Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2016 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Penny, hopefully this is only a minor temporary bump in the road. I hope your wee man gets home in full health soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭appledrop

Aveen congratulations on your little boy. That's 3 boys + 1 girl for the June babies. Sounds like there will be plenty more babies joining us next week with the booked in sections + others reaching their due dates.

Penny hope your little boy gets home soon + you can give him loads of cuddles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Rogueish wrote: »
    Yes same here ECS next Tuesday. There are some days I'd swear I'm gonna go early.amd I'm ticking off in my head what in have to do i.e whose the closest sitter that can look after he boys til the inlays get here, does my oh actually have his phone with him, last minute things to put in the bag and then nope false alarm/hope.

It's mad. I don't know about you but I'm more than ready to have this baba. Everything is uncomfortable including almost all of my 'presentable ' maternity clothes. If i spend too long on my feet the Braxton hicks kick in and literally have me leaning on something til they pass. And if it wasn't for the Section date next week it could be another 2 weeks of this before we meet the babies. That's just torture.

My biggest problem is going to be my darling mum. She has already expressed her intention of pretty much moving in while I'm in hospital to look after my 2 monsters and staying the weekend I get out to cook etc. I know that I'm incredibly lucky but we pretty much have the childcare for next week sorted and while I'll be delighted to see her at the weekend there will come a point that I want the house cleared and just ourselves here. Anyway small problems.

How are you coping with the run up to Tuesday?

Lol about your mum, they mean well don't they ! Mine just lives 10 min drive away so will be up and down to us but no prolonged stays !!! She's minding my son during the days while I'm in hospital and to be fair I'd be lost without her.

We're enjoying our last weekend as 3, hope you are too. I'm waiting for a call from the hospital Monday morning to tell us what time to go in on Tuesday. I wonder how long we'll have to stay in after, all going well that is. I'm hoping 2 nights max.

Congratulations on your lovely little boy Aveen, delighted everything went well for you.

We're still in the Coombe unfortunately. Our little boy had another of those cardiac episodes on Thursday night/ Friday morning and the cardiologist wants to be safer than sorry and has started him on a new drug to temporarily regulate the electrical flow through his heart.
    They need to monitor the levels of the drugs in his blood and will know on Monday if they're happy to allow him home or not.
    If the levels are too high or low the need to be adjusted and monitored further.

Aw so sorry to hear that Penny. Really hope your little man does well on his new medication and is discharged very soon.

Hope you're doing well too xx

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

appledrop wrote: »
    Aveen congratulations on your little boy. That's 3 boys + 1 girl for the June babies. Sounds like there will be plenty more babies joining us next week with the booked in sections + others reaching their due dates.

Penny hope your little boy gets home soon + you can give him loads of cuddles.

The morning after our little girl was born the midwife said to me that she'll have her pick of boyfriends when she's older that 19 babies had been born that night and only 2 were girls.

• Advertisement

shivers27 wrote: »
    Lol about your mum, they mean well don't they ! Mine just lives 10 min drive away so will be up and down to us but no prolonged stays !!! She's minding my son during the days while I'm in hospital and to be fair I'd be lost without her.

We're enjoying our last weekend as 3, hope you are too. I'm waiting for a call from the hospital Monday morning to tell us what time to go in on Tuesday. I wonder how long we'll have to stay in after, all going well that is. I'm hoping 2 nights max.

My mum lives 1.5 hrs away and don't get me wrong she is the best in the world and I would be lost without her but I know that by next weekend I'll just be looking to settle in just the 5 (!) of us. Anyway we'll have a lifetime to do that so I'll just take it as it comes.

I don't want to burst your bubble re: 2 nights. My first was an emergency section and I was 5 nights in. My second was an elective and I was 4 nights in. From what I understand 4-5 nights is the norm. But maybe your hospital has a different protocol.

