Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2016 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Pure heaven betsy! Feel like a new woman, my husband almost skipped off to work :D

The roots couldn't wait until any longer, I tried to keep it as close to d day as possible but they're awful, so glad to get it done!

Cannot believe it's June next week, I am getting so excited about meeting this little squish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

I bet it was heaven, we are having a lazy day here, don't really feel like going anywhere girls are still in their PJs, think a day of Disney films is in order x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Digs wrote: »
    Pure heaven betsy! Feel like a new woman, my husband almost skipped off to work :D

The roots couldn't wait until any longer, I tried to keep it as close to d day as possible but they're awful, so glad to get it done!

Cannot believe it's June next week, I am getting so excited about meeting this little squish!

You'll feel like you have the nicest hair in the whole world once it's all done and dusted. I love when I get a full head of highlights done. Granted I was so (stupidly) convinced that I'd go early I had mine done at the start of May. Pedicure and eyebrows too. Now they need to be done again!
    I bet it was heaven, we are having a lazy day here, don't really feel like going anywhere girls are still in their PJs, think a day of Disney films is in order x
    Enjoy it. A day of doing nothing is sometimes the loveliest of ways to spend a day. After dropping my little girl with the minder this morning I sat down and watched re runs of Frasier. I laughed until I cried and they were (by pure luck) some of the funniest episodes in the entire show. I decided the ironing and all other jobs can just wait for a while longer.

I love watching Frasier they can be so funny, zero jobs going to be done here today unless I get a mad burst of energy haha x

Ah I love Frasier too! Might download a few episodes :)

The pedicure isn't a half bad idea penny. I woke up today and my poor toes and fingers are like sausages. I'm in the Birkenstocks, feck the rain. I feel like even my lips have blown up. Roasting today for some reason!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

Ladies I can't believe I'm posting this thread. Our little baby boy arrived this morning 3 weeks early! Can't believe it. It was so quick. Waters broke about 6 had no pain still had to finish packing the bag . By the time we got to hospitial I was 2cm dilated + only 2 hours later I was 10! Even hospitial couldn't believe it first birth. Barely had time for epidual to even kick in. They all said the baby was bombing it along! Had my consultant with me for whole time she was amazing. Still can't believe it. Never thought I would go early I was still in work yesterday not a bother on me!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Aveen

Huge congrats Appledrop, delighted all went well.

I'm feeling like baby trying to burst it way out and so heavy, hoping gp will sign me out for my last week, I did say to work I don't think I'll be back.

Delighted to hear all ladies seen to have had nice day :)

Ah congrats appledrop, lovely news!!! Can't believe the June babies are off! Enjoy the newborn bubble, you'll be on cloud nine now :)

Aveen fair play to you for keeping up work, I'm practically carrying my bump at this stage, feels like she's going to just drop out of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Omg congrats appledrop. Sounds like a lovely quick labour. Hope you and the little man are doing well. First June baby is here. Can't believe it. Congrats again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Ah wow Appledrop, massive congratulations :-) So happy your little man arrived safe and sound. Sounds like such a quick labour , brilliant !

• Advertisement

Wow! Huge congratulations Appledrop. It's such happy news and you're first past the post with the June babies. Enjoy every minute of your beautiful little boy.
    I wonder I wonder who will be next. While I've been dying to actually get things over and done with I'd prefer if my little one stayed put for tonight. I'm wrecked and need a massive good nights sleep. Then he can come tomorrow.

