Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2016 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Oh penny sounds awful did the medication work any bit for you x

What a day out today, was a day where a few bottles would of went down well instead I settled for a yummy bbq and chilled water off the excitement haha x had my last reflexology appointment today before babe xx I thought I was going to pass out with the heat in there had to get her to open windows half way through the session x

Bump had massively dropped on the last 2 days hopefully not too much longer to wait ☺

Yes the medication did work a bit thankfully. My stomach is now under control and I actually managed to eat some food this evening and not live to regret it. Granted it was cold roast breast of chicken and then some pasta with a putenesca sauce so nothing too wild or exciting but it was good, it tasted nice and it's not killing me. The Neurofen helped the pain in my feet a lot too and only my left index knuckle on my hand is sore now.
    I'm all set up for a full fabulous nights sleep. Have defected to the spare room to ensure no possible risk of disturbance from my husband in the event that he has a bads nights sleep. He is also (not that he needs it as he'd do anything for me at this stage) under starters orders to get up to our daughter in the morning or earlier should she need attention.
    I am determined to have the best nights sleep in forever. Hope everyone else has too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭LNH666

Best of luck. My husband is out watching football. My dad is also staying with us and he was out watching rugby.

I've bets on about which one will weaken me first coming home!! :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Well penny hire was your sleep x

Awful night here the heat liked me, my youngest landed into me at 12.47 took about an hour to go back asleep she woke again at 5.50 ran around like a lunatic that I was trying to keep quite coz eldest was still asleep she went back asleep just before 7 eldest wrote at 7.10 complaining of a sore throat and ear, that all I need now, hubby and youngest are still asleep upstairs and I'm watching curious George with eldest

Well penny hire was your sleep x

Awful night here the heat liked me, my youngest landed into me at 12.47 took about an hour to go back asleep she woke again at 5.50 ran around like a lunatic that I was trying to keep quite coz eldest was still asleep she went back asleep just before 7 eldest wrote at 7.10 complaining of a sore throat and ear, that all I need now, hubby and youngest are still asleep upstairs and I'm watching curious George with eldest

I had a nice sleep thank you. Not quite the stuff of my dreams (no pun intended) as I had natural pee breaks to attend to but way better than any of the previous week or ten days.

I did go to bed with a headache last night though and awoke with it this morning. My ankles are suddenly quite swollen (for me as they been grand all the way through mostly) and that coupled with the chronic heartburn / gastritis can be a sign of pre eclampsia. I also put on 2kg in the last week despite eating nothing and throwing up so much.
    My BP has been fine too (hatefully so) and I think maybe I need to get it checked out today. I've just taken some paracetamol for my headache and if it's still there in an hour I think I'll call the Coombe to see what they suggest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

Well ladies just a quick update we are home! Thought we would have to stay in for the 3 nights but as he was born early on Thus morning + both doing well they let us home yesterday lunchtime. Think I'm still in shock. We hadn't even collected our buggy + car seat so that was a trip to the shops for my husband yesterday morning. The breastfeeding didn't work but don't mind too much at least he is feeding ok although I didn't realise how long each feed takes!

Boobs are massive + sore today. Only needed a few stiches so hoping I heal well. More uncomfortable than really sore although stairs take a lot of effort. How long does it usually take for them to heal + is a bath a good idea now or should I wait another few days? Shower not too painfully so maybe I should stick with that.

Ladies I really feel for you all still waiting especially with this weather! Hopefully it won't be for too much longer. At least after the baby although in pain you have your little buddle with you. Hazelnut I really hope it doesn't take too much longer + your not too uncomfortable. The hospitials are like saunas in this weather. I need a few more buddies to join me with their new babies!

• Advertisement

Might be no harm to ring them just to see what they say penny

appledrop wrote: »
    Well ladies just a quick update we are home! Thought we would have to stay in for the 3 nights but as he was born early on Thus morning + both doing well they let us home yesterday lunchtime. Think I'm still in shock. We hadn't even collected our buggy + car seat so that was a trip to the shops for my husband yesterday morning. The breastfeeding didn't work but don't mind too much at least he is feeding ok although I didn't realise how long each feed takes!

Boobs are massive + sore today. Only needed a few stiches so hoping I heal well. More uncomfortable than really sore although stairs take a lot of effort. How long does it usually take for them to heal + is a bath a good idea now or should I wait another few days? Shower not too painfully so maybe I should stick with that.

