have 3 weeks left in work! Have to say doing ok though the nice weather not effecting me as much as I thought. Although don't know how I'd survive it without my daily icecream. Hazelnut +Shivers would a child's size ice pop not even be allowed?

Shivers it must be so exicting having a delivery date. I'm due 3 days later + have a feeling I will go over but at least my consultant doesn't like anyone going more than 7 days over so I have an end date in sight. Because I'm working right up to end actually don't think I'll mind the wait too much.

I've just made homemade icepops using sugar free cordial. They're in the freezer as we speak. I'm ridiculously excited.

Oh it's the simple things girls ice pops is all I have any interest in at the moment yum xx

Delighted to be finished work now tone for a new routine x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

WHINGE ALERT: Sorry gals I'm hoping that if I get this off my chest my day will miraculously improve.

A part of my work is pretty physical and I have been managing it ok. I knew it would be coming to an end sooner rather than later. Anyway yesterday was my last shift at that particular task and while I knew that I had irritated my SPD (I only have it mildly) it was manageable and I knew that it would be ok today (paracetamol & a heat pack).

However last night I was cooking sausages for my supper and I dropped the hot lid of the pan and jumped out of the way. Well holy mother of the divine it literally dropped me to my knees. Hubby thought I had gone into labour. He has never seen me do that never mind cry from pain. I was barely able to walk never mind turn over in the bed last night. This morning I'm marginally better and getting around with a crutch.

My parents are coming for lunch. The house is like a tip, my hubby is hungover. I can barely move and need a shower badly but the chances are I'll get stuck in the damn thing. My mother is going to go into worry hyperdrive and while I know she will do anything to help she has a serious back condition that is playing up at the moment.

Why Today?!!

Roguish you poor thing you've my full sympathies, it's the most awful condition and very hard to explain just how bad it is!

I had an episode that sounds like that last week and I was pretty much hysterically crying that night, I just couldn't stop, my poor husband didn't know what to do with himself. The pain coupled with not being able to move a muscle is just unbearable, the mental pain of spd is almost as bad as the physical. I'd be lost without the walk in shower, I don't know what I'd do.

Just a few tips my physio gave me that I find good, one particular exercise is sit down, put your fist in between your knees and squeeze in as hard as you can against your fist with both knees. It's quite sore to do but for whatever reason mobility afterwards is definitely better. I'm not sure where your particular pain is but mine is most concentrated in my pubic bone at the front so an ice pack underneath my knickers really helps, sexy but effective!! (I put ice in a sandwich bag and wrap it in a tea towel)

Lastly, I'm sure you know this but stay off your feet for a while. After an episode like that you just have to, that's the thing I find hardest as I'm an ocd neat freak and hate sitting about not doing things but it's it's the only thing that heals you or you'll end up setting yourself back again. Keep on the crutches too, I'm on them 70% of the time now, the way I look at it is there's no too much longer left and if it means I can move about better so be it!!

I have solpadol for particularly bad episodes which I try avoid but if you're no better tomorrow maybe take a trip to your GP?

Hope today goes ok and you start feeling a bit better soon!!

• Advertisement

Rougeish you poor thing. Sounds awful.

Could you out for lunch today instead? That way you don't have to worry about cooking or cleaning.

Hope you feel better soon.

Advertisement