Wow appledrop massive congratulations sounds just perfect x hope ye are all doing well x can't believe you were on work yesterday fair play to you xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35 bonnie_

Congratulations Appledrop that's fantastic :) Hope you and baby are both doing good.
    Great to hear how everyone is getting on. I'm 36+4 now, I've still 1 week left in work and have been feeling pretty good up now. Definitely feeling it this evening after a busy week. Feet and ankles are so swollen, the left one in particular for some reason. Have been wearing my birkenstocks for the last couple of weeks, socks or shoes are not an option anymore! Feeling achey and a lot of pressure today. Hopefully some rest over the weekend will set me up with enough energy to get through the last week in work! Got some braxton hicks this week for the first time too.
    I got a pedicure recently it was just lovely, they did a great leg massage too which was much appreciated!! Will try and pop in again once I finish up in work as a treat. I got a bikini wax a couple of months ago and it was so much more painful than usual! The therapist was putting it down to the skin being extra sensitive with the pregnancy and not being able to stretch it as much but I dunno, I don't plan on going back before the birth. Weirdly hair growth has been much slower than usual anyway so that's handy...
    The GP was saying last week that I need to start on Galfer now but I was really trying to avoid it as I hear it will cause constipation which I could do without as I've IBS and it's an issue for me anyway. Was with the midwife this week and she recommended Hema-Plex instead so I'm going to try that, it's a more natural iron supplement from the health food shop and doesn't have the same side affects apparently.
    I picked up a nice massage oil with Clary-sage at the weekend too. Hoping to use it in the next few weeks and during labour. It was recommended when I was doing the gentle birth workshop but as someone already said, not until after 38 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

congrats appledrop, im 35 weeks and 4 today, time is flying, im due the 27th of june so it cud it a july baby and this is my first, i have a lot of pelvic pain especially after getting out of bed and turning in bed. probably shud go to the physio for advice.
    finished work now so trying to get the house in order which is tiring, every day round 3 i just plank on d bed for a nap, :) love it.
    actually looking forward to the birth now, was always worried and dreading it, just gonna go with gas and air, i think the body knows best with these things.
    really hope breastfeeding is a success, i really believe in its benefits.

Hazlenut good luck with your induction today. I'm dying to hear your news!
    Am in the horrors myself with chronic heart burn that nothing is helping, RA pains are driving me demented at night, f***ing Braxton hicks are doing my head in, my little girl has decided to be more demanding now than she has ever been in her whole life and just aaarrrrrgggghhhh!!!

When I'm back in the Coombe on Tuesday and have my sweep I think I'm going to have to push the consultant for an induction date sooner than even the following week. I got a grand total of 90 minutes sleep last night (and that wasn't even consecutive) and do not think I can deal with that for much longer.

Best of luck today hazelnut can't wait to hear your news v hope all goes ok for you x

Penny I hear from the lack of sleep in awake with braxton Hick all night, and listening to everyone else in the house snoring ☺hope you get a sonnet induction date, is be delighted if I was offered a sweep Thursday when I'm at the hospital but I don't think I will xx

Best of luck today hazelnut can't wait to hear your news v hope all goes ok for you x

Penny I hear from the lack of sleep in awake with braxton Hick all night, and listening to everyone else in the house snoring ☺hope you get a sonnet induction date, is be delighted if I was offered a sweep Thursday when I'm at the hospital but I don't think I will xx

I was driven so demented that I felt like having a toddler style tantrum. I can see why they do it- the thoughts of just lying down (if I was able to) and kicking my legs and waving my arms about while screaming in frustration is terribly appealing :-)
    At my hospital visit last Tuesday the doctor said she'd do a sweep the following week if nothing had happened and also give me a date for induction the following week. At the time I was ok with that, thinking ok it's only 2 more weeks at most but given how things have been since Tuesday I don't think I can wait that long.
    The baby is 3.4kg and growing so he is a grand size, looks grand on all scans etc and so the doctor has no issue with an earlier delivery. The joint pain fom my RA is getting too much for me too and when you consider the fact that I'm meant to remain off my meds for 6 weeks post delivery I really need to be able to start the count down to getting back on those too.

