Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2016 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭tt2014

Afternoon ladies, just went for another scan, im 36 weeks and baby is now in breech position, they might do a section but I don't mind as long as baby is ok, 8 pounds already!!

On a side note, Tesco are doing a sale on soleros, oh my god!!! new craving!

Hope all the new babas and mamas are doing well xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Appledrop sorry to hear you had those issues, I've heard that can be a common problem alright. Hopefully as you say you've turned a corner. Each day with the little guy you'll get more confident in bringing him out, although that really is the beauty of a summer baby, having the longer evenings and drier (sometimes!) weather to be able to get out and about.

The sun sure showed up in Dublin, we made it to the playground, brought grandad as backup, I am so sore and achey today :(

Tt2014 what a little monkey you have to turn at this late stage! This they give you a guideline plan of action? Hopefully baba will turn again for you. My first was breech until 37 weeks when she finally turned!

Ps with June starting today I got my first "any sign of baby text??!" - my brother in law is some joker!!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Aveen

Appledrop hope you're feeling better, I had similar after my first not the nicest thing at all. Hopefully you get out for a short walk soon.

Well looks like June baby are keen for the beech position, I'm has turned :)

Weather is lovely but I'm feeling so off today, exhausted, queasy and a lot of pressure, think I'll try a bath this evening, sorry for the moaning ladies.

Hope all well with others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

My 2 girls are bet from the heat both of them like anti Christ's today hubby just home from work he can get them ready for bed im off for a shower and into my PJs I'm wrecked myself x I have hospital appointment tomorrow, dreading the heat in there already x

Hey digs, they say if babs hasnt turned by 39 weeks, its going to be a c section, i dont care as long as hes ok but hes a big lad so they dont want to try and turn him, hes banging away in there, just feels like i could pop any second!

Anyone else finding it hard to sleep? I love the sun but the warmth at night time us a killer!

• Advertisement

Yeah it's hard to sleep in this heat, hopefully baba arrived soon, I want the weather to stay as long as possible

Oh the heat at night is killing me in so uncomfortable I have a fan going in the room and I'm convinced it's blowing hot air at me

I'm still sleeping like a log, have no idea how or why but not questioning. I just think heat doesn't affect me like a normal person.

I am exhausted though, feeling so bad for my daughter as my energy levels are in my shoes and I wish I could do more with her. Very fluidy again today and just sore and heavy, loads of pains and aches. She's currently watching frozen for the millionth time on my laptop in my bed as "mammys not well". Mustering the energy to get myself up, poor kiddo.

Such a moaner today, sorry ladies :(

Oh Moan away digs are very much aloud Moab at the moment, my feet are so swollen today I'd love to cut them off they are so uncomfortable, have hospital appointment this pm

Snap we are watching frozen here too at least it's a break from Dora haha

Oh hope the appointment goes well and you get a bit of positive news baby won't be too far away!

Thanks, would be lost with nowhere to moan! I savaged my husband this morning over something ridiculously insignificant and just spent about fifteen mins balling on the phone to him there. God bless him he's so so patient but he must think I'm nuts. He's convinced I was like this shortly before having #1 but I think he's trying to be nice, I'm not optimistic.

I do have a heck of alot of back ache and period pains but this could last for weeks. I force myself to shower every morning and I have to say it makes a huge difference, feel so much better after it. Just having an off day or two. Looking forward to the long weekend and having hubby home for three days straight!

• Advertisement

Hi, I've an appointment this pm too, so hoping they'll give me an end date. Sick of not sleeping, waking to be sick, trying to relax but have to move or been sick. I'm swelling by the mins here.
    Digs please moan away, I'm sick of listening to myself

Oh I'm sick of listening to myself whinge aswell Aveen, it's always comforting to know others are the same :)

Good luck with your appointment today! Hope you get a date, psychologically it would do so much good I'd say. The worst thing I find is not knowing, I could have another 3.5 weeks or so if I go the full way over again :/ it won't last forever but when you're feeling rotten it feels like it!

Appointment went well baby is flying it, head is well down, so much so she couldn't measure it today, I'm booked for inducting on the 20th is I haven't gone by then x

Hope everyone else is going ok xx

Ah yay for having a date betsie! Holles Street policy for induction is 14 days over, the brings me to the 28th.... I don't even want to think about it.

Aveen hope you got ok ok too.

No sleep last night, poor stomach is in a jock. The joys of it all :(

Hey ladies, that's great you've dates, digs, sorry to hear you're not feeling good. Hopefully rest well help.
    I'm having a wee detour after my appointment yesterday. So I've been so uncomfortable and feeling sick, the mid wife notices straight off. Baby hasn't growth well since last appointment and movements not as strong so waiting on scan this am. If all goes well I'll be see consultant in VBAC clinic on Wednesday and hopefully I know more. If not who know what next today for me:)
    I'm thinking positive thoughts

Oh good luck aveen! Hope all goes well with the scan. Positive thoughts your way :)

Aveen hope everything goes ok for to x keep us posted x

I'm delighted to have an end date in sight even if it is the 20th I know it won't go passed that x

Hope ye are all well xx

Hey ladies, the wee monkey is 100%, everything came back good, so just need to keep an eye over weekend. Mid wife will be calling later but I'd say next Wednesday will be the day to put all in order for end date 😊. Thanks for the support, positive thoughts for us all 😊😊

Glad everything went ok for you aveen x getting exciting now isn't it xx

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Only getting a chance to catch up on this thread now.

Aveen I'm delighted everything is OK. Fingers crossed you'll have you're little one here soon..

