Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2016 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

If things are looking good LNH go for it! Ye never know girls ye might get something started tomorrow.

I didn't get out for the walk, rain scuppered my plans. I did go to supervalu to get dinner stuff and confirmed why you shouldn't send a heavily pregnant woman shopping. Two tubs of ben n jerry (on offer at 3.50!), olives with manchego cheese, a giant pack of size 3 (?) nappies on offer and a catrice mascara. No dinner.

One of my brothers lives in the states, I get the sads, we see them often but every goodbye is the same, rotten :( Glad your husband is on the mend!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭LNH666

I had pre warned her there would be tears!!!

And yeah I'm thinking of having the sweep done. I'm hoping with the cramping and the pressure that things are favourable for it. I can ask tomorrow anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35 bonnie_

Congratulations Shivers and Rogueish on the new arrivals! Hope you are both doing well and recovering ok after the births.

Aveen, think I missed congratulations to you, hope you are having a better day today, I still have it all ahead of me so can't really offer too much advice other than to take it day by day. Some of those who are already mama's here have been great with advice so far thanks everyone.

LHN, glad to hear your husband is out and about after his accident, hope ye got sorted with back up transport for the hospital trip!

Penny hope your son is getting better and he is home by now.

My due date is Monday, was in with the midwife for my appointment today, all is looking fine, head well down. I don't expect anything to happen soon. I am getting more uncomfortable each day but generally feeling okay. Trying to stay mobile by walking and using the exercise ball but getting plenty of rest in too now I'm finished work. This is our first so I don't have any other little ones to be running around after!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Digs dinner sounds yummy haha haha, pop then nappies into storage for a few months x was the offer good? Might head in and get ice cream too for when the girls are gone to bed 😊or maybe for when I go to bed haha x

I won't lie, waiting impatiently for her nibs to go asleep too and then I'm hooking into the ice-cream. Ben and Jerrys is not for sharing!

The nappies were just the 90 pack of pampers for 13.99. Size 3 are for 4-9kg. I've been picking up random bags of nappies in the last while, all sizes but I can't remember for the life of me what my daughter was in in the beginning, she was 9lbs but 23 inches so really long and skinny so I remember her getting agges out of a particular nappy size because she was so slight. She never leaked either randomly. I opened one of the pack of newborn nappies the other day, they're the size of my hand!! Cannot remember her being that small and can't believe another dinky little person is on the way!

• Advertisement

I'm still looking at the tiny babygrows and thinking how small..... but then when you think about the exit route :-) not that small!!!

Lol LNH nothing is tiny compared to the exit route haha x

Digs I remember on both my girls getting ages out of size 3s that's really good value won't make it into SuperValu more tonight they close at 8

I'm now ignoring calls so sick of any news yet any baby yet conversations, I'm like if the baby was here ye would know about it,

Hubby is driving me up the walls this evening too fit no reason really just being annoying 😞

Haha it doesn't bare dwelling on LNH. That's why I love gentlebirth and their affirmations etc it's a good way to block it out!

Betsie, the poor oul husbands. Sometimes all he need do is sneeze loudly and I'm annoyed!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Anyone any tips to help relieve wind? My dd has been very unsettled the last 2 days. Giving her infacol before every feed and stopping her and winding her regularly when feeding. Her poor back must be sore from all the rubbing and patting.

She seems to be in a lot of pain and discomfort. Very difficult to get her to sleep at the minute and when she does nod off the pain seems to wake her. She's wriggling and writhing with the pain and you can feel her whole body stiffen up.

So horrible not being able to make her feel better. Any tips greatly appreciated.

Poor little mite hazelnut :(

You could try a few different winding positions? There were two that worked very well for my daughter. One is lie her belly side down over your knees and just rub her little back up and down. The other is to hold her up and kind of rotate her legs in circles, it's called the helicopter!

Hope she gets relief soon, horrible seeing them in discomfort. Maybe give your PHN a ring tomorrow if you haven't already, could be the formula etc

• Advertisement

Digs wrote: »
    Haha it doesn't bare dwelling on LNH. That's why I love gentlebirth and their affirmations etc it's a good way to block it out!

Yeah I did the wise hippos hynobirth and love the affirmations.

I'm fasting for bloods in the morning and the husband has just made toast.... oh the smell. I'm drooling here.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Aveen

Hey ladies,
    Sending positive thoughts for babies to arrive to you all waiting.
    Having much better day today, opened up to my husband apart my disappointment, he was so supportive and happy I'm opening up than letting the baby blues take over.

Taking one feed at a time with the breastfeeding, a dummy has helped at night, he's eating loads, having reflux more today, so have been advised to offer only one breast for a feed, so I'll see how that goes.

Bottling things up is never a good idea regardless of what it is.
    And as a newbie myself taking everything one at a time like you're doing with feeding is the only approach.

I was just onto the Rotunda with my first scare. Baba had really reduced movement for 2 hours and I was starting to really get scared. I'm supposed to be fasting for breakfast club tomorrow but the midwife recommded eating something & seeing what happened. And now movement again. Such relief in this house.