Sorry to hear that you're in the horrors too Betsie. These last few weeks are tough tough tough aren't they? :-(

Oh this is definitely late pregnancy in all its glory girls! It's rotten. Feel awful today too, it's par for the course from now though, I'm so swollen and puffy, headache, sore, the works. On the plus side my girl slept until 7am this morning, woohoo!! She off pottering with her Dad now so I have peace :)

I wouldn't have a hope of being induced early unless something happens medically but I suppose that's the public system, holles street don't even do sweeps, well they didn't last time anyway. Am happy enough for her to come on her own steam though, crossing my fingers it's goes as well as last time!

Hopefully you'll get sorted this week penny! Must be awful being off those meds, normal pregnany pain is bad enough as it is, can't imagine the RA pain too.

Hazelnut the very best of luck, hope all goes great and looking forward to the good news :)

Oh this is definitely late pregnancy in all its glory girls! It's rotten. Feel awful today too, it's par for the course from now though, I'm so swollen and puffy, headache, sore, the works. On the plus side my girl slept until 7am this morning, woohoo!! She off pottering with her Dad now so I have peace :)

I wouldn't have a hope of being induced early unless something happens medically but I suppose that's the public system, holles street don't even do sweeps, well they didn't last time anyway. Am happy enough for her to come on her own steam though, crossing my fingers it's goes as well as last time!

Hopefully you'll get sorted this week penny! Must be awful being off those meds, normal pregnany pain is bad enough as it is, can't imagine the RA pain too.

Hazelnut the very best of luck, hope all goes great and looking forward to the good news :)

I have to admit I've been very impressed with how thorough my consultant has been and how both she and my consultant rheumatologist have communicated with each other throughout my pregnancy. I'm not 100% sure it's because I'm a private patient (although it does help, they have more time per patient, greater resources, etc) as much as it is the fact that a patient with RA or any other auto immune disease usually has a more difficult pregnancy than the average. They're all astounded at how well this pregnancy has progressed and I feel like that (the fact that I'm now officially full term at more than 37 weeks, baby is in the 95th percentile for everything, placenta is a great one apparently, the pain from the RA is only kicking in now in any significant way despite being off my meds since week 28) the pregnancy is of particular interest to them as a result. The rheumatologist himself has admitted that he has done a lot more research into pregnancy and RA and the anti tnf meds used since I came along.
    I'd say from a medical interest point of view whether I was public or private I might be getting a little more attention regardless.
    That said I did pick my obstetrician for a large part because she has a particular interest in more complicated pregnancies and also the 4th stage (I.e. Post delivery). Her reason for doing the sweep and induction at this stage is trying to balance out the needs of the baby (and he seems to have gotten more than enough from me at this stage from a medical safety point of view) before delivery and how I will be able to manage labour itself from an energy point of view and the post delivery stage too while waiting to get back on the anti tnf treatment.
    At least I know they kick in within 2 weeks of starting treatment. For some people it can take up to 12 weeks so 2 isn't so bad.

Hazlenut! We need baby news!!

Oh god penny I hope you didn't think I was questioning your consultant in anyway, I wasn't! I absolutely took for granted your pregnancy would be handled differently with the RA! It's sounds pretty impressive you've made it this far so hopefully all going well you'll have your baba sooner rather than later!

I can't believe it myself, maybe it's going from one to two but I look at my daughter and just find it astounding we get another one?!! I'm getting really excited, it helps push the misery and discomfort to the back of my head :)

I saw ye ladies discussing piles on the moan thread. I found my first one in the shower yesterday and I'm disgusted ever since :( it's starting to irritate me a bit now. I'm with the GP on Tuesday but any miracle cures between now and then?? Gross I know, sorry, but nothin is tmi anymore.

• Advertisement

Oh god penny I hope you didn't think I was questioning your consultant in anyway, I wasn't! I absolutely took for granted your pregnancy would be handled differently with the RA! It's sounds pretty impressive you've made it this far so hopefully all going well you'll have your baba sooner rather than later!