Newborn bubble is blissful this end. She is such a good baby so far. Long may it last. I've ended up with mastitis though and I'm in ribbons so going to try and slowly wean onto formula. Baby has a tongue restriction and couldn't latch so I've been pumping for her since she was born. She's still getting my expressed milk but the situation is not sustainable long term. Trying to not feel too bad about it. She's had a really good start so I'm hoping that will stand to her.

• Advertisement

Aw Hazel it's great to hear from you, glad everything is going good with her for you sorry to hear you have mastitis though,

Hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying the good weather and the bank holiday weekend x

Sorry if tmi in struggling with constipation here have never felt like this before I'm eating load of fruit like always and drinking about 2lt of water a day think I'm going to have to go to the chemist and get something x

Betsie, i was a bit bound up for a while and i was freed up just getting on my swiss ball and doing some gentle light streching on it, that seemed to do the trick, its horrible feeling like that :(

Saw my ob yesterday who is fairly confidant my little one will stay in breech position so going for an elective c section on the 24th if they dont move, 8 pounds already! Hope everyone is well and getting plenty of cool drinks and rest xx

Sorry betsie I've the exact opposite problem myself usually :( hope you've gotten relief? It's uncomfortable enough at the moment as it is. Take it you've tried the usual natural remedies - prunes, orange juice, pears (works for my daughter!) maybe a coffee??

Yay for a date TT - ye are set to go :)

We went into the tall ships. Tough tough going but proud for managing it. Was wrecked but hoping the walking stands to me and encourages baby to arrive soon. We parked on Merrion square and I walked passed Holles Street longingly I can tell you! Were going to go to dundrum for dinner but I'm flaked, cannot move a muscle. Camile or chipper it is!!

Some weather though!! Would love to be in garykennedy on the boat betsie, better not risk it :) my poor dad is under house arrest this weekend, my mam wouldn't let him down to the boat in case there's some baby movement and I'd say it's killing him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

Hi ladies great to hear that some of you have a date in sight. I really feel for you all trying to cope with being heavily pregnant in this weather. Things are going much better for me now, pain in boobs is gone + bowl problems finally solved! Beste the hospitial recommended laxose for me + it did the trick but you would need to check if it's suitable if your pregnant. We are getting a little walk in everyday with babs which is great. The cover on his buggy is really good so keeps him covered.

Hazelnut I felt guilty aswell about the breastfeeding but my little babs just wasn't taking to it + painful for me aswell. I definitely think we made the best decision because at the moment we are trying to get him to put on more weight which means bottles every two hours which is hard going + that's with both of us sharing it!

Looking forward to the next June baby they all seem to be staying put for the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

appledrop wrote: »

Hazelnut I felt guilty aswell about the breastfeeding but my little babs just wasn't taking to it + painful for me aswell. I definitely think we made the best decision because at the moment we are trying to get him to put on more weight which means bottles every two hours which is hard going + that's with both of us sharing it!

Looking forward to the next June baby they all seem to be staying put for the moment!

I hear ya. My boobs are killing me. Have you stopped feeding completely? Have you had any issues? I'm still pumping to try and clear the blocked ducts and mastitis. I've been told to start reducing the amount of time pumping slowly each day. If I stop cold turkey I'm going to make it worse. Could be a week or two before the milk dries up.

The joys of motherhood.

Penny how are you and your little fella getting on? The nurses in the Coombe were saying there had been loads of boys born on Monday night. 19 babies born and 17 were boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

Hazelnut I never really got established with the breast feeding so was able to go cold turkey. Even at that the pain was unreal for the few days until my milk dried up. In your case your right it's better to do it slowly until you can fully stop. A good tip I got from my friend was not to stimulate them in shower so I used to remove the shower head + just do a quick wash over them.

Penny hope your doing well with your little boy + didn't have to stay in hospital for too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

Jeez, the heat at night is unreal, 1am now and its roasting, finding it hard to go to sleep. Baby isn't due till 27th of June so may be lurking in the July thread before long! Feet have swelled up for the first time this week so the heat mite have a lot to do wit it. Really good breastfeeding is a success, hope to get help from nurses, etc

So went into my normal chemist yesterday, always find the pharmacist fantastic great for advise etc only to find a locam there who wouldn't give me anything for constipation, told me to see my GP Tuesday, feeling rotten today I'm awake since 3.30 am and have to put on a big smile on my face and head to my sister in law's for a BBQ this pm last thing I want to do, x might try squeeze in a nap before the morning is out x

Hope everyone had a nice long weekend? Betsie hope you get sorted tomorrow, so annoying :(

I've definitely hit the wall, I am exhausted. Sleep not so good the last few nights which was bound to happen. I counted 7 toilet trips last night, movements were unreal from baby and a snoring husband. Last night I drifted at about 4am and L came into us at 6am ready for the day :(

39 weeks tomor and hospital appointment to boot. Dreading the thoughts of it, would much rather the GP, the effort of getting into town! My folks are taking my daughter tomorrow and after the hosp I am coming home to bed, pure bliss. Braxton hicks are also at an all time high, I can't move but my stomach scrunches into a tight ball.

Also if one more well intentioned person looks at me pitifully and asks how I'm coping with the heat I'll scream. The heat I love, it's being 39 weeks pregnant and carrying a baby in my belly that's bothering me, it's uncomfortable no matter what the climate!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭LNH666

So loads of babies are turning around for June! Brats.
    Mine has turned posterior for some reason. I'm on all fours or my ball as much as possible & giving the bump a lecture about turning back around as soon as possible.
    Head is down & bladder is under pressure too so sleep is not easy at the moment.

Two weeks til due date....

Advertisement