Ladies I really feel for you all still waiting especially with this weather! Hopefully it won't be for too much longer. At least after the baby although in pain you have your little buddle with you. Hazelnut I really hope it doesn't take too much longer + your not too uncomfortable. The hospitials are like saunas in this weather. I need a few more buddies to join me with their new babies!

Yazers! Congratulations and welcome home. I remember thinking I had the nicest house in the world when I got home. It was quiet and cool (and I had my little girl in September so I can only imagine what it's like in there right now!).
    I didn't need stitches somehow but did take arnica and it helped with the internal bruising you sustain through delivery. I found it a great help.
    A bath with a few drops of tea tree wouldn't hurt either and helps with the healing. My sisters both had stitches after their deliveries and found it helped a lot. One also used a gentle spray bottle of water with some tea tree in it for after she went to the bathroom and it not only cooled the area down it prevented infection. Another (who had her baby in the 2007 heatwave) put her maternity pads in the freezer and so they were really cool when first put on and helped with any swelling too.

As for feeding. Breast feeding or at least exclusively breast feeding didn't work for me with my daughter either. At first my head was wrecke between being in hospital for a week, she being officially premature (by about 52 minutes) her weight dropping too far for the hospital staff, no sleep, first baby, etc etc THEN I realised that once she was fed and ok it didn't matter a damn. That moment of clarity was when it all came together for me. I continued to feed myself or pump and supplemented those feeds with Aptimel, the baby put on weight, I relaxed, my milk supply dwindled slowly so I had no real issues with painful breasts and we were all much happier.
    It also allowed me to enjoy the first few weeks of her life a lot more than if I had been consumed with worry and concern about my breast milk. It also allowed my husband to help out with the feeding schedule too and so alleviated a lot of the demands on me.
    You do what you find is the right thing for you and your wonderful little baby Appledrop. Everyone will give you advice and suggestions but the only one I heard that really helped was this: already, first baby or not, you know that little boy better than anyone else in the whole world. You're his mother, trust yourself and enjoy him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Morning ladies! I shouldn't say it out loud but I'm sleeping well (sorry!!), up for numerous toilet breaks but conk straight back out. Such a different story from pregnancy number 1 but I think because I'm having no daytime snoozes this time because of the result of pregnancy number 1 I'm just conking out at night!

Appledrop great to hear things are going so well!! Lovely to get home to your own space, all going well I'm hoping to get home asap this time, less than 24 hours will do me. I didn't have stitches either but penny's advice sounds spot on. Enjoy the newborn bubble and cuddles, so jealous!

Penny def give the coombe a ring. I frequently have bouts of headaches lasting days and swelling recently so I rang the VHI midwife. She said if it's sudden onset or severe to go straight in. Doc checked me out last tues and My bp was fine so she suggested upping my water intake which helped a lot, think a bit of dehydration was my problem.

I'm probably alone on this one but I'm thoroughly enjoying the weather, I love the sun though. Late pregnancy is rotten uncomfortable anyway and I prefer being able to sit around in shorts and vests eating ice pops :) it's a bonus we can get out with the little lady too. I'm lying on my bed contemplating our next move today, my pelvis is feeling ok so fancy getting out somewhere.

I had a nice sleep thank you. Not quite the stuff of my dreams (no pun intended) as I had natural pee breaks to attend to but way better than any of the previous week or ten days.

I did go to bed with a headache last night though and awoke with it this morning. My ankles are suddenly quite swollen (for me as they been grand all the way through mostly) and that coupled with the chronic heartburn / gastritis can be a sign of pre eclampsia. I also put on 2kg in the last week despite eating nothing and throwing up so much.
    My BP has been fine too (hatefully so) and I think maybe I need to get it checked out today. I've just taken some paracetamol for my headache and if it's still there in an hour I think I'll call the Coombe to see what they suggest.

I think I'd definitely get yourself checked my dear. Especially having been in bed with feet up all night to have swelling now. It'll put your own mind at ease anyway.

I rang the Coombe and they want me I for a look over. So a quick stop off with my sister to drop my little girl with her for the day and then we'll see what happens in the hospital.
    The headache is unreal.