I can't believe it myself, maybe it's going from one to two but I look at my daughter and just find it astounding we get another one?!! I'm getting really excited, it helps push the misery and discomfort to the back of my head :)

I saw ye ladies discussing piles on the moan thread. I found my first one in the shower yesterday and I'm disgusted ever since :( it's starting to irritate me a bit now. I'm with the GP on Tuesday but any miracle cures between now and then?? Gross I know, sorry, but nothin is tmi anymore.

I didn't think that for a single second Digs :-) see what. A lack of sleep does to a woman's brain?! I jabber on endlessly and make you feel bad.
    Even though my little one was up early and quite cranky (please note I am now typing this with her back in her bed having a nap) I still looked at her pottering around the place this morning and thought " aww she is just so lovely" and I'm wondering what a boy version is going to be like.
    Granted that's in between wondering how I'm going to get their nap times in synch when they're both here!

I got one single pile post delivery last time and like you I was shocked and horrified. It's funny given all that we go through to actually have a baby that a pile can be so upsetting isn't it? Maybe it's a final straw thing.
    I was given an ointment to use morning and evening and it got rid of it pretty quick. I've had no issues so far this time but accept ( unwillingly) that it could be another little treat this time around too.

Oh jabber away!! These threads are a godsend in the last few weeks :) we were just saying the other day I wonder what a boy version of our kids would look like and wondering how like her sister will this one be, it's very exciting :)

Thanks, I'm a bit horrified alright! As if late pregnancy isn't glamorous enough! Bit mean of my body to fall at the last hurdle in my opinion. My husband had gone to get his and my daughters hair cut and came back with some cream from the chemist, with no prompting from me - I really love that man! So hoping its helps me out a bit, will say it to the GP on Tuesday and cross my fingers she doesn't want to take a look :O

Oh jabber away!! These threads are a godsend in the last few weeks :) we were just saying the other day I wonder what a boy version of our kids would look like and wondering how like her sister will this one be, it's very exciting :)

Thanks, I'm a bit horrified alright! As if late pregnancy isn't glamorous enough! Bit mean of my body to fall at the last hurdle in my opinion. My husband had gone to get his and my daughters hair cut and came back with some cream from the chemist, with no prompting from me - I really love that man! So hoping its helps me out a bit, will say it to the GP on Tuesday and cross my fingers she doesn't want to take a look :O

I remember being appalled that the nurse in the hospital had a look at mine. I was mortified. It's so silly really given that a few hours before hand I'd had all my bits out in all their glory while giving birth and that was to a senior midwife, student midwife, the paediatrician that was in to look over my daughter after birth and then the NCHDS who had to remove the placenta with a forceps and who the hell knows else had a look to check up on things afterwards when I was out of my tree on pain meds.
    But this once single little pile needing to be examined by one nurse in the privacy of my own cubicle half killed me. You'd swear it was the first one they'd ever seen by my reaction. I totally get where you're coming from on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Sorry to hear you're all feeling miserable. We're on the home stretch and it'll be worth it soon hopefully.

I'm in for the long haul by the sounds of it. They've put a pessary in and that can be left in for up to 29hrs. That's just to soften the cervix. They'll reassess tmrw and hopefully break waters and hook me up to pitocin drip so won't be any baby today by the sounds of it.

As for the piles. I was devastated too. I haven't suffered with constipation at all. If anything I've had more diarrhoea than anything so I've been kicking myself for not doing my pelvic floor exercises. I've found the preparation H wipes are good for soothing the area. They don't irritate it as much as dry toilet paper.

Sorry to hear you're all feeling miserable. We're on the home stretch and it'll be worth it soon hopefully.

I'm in for the long haul by the sounds of it. They've put a pessary in and that can be left in for up to 29hrs. That's just to soften the cervix. They'll reassess tmrw and hopefully break waters and hook me up to pitocin drip so won't be any baby today by the sounds of it.

As for the piles. I was devastated too. I haven't suffered with constipation at all. If anything I've had more diarrhoea than anything so I've been kicking myself for not doing my pelvic floor exercises. I've found the preparation H wipes are good for soothing the area. They don't irritate it as much as dry toilet paper.

