Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2016 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

Penny congratulations on your new bundle of joy! It all sounds very traumatic I hope your both doing ok. Hopefully you will now be able to get some rest + the drugs should help. Take care of yourself×××××

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35 bonnie_

Congratulations Penny. Sounds dramatic but great to hear you are both safe and well.

Congratulations Hazlenut too! Wow 3 babies already from our June thread, exciting times ☺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Aw Penny I'm so glad to hear of the safe arrival of baby Sam :-) Hope you're OK post section. Keep taking all painkillers offered xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Aw welcome to the world baby Sam x hope you are doing ok penny x take time to rest and enjoy him

The June babies are on a roll ☺☺☺

They sure are on a roll Bestie. That's 2 boys + 1 girl. Will any more make an appearance I wonder before the last day in May?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Aveen

Huge congrats Penny, sorry it didn't go so well but Sam arrived and healthy :-). Do take all meds after section this does help with the recovery. Rest now & enjoy all the cuddles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭LNH666

Congratulations on your little boy Penny. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Ah huge congrats Penny!! He's here :) hoping you have a speedy recovery, keep those pain meds coming!

Betsie you're right! Seems the June babies are an impatient bunch :) still a few of us knocking about I think though, have a feeling i'll be threading these boards for a while yet!

I was full site all alone that I would have a may baby, doubt that will happen now only a few hours left, I'll be here a while yet too id say xx

I was full site all alone that I would have a may baby, doubt that will happen now only a few hours left, I'll be here a while yet too id say xx

I'm stuck between being happy to wait a while as I'm a bit freaked the statistics are true that second labours are half the time of first in which case I'll be lucky to make the hospital and on the other hand dying to meet this baby! Literally cannot wait to see what she looks like etc :) my bladder has also had enough, looking forward to not feeling like I constantly need to go.

Have GP this afternoon, completely interfering with my afternoon in the sunshine :D

Tomorrow is June, can't believe it!! Hope everyone is well!

• Advertisement

Digs wrote: »
    I'm stuck between being happy to wait a while as I'm a bit freaked the statistics are true that second labours are half the time of first in which case I'll be lucky to make the hospital and on the other hand dying to meet this baby! Literally cannot wait to see what she looks like etc :) my bladder has also had enough, looking forward to not feeling like I constantly need to go.

Have GP this afternoon, completely interfering with my afternoon in the sunshine :D

Tomorrow is June, can't believe it!! Hope everyone is well!

My 1st labour was 12 hours, my 2nd labour was 30 hours of hell so good only knows what this one will be like, it will either be super quick or 48 hours ☺

Tomorrow is June and we made it xx

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭tt2014

Not too long to go is right! Haven't been on in a while, got a bit of news about our little one that wasn't great on the 20 week scan but its all under control now and just cant wait to meet our little one for lots of cuddles! Heat is unreal, cant stop eating ice pops, hopefully the hospital wont be too hot, finishing up in work next week so looking forward to that! Hope everyone is well x

Hope all is well with your little one tt2014. Snuggles aren't to far away! I'd say the hospitals are like saunas these days.

12hrs to 30hrs betsie?? Ouchies! Were you induced or anything different on #2? If my time doubles id be looking at about 3hrs which is very manageable! Sure I've no control over it anyway, what will be will be but at this stage in the game it's natural to wonder!

All fine in the GP, she said I'm flying along. Back in the hospital next Tuesday at 39weeks, hoping to not have to make many more appointments after that :)

Hope all is ok tt x

Enjoy finishing work I'm finished 2 weeks now and it's the best thing I ever done x

12 hours was my 1st and I was induced 30 hours was all natural I even went 28 hours without pain meds then my consultant matter me get an epidural coz I was so tired and said I wouldn't be able push if I didn't and was more likely to end up in a section under general if I didn't xx

12 hours was my 1st and I was induced 30 hours was all natural I even went 28 hours without pain meds then my consultant matter me get an epidural coz I was so tired and said I wouldn't be able push if I didn't and was more likely to end up in a section under general if I didn't xx

28hrs without pain meds??? That is superstar material betsie! You deserve a shorter labour this time definitely, it's mad how they can all go so differently. I've forgotten if you know what you're having or is a surprise?

