Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2016 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Aveen wrote: »
    Hey ladies,
    Haven't make a decision re VBAC or ESC. I kinda feel like I'm cheating or just been a scary cat by having ESC. I've done my research and the average success of VBAC after the my emcs reasons is only in 45- 50%. But having ECS Is major surgery and take longer to recovery but so is deep tear if baby difficult to delivery. I one way I like to try because this is my last pregnancy but am I really missing out if I don't have VB.

Advise welcome ladies.

Hi Aveen, my first child was born by EMCS. He was 10lb 2oz and was coming through the birth canal face up. I think that he would have broken me if he had to have been a natural delivery.

My second ended up being an ECS on the advice that no2 was another big baby. He ended up being 7lb 12oz which I think that I could have managed but he ended up having the cord around his neck. So it worked out for the best.

This one is an automatic c-section. Yes I would like the chance for a VBAC but its not an option. My last recovery took about 2 weeks before I was able to get around pain free, drive (the doctor cleared it) etc so if this one is the same it'll be fine.

As one of the other girls said - the important thing is a healthy baby and healthy mama. How you get to that end isn't the most important thing. If anyone has a problem with it they can take a flying jump off the nearest high horse.

Apols I can't multiquote on the phone but to whoever said that as it is their last pregnancy they are cherishing every kick and movement - thank you. It's a reminder that being pregnant and growing another little being (despite my discomfort) is a gift not everyone gets to enjoy/experience and I'm lucky to be able to choose.

Keep healthy everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Prob tmi but is diarrhoea a sign that things could be happening sooner rather than later? Have had it on and off the last week or so but has definitely ramped up the last day or two. Also a bit more discharge. No mucus plug or anything tho.

Sometimes it is a sign that things are imminent and then you can be like that for a few weeks. I started that type of thing in mid April along with a return to nausea, throwing up, have had strong strong Braxton Hicks a few times where I really really thought "here we go!" and I'm sitting here at 36+5 and still very pregnant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

Aveen this is my first so can't really offer advice on labour but I would agree with Penny 100% about the whole childbirth dilemma. I can't understand why there is pressure put on women to give birth in a certain way. There are no medals given out because you have a VB over a section. The whole thing is just nonenese. All that matters is that you + the baby get through it safely. I'm dreading the birth as I have always had a fear of childbirth but at least I am very open to whatever may happen at the birth. I know people who were all going down the natural childbirth route, no pain relief + were screaming for epidual after 5 mins! Pregnancy is tough enough as it is we don't need to make it harder by believing one form of delivery is better than another. I'll be just happy to survive it!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Sometimes it is a sign that things are imminent and then you can be like that for a few weeks. I started that type of thing in mid April along with a return to nausea, throwing up, have had strong strong Braxton Hicks a few times where I really really thought "here we go!" and I'm sitting here at 36+5 and still very pregnant.

I hear ya. I've a feeling I could be like this for another while. Haven't had any Braxton hicks either that I know of so probably not going to happen just yet. I'll see what they say in the hospital Tues. I'll be 38+3 then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Yeah it is your body's way of preparing for both could be like that for 2 weeks or more but it's a good sign xx

I was half convinced something was going to happen last night, strong braxton Hicks's that went on for ages but mounted to nothing x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Aveen

Thanks ladies for the words of wisdom, I am thinking better the devil I know than not. I thinking of booking a date for section and if I go before if fail to progress again within a timeframe go to section, but giving natural a go too, Just need doc to sign up to this.

How's everyone feeling? I'm starting to notice an increase in swelling, especially on my left side but feeling good

Hi, glad to hear you've arrived at a place and decision you're happy with Aveen. I hope your doctor gets on board with it too and things are all sorted out for you.

I'm feeling pretty rough today. My nausea came back with a bang and a half. I kid you not it was so bad that before I knew where I was I threw up ON my little girl when I was in the middle of changing her nappy. The poor little girl was quite shocked but was so sweet for the whole day as I was feeling rotten. Convinced the only thing that can make anyone sick is teeth she kept bringing me a bottle of calpol and a syringe saying "oh no oh no teeth teeth".
    I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow. I'm hoping and wishing that for some perfect coming together of perfect events she finds that I'm in labour and keeps me in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

That sounds awful Penny I wouldn't be able to cope if my nauesa came back! I hope you don't have much longer to wait. I had a bit of a meltdown myself this evening. All getting a bit much for me as still in work, tired + really freaked tonight over the thoughts of not been able to cope with the labour. Feeling better after a good cry. I wouldn't mind but had a lovely weekend + was praising myself for doing so well. Ha ha bloody hormones put a stop to that tonight.

appledrop wrote: »
    That sounds awful Penny I wouldn't be able to cope if my nauesa came back! I hope you don't have much longer to wait. I had a bit of a meltdown myself this evening. All getting a bit much for me as still in work, tired + really freaked tonight over the thoughts of not been able to cope with the labour. Feeling better after a good cry. I wouldn't mind but had a lovely weekend + was praising myself for doing so well. Ha ha bloody hormones put a stop to that tonight.