Ah here!! Does your team of doctors and nurses not know that you having your baby today and so delivery not only a lovely baby but a brilliant piece of news to us fed up pregnant ladies is all too important!!
    I'm not in a mood to be messed with today Hazlenut so if you want me to make a call on your behalf to move things along.......

Lol penny that made me chuckle!

Hazelnut hope things move quickly for you, I am super jealous you meeting your baba is imminent though. Update us when you can :)

Thanks for all the advice on the piles issue! I have water wipes in the bathroom alright. The effects of the cream hubby got me are so far promising so fingers crossed I've found a "cure"! :D

Off for my third ice pop of the day. It's no bottle of corona but it'll do for now.

Lol penny that made me chuckle!

Hazelnut hope things move quickly for you, I am super jealous you meeting your baba is imminent though. Update us when you can :)

Thanks for all the advice on the piles issue! I have water wipes in the bathroom alright. The effects of the cream hubby got me are so far promising so fingers crossed I've found a "cure"! :D

Off for my third ice pop of the day. It's no bottle of corona but it'll do for now.

The things that make us happy!
    I called my sister (she is a nurse and has had 3 kids of her own) re: the heart burn. She thinks (and it makes sense really) that I have full blown gastritis at this stage with possibly a small hernia from all of the throwing up I've been doing. She did advise Nexium but said I won't get it from a pharmacy without a script given that I'm pregnant. I did try with my local pharmacy and unfortunately she was right. Then I remembered that I had an unopened box of Lansoprazole from when I was on steroids and anti inflammatories for my RA as they were killing my stomach too.
    The patient information leaflet doesn't state they aren't compatible with pregnancy as no human studies have been carried out and may be prescribed if the benefits outweigh the risks. The NHSand FDA guidelines are the same and Tuesday afternoon for my Coombe appointment is too far away for me and I decided that 3 doses between now and then won't do any harm and so I took one.
    No effect yet but granted it was only 2 minutes ago :-)

That sounds so nasty penny! Hope they've kicked in? There is nothing worse than heartburn full blown, it is the devils work. I got prescribed losec early on this time, I was completely crippled with it on my daughter which I naively suffered with in silence and couldn't face that again. Luckily the losec has been keeping it under control, it's creeping back now at night but nowhere near as bad as it could be or like yours is!

That sounds so nasty penny! Hope they've kicked in? There is nothing worse than heartburn full blown, it is the devils work. I got prescribed losec early on this time, I was completely crippled with it on my daughter which I naively suffered with in silence and couldn't face that again. Luckily the losec has been keeping it under control, it's creeping back now at night but nowhere near as bad as it could be or like yours is!

Thankfully it seems to have helped and I might actually chance eating something this evening as a result. The upside of all of this is that the baby has thrived and as with my pregnancy with my little girl I've gained only 10kg so there are no baby weight issues to be dealing with afterward.
    I did throw in a little Gaviscon too for good measure.....ya know cause it can't do any harm .
    When I was talking to my sister I did ask her if it would cause a problem to take a Neurofen at night at this stage - the Solpadine while being a good painkiller are not designed for the inflammation pain of RA- and she said no. So if my gastritis is under control then I might chance one this evening. My joints (hands, wrists, ankles and the knuckle part of my toes) are really sore already and they get worse at night and have been contributing to waking me the last few nights too.
    The very idea of having a full nights sleep, even 6 hours, is getting me all hot and bothered! :-)

• Advertisement

Oh penny sounds awful did the medication work any bit for you x

What a day out today, was a day where a few bottles would of went down well instead I settled for a yummy bbq and chilled water off the excitement haha x had my last reflexology appointment today before babe xx I thought I was going to pass out with the heat in there had to get her to open windows half way through the session x

Bump had massively dropped on the last 2 days hopefully not too much longer to wait ☺

Advertisement