Can't have my fasting bloods now but as long as there's movement again I can redo them another day.

LNH666, scary when things like that happen, you were just right to get them check, bloods can be done another day, so have some tea & toast maybe even ice cream

Aveen wrote: »
    LNH666, scary when things like that happen, you were just right to get them check, bloods can be done another day, so have some tea & toast maybe even ice cream

Yep I had toast, some fruit, sparkling water and 2 bon bon sweets. Baba is dancing again. Poor bashed up husband is back to sleep again, I felt awful for waking him. But he was brilliant.
    If only I had ice cream!!!

Aveen absolutely one day at a time. All you can do is your best! Glad to hear you're feeling better too.

LNH had a scare like that myself recently, it's not nice. Was actually talking to the GP about it yesterday. I think it's at this stage in the game too where I find myself most anxious over movement etc glad all is well and baby is back to normal!

Looks like some of us aren't sleeping tonight?! Cramps and period pains driving me nuts. Definitely didn't have this in the run up last time round but they seem to mean feck all anyway!

I was having sporadic cranky pains earlier this evening but it's all gone now. Although I'm so relieved to be feeling little kicks again now I don't care.

I suppose they're all a little squished in there so not much moving space left now.
    Just I think I was on the line between am I just being paranoid and that it had been 2 hours. Food has woken the beast :-)

I'm sure I'll get in trouble with breakfast club in the morning.

No I completely get that, the fine line! GP, consultant and midwife unanimously agreed not to sit on the line, to call. Easier said than done I know.

I've been having these pains on and off for a week I'd say, they def ramped up a gear tonight and I was close to asking Mam to take L again tonight but decided to sit on that stupid line :D they've calmed down now anyway.

If it's any consolation the Ben & Jerrys is repeating on me something fierce, I feel pretty crappy. Swigging gaviscon like it's going out of fashion. Gross.

Yeah I was humming and hawing but figure it a not about me. Tis all Baba at this point.

Having a great dance in there now after the midnight feast!

I'vee been blessed to be honest. I've only had heartburn in the last week, and only barely at that.
    One of my best friends is due in September & she's in bits all the time.

I actually got prescribed losec quite early on this time, I was in ribbons last time and stupidly suffered on quietly, I'd be prone to reflux when not pregnant anyway. It seems to be burning it's way through the last week or so though.

There's a dance party in my belly at the moment too. Night owl babies it seems!

• Advertisement

Oh girls ye had a late one last night I see, I was asleep by 10 and slept straight through to 3.30 when I woke to pee was back asleep by about 4.15 until the girls came into me at 6.20 best nights sleep in so long x

LNH don't work about what they say at breakfast club better to have baby moving and a happy mammy, they can do blood another time x

Hazelnut I found have baby on its back and moving their legs like they are riding a bike good along with the infacol too x

Sweep at 2.30 fingers crossed, had a dream last night that when she went to do the sweep I was 2cm already and she broke my waters instead for me, so my bags are going on the boot off the car just incase haha, wishful thinking I know x

Oh I hope the sweep works for you my dear.

And I feel the same Baba is more important than a routine blood test. It's just trying to get through to the Rotunda is always so frustrating. I'm currently on hold for nearly 10 minutes with no one answering. I work as a nurse myself so I know the phones are heartbreak when you're busy but seriously get a receptionist.

Betsie you just never know, fingers crossed! Great you got some sleep!

My husband said this morning he was certain I'd be waking him last night for the hospital, had to agree with him. Disgusted to wake up not in labour this morning :/

Hope you get through soon LNH x

Digs my hubby is like that every night but I think it's just that he wants a few days of work at this stage haha x

All sorted. The girl I was speaking to was great, and they'll reschedule me for another day. And then pointed out I could have the baby by then!!!
    Wishful thinking I reckon.

Let me know how you get on with the sweep -last week's doc said she'd recommend me having one this week which would be this afternoon!!!

Heading back to see if I can get more sleep now.

To be fair betsie I gave him hope last night, I was bouncing like a mad yoke and the pains were getting strong but nada. All he was short of doing up to yesterday was asking me to cross my legs, he had some project he had to finish in work, he was asking for a few slaps!!!

Enjoy the snooze LNH!

LNH hope you can get some sleep and relax, glad you got sorted this morning x

Ill keep ye posted how the sweep goes, tbh I'm a bit nervous hubby can't go to the sweep he collecting me after it alright but had to go to a meeting at 2 that he couldn't change 😞

Best of luck girls with the sweeps! As awfully jealous as I'll be I so hope it gets ye moving :)

Best of luck with the sweeps ladies.

Had very unsettle night, the wee man just wanted to feed unstop, got to sleep about 4.30 after trying of hours. I know it's stimulating my milk but God I'm so tried and sore because he drained me. Had to give him a oz of formula. So today decide if we continuing or not. Latch improved last night after reading some tips ladies ( thank you all ) but if it's not working with the rest of the family than that's not good either. Happy mum = Happy baby is what I need to remember

• Advertisement

Sorry it seems lm always moaning but nice to say what going on and not been judged. Thank you all

Advertisement