Yeah it was a rough day all right. Not he,led by the fact that I am. Ow awake due to bump discomfort, stupid RA pain in my wrists and ankles, heartburn for good measure too! Grrrr I need this baby to be born soon!
    I really feel for you still having to go to work Appledrop. I've been so glad and happy that I've been signed off since the 10th. To be honest even if I wasn't signed off I'd be calling in sick every second day now anyway.
    Dying for some "let's take the baby today" type news at my appointment today. I'm officially 37 weeks now and have never been so pregnant in my life!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Had my 37 weeks apt this morning. Baby looks well, good hb, plenty of fluid and head well down. I'm relieved she's comfy as I was getting a bit worried about a slow down in movement over the last couple of days but typical it was back with a bang last night and was so ferocious I was sure they were going to tell me she had flipped head up today! Consultant and midwives were so nice though and assured me if I ever feel a bit uneasy like that again to come straight in.

I'm ok otherwise aside from the normal complaints of late pregnancy! I feel like this baby is plenty comfy and in for the long haul. When I think of it at 37 weeks last time I still had five weeks to go so I think I've done a good job of mentally preparing myself this time although my gut is I won't go quite that far this time, time will tell!!

Hope everyone else is doing good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Aveen

Hey penny, sorry your not feeling so good, fingers cross you'll feel better soon.
    I'm 37 weeks in Friday and I've a feeling doc will sign me off work, tbh kinda hoping too. Not sleeping great due to position and heartburn, but can't complain otherwise. I lost part of my miscus plug last week and been having period cramp on/off since, think my body getting itself ready 😊.

Wishing a good day for us all

Had 38week appointment today. Booked in for induction on Sat. Yikes :-o

Oh wow hazelnut! Exciting! May baby for you :)

Ah hazel that's so exciting how are you about it x

Glad all appointments are going well and babies are all happy x I have GP. Tomorrow morning back in the hospital next week x

Mixed emotions about it. It's great to have an end date in sight and I know it's best for bubs but a little bit apprehensive too as I know it's not going to be the most pleasant. With a bit of luck I might go myself over the next few days. Lots of walking on the agenda.

Lots of walking, baths, hot curry's and sex, although none of the above have ever worked for me haha x I was induced on my 1st it wasn't so bad x

Hazelnut you'll be grand. I was so apprehensive about labour and all that goes with it when I was pregnant with my daughter that even reading that part of the baby book made me cry!
    When the time came I found I just went with it. Yes it's hard and called labour for a reason but you have a team of people around you all working for the best for you and your baby. The process has a reason and I found thinking of it that way helpful and it also meant we were going to get to meet our little girl at long last! Also it has an end to it and take whatever pain relief you feel like asking/ demanding when the time comes.
    You'll be so proud of yourself for doing such a great job afterwards too.

Thanks ladies. As I keep telling myself, people have more than one baby so it's obviously not that bad if they keep going back for more. I'm keeping an open mind when it comes to pain relief. I know induction is meant to be a lot more intense so definitely not ruling anything out.

Have any you any experience using clary sage oil to help bring on labour? My sister dropped some in earlier so might try a few drops in a bath tonight.

Sage oil? Never heard of that for labour, what do you do with it? Does it work and where can I get it 😀😀

Thanks ladies. As I keep telling myself, people have more than one baby so it's obviously not that bad if they keep going back for more. I'm keeping an open mind when it comes to pain relief. I know induction is meant to be a lot more intense so definitely not ruling anything out.

Have any you any experience using clary sage oil to help bring on labour? My sister dropped some in earlier so might try a few drops in a bath tonight.
    Sage oil? Never heard of that for labour, what do you do with it? Does it work and where can I get it 😀😀

I never heard of it either. At this stage though I'd throw more than a few drops into the bath if I thought it would help.

My appointment today was grand. Baby still thriving and doing well. Doctor did say that I can put a time limit on thingsnow that I'm 37 weeks and the baby is measuring in so well in all ways. I'm back with her next week and she said she will (she has such a genteel way of putting things it really amuses me) " perform a gentle internal examination" (code for a sweep really) and see if that gets things started naturally. Either way she will give me a date for induction the following week just to be sure. So come hell or high water I have at most 2 weeks left.

• Advertisement

My pregnancy yoga instructor recommended it. But warned me it can be potent so not to use until 38weeks. It's meant to help bring on contractions. My sister used it a few weeks ago when she was due but shes not convinced it did much. I thought it couldn't hurt. Put a few drops in the bath tonight so we'll see how things go.