I was only about 1.5hrs on #1, I was 8cm when I went into the delivery room so no question about getting an epidural, no time! I was spoiled for a first timer, my Aunty told me earlier I can't get that lucky twice, I'm hoping I can prove her wrong!

I know I tried my best but just couldn't make it any more, fingers crossed this time, poor hubby will lose his life if it's not shorter haha we live a distance from the hospital so they won't send him home x it's a surprise we knew on the other 2 but this is our l lady of family complete so we decided to keep it a surprise xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Tt2014 nice to have you back :-) Not long to meet your little one now.

Oh lads I'm melting !!!! The heat is killing me :-( I remember when I was heavily pregnant with my son July 2014 it was a scorcher too !

2 weeks today till my section :-) I'm in Rotunda tomorrow.

Wow Digs that was so quick for a first labour, brilliant. I bet it will be the same this time :-)

Betsie you're some woman to go that long without epidural. I only got to 3 cm last labour and I wanted the epidural ... lol !

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭LNH666

I love hearing stories like yours Digs. I'll have one of those please ;-)

I think I'm the odd one out heat wise. I'm loving it. Although I'm finished work so that helps for sure.

Lol shivers id take an epidural now if I could haha won't be doing that again, I tried for my natural delivery and I'm happy with that, my 1st I had tens, gas, pethadine and epidural, the only one in not willing to try again is pethadine I just hated the way it made me feel

• Advertisement

LNH I'm a sun junkie too, I love it, long may it last :) would like a repeat performance of labour #1 myself but sure what will be will be, really looking forward to meeting this baby whatever happens!

Shivers super jealous you have a date, it must be so exciting having one to countdown to!!

Betsie the surprise must be so exciting too, I said I'd be practical on #2 and see what we're having and hopefully if there's a #3 we'll leave it a surprise :D

Hope all the other June mammies to be are good, 59 mins and it's officially our month!

Just can't wait now to find out my eldest treks me she doesn't mind what the baby is add long as it's a girl haha x is live a little boy but as long as they are happy and healthy I really don't mind x I'm here watching one born every minute hoping it will set of something in me haha x

Well ladies it's June ☺ we made it x

Woohoo!!

I woke up a bit fluidly and bleh, not enough coffee for this day I don't think and where's the sun gone??? :/

What party of the country are you in digs? Sub is out here since before 6am another beautiful day in Tipperary

I need to get down to Tipp so betsie! I'm in Dublin, it's warm but very dull and overcast. Hopefully it'll brighten up soon, getting far too used to the sun for it to disappear on me now.

My daughter was obviously anxious to check out the weather this morning too as she waddled into us at 5:50am - the child is a disaster!!

Come on down digs, plenty of ice pops in the freezer, and the kids can play outside while we sit and relax in the sun ☺

Don't tempt me betsie! My dad has always had boats on the Shannon and my two favourite places in the country are Terryglass and Garykennedy, especially on nice sunny days!! Tipperary is a beautiful place to live.

Garykennedy is amazing I love it there, I have a view of the galtees from my house living just outside Tipperary town, in from Waterford living here 9 years next month wouldn't change it for the world, it's a totally different way of living here x

• Advertisement

Well ladies glad your enjoying the weather. Make the most of it while you can as I'm learning once babs comes along you will be lucky to get outside your door! I've had a tough few days. I was great at first once I got home but then the boobs filled up+ pain was unreal. Also sorry if tmi but had problems with bowels so had to ring hospitial + stock up on laxitive + prunes. Seriously I've been in more pain last two days then the labour + giving birth! Seems to have eased today so fingers crossed I've turned the corner.

Digs I don't mind the bit of cloud today as might be brave enough to bring him for a walk. Although right now it's as sunny as ever here in Dublin.

Hope the wait is nearly over for the rest of you.

Advertisement