I have to go into the hospital on Monday morning to do the prep stuff i.e bloods, weight, consent etc and I'll be told what time I have to be in at on Tuesday morning. The last time I had to be in the hospital for 7am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Oh girls having my mother move in her with me even to stay for a night would be my worst nightmare, I think I'd check into a hotel or something tool she was gone, she just stresses me out ask the time and is no help at all really she makes more work for me really thank God she lives 1.5 hours away it's a blessing most if the time x

Penny sorry to hear ye didn't get home hopefully be real soon, you have a little fighter there xx

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭LNH666

And stress levels have now peaked in this house. My husband crashed yesterday, broke his thumb, bruised ribs, abdominal bruising and sprained his ankle. Thankfully nothing serious, but little injuries.
    Can't use crutches because of the wrist so completely laid up and hand in a cast.....
    I have to get to his car today and try figure out what to do and where to have it towed to. The brand new car seat was in it too but luckily it wasn't damaged either and the fire brigade checked it for me.

Now the trying to figure out how to get to the hospital when the time comes......

Aveen glad to hear you're doing well. And best of luck to you too Penny, here's hoping the new meds will sort it out for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

LNH666 wrote: »
    And stress levels have now peaked in this house. My husband crashed yesterday, broke his thumb, bruised ribs, abdominal bruising and sprained his ankle. Thankfully nothing serious, but little injuries.
    Can't use crutches because of the wrist so completely laid up and hand in a cast.....
    I have to get to his car today and try figure out what to do and where to have it towed to. The brand new car seat was in it too but luckily it wasn't damaged either and the fire brigade checked it for me.

Now the trying to figure out how to get to the hospital when the time comes......

Aveen glad to hear you're doing well. And best of luck to you too Penny, here's hoping the new meds will sort it out for you.

Not to add to your stress but I was told to always get a new carseat if there has been an accident, however small. There could be unseen damage. You should be able to claim on your car insurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Ah that's lousy LNH, sorry to hear that :( really is all you need at this stage. It's stressful enough thinking about getting to the hospital as it is (even though it always works out fine!) without that happening!

No update here except I am miserable. No sleep, sore, heavy, tired, swollen. Would kill to have an exact date so I could focus on it but could be two weeks from Tuesday if baby stays put :(

Hope everyone else is doing well!

• Advertisement

Not to add to your stress but I was told to always get a new carseat if there has been an accident, however small. There could be unseen damage. You should be able to claim on your car insurance.

Yeah I'd seen than too but the fire brigade checked the whole thing and we'd not taken the styrofoam packing off it it yet thankfully. Just practicing putting it in. Plus it was a frontal small impact so they reassured me.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Aveen

Hey ladies,
    Getting home today, 72hrs post section but I'm still under midwife care in community. Delighted to be getting home, see I'm DS & for him to meet his brother.
    Breastfeeding is hard but we doing ok, my milk is coming in which is helping. Such a different experience for my last.

Best wishes to all book for induction or appointments this week.

God LNH hope all is ok xx

God LNH hope all is ok xx

Yeah he's doing ok. He'll probably be in a cast for a while so now even more than before a section is my worse nightmare!!!

We've arranged a cleaner for the summer and I've loads of batch cooked meals in the freezer. So at least we have that.
    His mother is freaking out that we're getting a cleaner though. She wants to do it, she would have very strong opinions on everything so I think I'd crack up fairly quickly!! It's a possibility anyway. Ah mother in laws :-/

Oh good no doubt let the Mil clean for you, I know if it was my mil I would kill her actually kill her, not that she wouldn't offer anyway x

have you a section booked or is it just in case? Can't remember sorry baby brain x

Once hubby is ok that's all that matters xx

Oh just as a just in case. I'm hoping to go the old fashioned way. And yeah I reckon I'd kill her fairly quickly if she was doing our cleaning.
    Although she means well.
    Due this day week so fingers crossed baby is on time!