Ah the joys of a house with no bath, is give anything for a bath, I have contemplated checking into a local hotel just got a bath 😀😀😀

Ahh betsie and I've a bath I can't use! Pain in the butt. My legs won't spread far enough to get in because of the spd. My sister got me a delish lush bath bomb the other day and its taunting me :(

Hazelnut I haven't heard of that oil either, must look it up! Must be the only thing I didn't try last time :D definitely can't hurt if you're headed for induction. These things only tend to work if your body is ready for action anyway which is why maybe it didn't work for your sister but fingers crossed for you your body cooperates!

Glad alls well appointment wise for everyone :)

No movement last night. Tried pretty much everything lol. Was on the yoga ball, went for a walk, had a bath with the clary sage oil, baby danced and hand expressed some colostrum. Bubs stayed put. Had a small bit of brown discharge so hoping it's a sign of cervix softening etc..

I'll try again this evening. One thing I will say about the oil... I felt a little bit spaced out. It definitely relaxes you. Easily could have fallen asleep in the bath. I think some people use it during labour too. Definitely chills you out which is no harm.

God if it chills you out and helps relax be worth it for that alone x

Everytime I stand up from sitting I almost feel like my waters are going to go, I feel like baby has dropped too, I had to cancel my dr appointment today fecking car wouldn't start x have appointment Friday morning instead x followed by a reflexology session x

Hope everyone is well xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Hey girls,

Oooooooh we're so close now. It's so exciting !! Although I've been having such a tough few days with my 22 month old I'm wondering how I'm gonna manage two !!?? :-( He's usually so good but has been so whingey and having meltdowns over the slightest things lately ! Also waking at 0545 :-( I was so tearful today but I'm ok now. Very hormonal !

I was at the GP but she couldn't tell if baby had turned from breech or not. I'm in Rotunda next wed so we'll see then.

I'm good except for the extreme tiredness with toilet all night long then LO waking so friggin early.

Hope you're all good xx

God if it chills you out and helps relax be worth it for that alone x

Everytime I stand up from sitting I almost feel like my waters are going to go, I feel like baby has dropped too, I had to cancel my dr appointment today fecking car wouldn't start x have appointment Friday morning instead x followed by a reflexology session x

Hope everyone is well xx

I've been feeling like that with my waters too. I went into town today to meet my husband for lunch and going from the car (parked in the RCSI car park) just to the Green I felt like a dam was going to burst with every single step.
    Sitting down for lunch in a bench was grand but on the way back to the car again I got really paranoid about anyone being near my bump (I had the exact same "away from my bump" mania the day before I went into labour last time too) and thought I'd never get home. The downward pressure I'm feeling this evening is quite something too. Who knows where the next 24 hours will take me!
    Granted I'll probably still be sitting here pregnant and uncomfortable this time tomorrow night too ;-)
    shivers27 wrote: »
    Hey girls,

Oooooooh we're so close now. It's so exciting !! Although I've been having such a tough few days with my 22 month old I'm wondering how I'm gonna manage two !!?? :-( He's usually so good but has been so whingey and having meltdowns over the slightest things lately ! Also waking at 0545 :-( I was so tearful today but I'm ok now. Very hormonal !

I was at the GP but she couldn't tell if baby had turned from breech or not. I'm in Rotunda next wed so we'll see then.

I'm good except for the extreme tiredness with toilet all night long then LO waking so friggin early.

Hope you're all good xx

My little one (20 months old) is usually really good and easy going too but over the last little while has gotten quite clingy with me and I'm finding her much harder work. Granted that is partly down to the fact that my capacity for messing is greatly reduced, I'm very tired, etc but I also wonder does she somehow sense that things are different. Like you I'm wondering how the transition from one to two is going to go!

Oh everything I stand up in due this is it waters are going to go and baby will be here 😀 wishful thinking xx

My 22 month old is driving me insane the last while all she is doing is winging for what feels like all day every day x my eldest girl who is almost 4 would happily play away all day long and you wouldn't know she was there, I suppose she knows what's coming where my small one hasn't as clue but she knows something is up, she is even coming into our bed every night which is something she never really done, last night she didn't want a blanket on hubby was passed out didn't even hear her coming in so I was without a blanket too for ages so as punishment I'm still in bed and he is up with the girls, I'll get up in time for home to go to work, or will I haha,

Ah there's something in the air! I was just moaning on the newborns thread the other day about my lady waking early! In fairness to her at 3 I think she does understand a bit more what's happening (I think) and she is very excited about her baby sister but it will still be a big adjustment for her. My sister took her last night and we went for a nice dinner and I have JUST woken up.... 8:30am pure bliss :) it sure beats 6am!!

Going to get my highlights done today so am prepared for baby!

I have that insane pressure too when I stand up, funnily even when I'm lying in bed though too. Last night I was wincing thinking yep, they're gonna blow!

• Advertisement

Oh what a lovely treat digs what dues it feel like to sleep in till 8.30 😠enjoy getting your hair done I got my colour done last week felt great after it x

It's nearly June ladies ðŸ˜

Advertisement