• Advertisement

Appledrop Bet it's great to get home to your own space the less time in hospital the better x I had a lot of stitches after my 1st inside and out tea tree oil was my best friend it took about 6 weeks to feel normal again I only had a small few stitches after my youngest within about 10 days I was feeling normal again much quicker recovery hoping for none this time 3rd time lucky x

Digs enjoy the sleep while you can it's great you're getting sleep xx

I'm getting my hubby to take the girls off for a drive in a while so I can have a rest for an hour or so xx

So I've been admitted for the night at least. Headache chronic and nothing is touching the pain. They're going to give Tylex next time I'm allowed something to see if that helps. BP is up, well within normal limits for most people but quite elevated for me given that my baseline is very low.
    Internal exam (the joys) by the consultant who decreed the cervix isn't feeling "very laboury" and they'll do checks during the night every 4 hours and see what's what tomorrow.

So I've been admitted for the night at least. Headache chronic and nothing is touching the pain. They're going to give Tylex next time I'm allowed something to see if that helps. BP is up, well within normal limits for most people but quite elevated for me given that my baseline is very low.
    Internal exam (the joys) by the consultant who decreed the cervix isn't feeling "very laboury" and they'll do checks during the night every 4 hours and see what's what tomorrow.

God penny hope you will be ok x hopefully it's nothing too serious and you will be back home again tomorrow xx

Or it's just serious enough to deliver the baby but nothing dangerous

Do you think they will induce you x

Oh at least you're in the best place for them to keep an eye on you penny, hope all goes well through the night and baba is comfy and you both stay safe! I'd say it's roasting in there?

Just home from a lovely day in brittas in a friends mobile home, weather was divine, I'm gone as brown as a berry over the last week or two. Would absolutely kill to be at Bruce Springsteen tonight, some night for it.

Best of luck with the overnight in the Coombe and hopefully it's all it is.

I had a little celebration that I've reached 37 weeks and all is well with my girlfriends today and it was bliss.
    Are far too much cake though. Feeling so relaxed and calm now though. it was lovely.

My BP has gone up again and so has my temperature. Freezing cold too which on a day like today is nuts. They're thinking I have an infection of some sort possibly and have taken blood cultures, urine samples and vaginal swab.
    Just saw the consultant and she said she'll be back tomorrow and we'll be making a plan for delivery one way or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Aveen

Sorry to hear you're not feeling the best penny, hopefully tomorrow you'll have a plan and feeling but better.
    Hope everyone else is enjoying the sun.
    I'm off to bed, feeling pretty banjaxed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

So sorry to hear you're not well Penny :-(

Thinking of you and baba, hope all is ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Sorry to hear you've been admitted Penny. Hope all is OK.

Can't believe I'm finally writing this but our little girl finally made her entrance into the world just after midnight.

Lots of twists and turns in our labour story but I'll fill u guys in later. Right now I'm exhausted and making the most of the cuddles.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Aveen

Sorry to hear you've been admitted Penny. Hope all is OK.

Can't believe I'm finally writing this but our little girl finally made her entrance into the world just after midnight.

Lots of twists and turns in our labour story but I'll fill u guys in later. Right now I'm exhausted and making the most of the cuddles.

Huge congrats, enjoy your cuddles and rest :-)

Great news. Congratulations

Congrats hazelnut! Enjoy her :)

Ah hazelnut that's fantastic news congratulations x hope all is well with ye both x

Penny how are you doing today x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

Congratulations Hazelnut Button on your baby girl. Another May baby welcome to the club! Hope the labour wasn't too traumatic. I felt ok after mine because it was so quick but it was the next day I got upset because it had all been so sudden + I was in shock. A part of me still thought in my head that I still had it to come!

Penny thanks so much for your lovely post. I did feel guilty at first about the breastfeeding + the fact neither of us seemed to take to it. But then I reasoned that at least with the bottle he is feeding well + we wouldn't have been let out so soon otherwise as he would have been losing weight. I hope things are going ok for you Penny + you now have a plan in place+ you baby will be here soon. Take care of yourself.

Aw wow , big congratulations Hazelnut :-) Hope you and your little one are doing well xx

How are you today Penny ?

Hope all is well today penny?

• Advertisement

Hi All, well after what ended up being a very very dramatic late night and early morning we are now the proud parents of Sam. He was born at 08:54 and weighed in at 7lbs 2 oz.
    More on the drama another time. Right now I'm off my rocker on a variety of pain meds, etc as the delivery was c- section under a full anaesthetic.

Advertisement