Glad to hear alls well aveen, it's great you got home so quick. All going well this time I won't be hanging around in the hospital either, the two nights killed me last time and there wasn't a bother on me so I should have asked to go home earlier.

Betsie did they do a sweep for you in the end last week? Assume it did nothing anyway?

Was half sure something was happening last night, loads of period pains and back pain but nada. I kind of feel like I've been in slow early labour for a week with all the pains and Braxton hicks, could go on and on I suppose. Can't believe due date is tomorrow anyway, I am SO SO ready for this baby.

Actually what are you experiences of having sweeps done? They have asked would I like one on Thursday. But haven't a clue what to expect

I've never had one, went to 40 +13 on last baby and no mention of one, nothing this time round either so far. AFAIK Holles Street don't offer them, maybe it's a different story if you actually ask for one.

I believe, like anything else in labour, if you're favourable and your body is ready to go a sweep can kick start things.

A sweep is kinda like a smear test but a little bit more uncomfortable,

Yeah digs they did do a swap cervix was still high though so didn't expect it to do anything, have another one Thursday if nothing happens xx

Did date tomorrow too woohoo xx

• Advertisement

I'm so punctual normally I'd really really appreciate a due date baby tomorrow :) - I was actually a due date baby myself!

Well i was 10 days over with my 1st and 4 days early with my 2nd if this one came tomorrow I'd be delighted 😀😀😀

Aveen, that's great news that you are home with your wee man. I hope you both continue to recover well.

Shivers how have you been today? Did you get your booking time for tomorrow? I'm surprised at how on edge I've been. I went to the hospital this morning and am booked in for 8am in the morning. There is one other ECS as well as myself tomorrow so I should be done fairly early depending on any emergencies that come up.
    I'm currently sitting on the sofa with my two boys watching cartoons.

LNH a cleaner is something you won't regret and probably won't want to give up after the summer either. MIL's are great but sometimes a little distance is needed. I hope your hubby has a quick recovery.

Mind yourselves ladies....

Aveen, I'm delighted to hear you're home today :-) I want to stay as short a time as possible. I signed myself out after 48 hrs the last time !!! I was fine and baby was fine , I couldn't sleep at all in the hosp !

Rogueish ... Good luck tomorrow :-) I've to be in for 11am so will be done in the afternoon. I'm quite nervous now tbh, just want it all over and baby here safe and sound.

LNH I hope your husband is ok, thank god it wasn't a very serious accident xx

Penny, hope you and little man are doing well xx

Girls, not long left now. This last bit is torture isn't it when you're just so ready for baby to come.

Best of luck tomorrow girls, fingers crossed for the day us that we aren't waiting too long more xx

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Good luck tomorrow shivers and rogueish. Hope all goes well x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭appledrop

LNH sorry to hear about your husband. Hopefully he is on the mend. I'd say the cleaner will be a godsend especially as your husband will be limited in what he will be able to do.

Aveen you won't know yourself when you get home. Nothing like your own bed even if sleep is limited with a newborn!

Shivers + Rogueish best of luck tomorrow with the sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Aveen

Shivers + Rogueish best of luck tomorrow with the sections. Can't wait to hear the news.

Sitting breastfeeding, I'm not sure what to feel, I'm not sure it's for me. Tiredness is kicking in & im feeling a little emotional at mo.

Aveen would you try give some bottle some breast you need a break too, it's so normal to feel exhausted and emotional xx

• Advertisement

Aveen ya poor thing, it's a seriously overwhelming few days after the birth isn't it. You're doing the absolute best for your baby whatever you decide to do but a happy Mam is so important. Take all the support you can but if you really want to BF I'd suggest getting a private LC out to give you a hand. Not sure if you're in Dublin but if you are I can PM you the name of an excellent one. Mind yourself x

Good luck today with the sections ladies, hope alls goes well!

Happy due date betsie!! Maybe we'll be part of the 5%?? :D

Advertisement