Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2016 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Ah betsie you're still here too! It sucks! Was awake at 4:30 too, there must be something in the air!! You poor thing not getting a rest today, I seriously feel for you x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Oh I'm still here Digs nearly fell like rocking up to the hospital saying I'm light headed or something and tell them I'm not going anywhere until baby is here xx

Lol worth a shot!! My mam is at me to ring HS, I prob should but I just haven't the energy at the moment.

Thank god these newborns are extremely adorable and worth the wait, I keep reminding myself of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭LNH666

Everyone was a half 4 start so. And we were at an engagement party so I didn't get to bed til half 12... These days that feels like an allnighter.

Oh Digs I hope baby hasn't turned.

Here's hoping you'll both be holding babies soon.

Digs that's the only thing keeping me going tbh x our family will be complete xx every so offer I freak out and think I can't do this, I have to keep reminding myself that I done it twice before xx

• Advertisement

LNH how did you have the energy to go to an engagement party, the thoughts of getting up to go to the toilet is effort for me haha xx

There was finger food :-) that tempted me......

And honestly I regret it so much today. I tried to go for a walk in the Roses in St Anne's this morning. Make one lap around and had to go back to the car. Just awake after a nap!

LNH hats off to you out at an engagement party!! I'd say you're wrecked!

I don't think she's turned, my bump feels the same and I feel like I can still feel the curve of her back. Fingers crossed she hasn't anyway. I've so many aches and pains at this stage I don't know where they're coming from.

I know what you mean betsie. I flip between exhaustion thinking the effort of getting to the hospital over to pure adrenaline and wanting to just get labour over and done with! Above all I so badly just want her in my arms, safe and sound! Sure we're all the same I suppose.

Finger food that would do it alright :) still though fair play to you for getting ready and going out and more so out for a walk today your an inspiration haha :D

A balled up in bed inspiration. Hee hee.

And yeah I've not even hit my due date & I'm starting to feel a little done now. I've had a really lovely pregnancy but still. Although I think I want to meet baby more than have the pregnancy over if that makes sense.

And the calls & random "hi how's things" texts are getting annoying.

When the baby arrives I will tell you!!!!!!! Rant over.

• Advertisement

I've started to get very creative with my responses to those texts LNH. Sure if you can't have a bit of fun at this stage!

Haha Me too digs, my father in law asked me after my hospital appointment Thursday any baby yet I just replied yeah it's out in the car his jaw hit the floor then realised it was messing I had only been gone about 3 hours haha xx

Haha yeah, I don't think my brother in law will be asking me if there's been any "movement" after the reply I sent him the other day :D:D

Digs wrote: »
    Haha yeah, I don't think my brother in law will be asking me if there's been any "movement" after the reply I sent him the other day :D:D

Ooooh what did you say?

I said I'd had two so far that morning and I'd let him know of anymore :D

Terrible I know... He's well able though!

Hahahah deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Aveen

Oh hated those message, I kept getting asked had I any pains yet? And been very pissed with these messages, my relpy was yes pains in my thumbs from texting back.

How's everyone this evening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭appledrop

Ah ladies don't know how your still hanging on in there. I would have been due this week but my little guy is 3 weeks old now + feels like a lifetime ago since I had him. Bestie your hilarious. In fairness now to your father in law my total labour lasted less than 3 hours so it is possible ha ha! Aveen don't know how you have even got this far with breastfed ding fair play to you. My little boy has finally put on more than his birth weight so we are delighted. Still have to feed him every 2 hours though so we are sleep deprived!

Enjoy fathers day tomorrow. I bought 3 different cards for my husband. Couldn't resist with it being the first one!

Hey appledrop, thanks regarding breastfeeding, can't believe the difference this time, but I'm combine feeding now and expressing to slowly dry milk up because it's effecting my first wee boy. My wee man is like your wanting to feed every two even with formula. Not sure it's helping with baby blues because I'm so tried too. I'm very happy I got this far and he's health & happy. And has gained some of his weight back.

Fingers cross some of you ladies are in labour, extra special father day.
    Can't wait to spoil hubby, he's be amazing helping & supporting me. Plus I got a fab push present.

Appledrop enjoy Father's Day and I hope you getting on well, I think we've hungry boys & if this guy like my last (fingers cross) I'll be happy. I hope the same for you too. My first is such a good eater & sleeper, has slept though the night from 6weeks. 18months later and he's still the same.

Well just a little check in from Clonmel hospital baby Andrew was born at 10.29 weighting a whopping 10lbs in still in shock here all happened so quick in the end xx

• Advertisement

Ahhhh betsie I'm lying here wide awake and literally just logged on!!!! HUGE congrats supermum, 10lbs, that's amazing, must have been quick in the end!!

Enjoy every second x

Brilliant news Betsie. Congratulations!!!! I'm delighted for you. Hope all went well!!

Was super quick in the end digs in still kinda in shock xx

Thanks LNH all went grand really can't complain, have a small tear and some piles after it 2 they are so uncomfortable

Well he was a big chap! And I may have mentioned before the exit route is not that big!!

Not many of us left now. And Digs you'll have your little one before you know it too.

I understand that feeling betsie, fast labours can leave you feeling a bit shocked, it feels a bit surreal! It's great you have it over with!

LNH I had myself convinced earlier this baby was never coming out but betsie has reminded me things can change in an instant! We'll get there :)

Ye will get there girls if I can go quick anyone can really xx I can't stop looking at him I had myself fully convinced it was another girl x hubby is beaming totally overt the moon so he is x my plan for an epidural went out the window xx

Ah Bestie, huge congrats to you. Delighted in the safe arrival of your handsome man. Looks after yourself and rest loads

Thanks aveen x think I need a holiday after that haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭appledrop

Ah congratulations Betsie. Cant believe he was 10 pounds + you had no epidual! I had a very quick labour aswell + got upset the next day with the shock of it all so just watch out for that.

Aveen thanks for the message. Apart from screaming the house down when his next bottle is due he is actually quite a good baby +doesn't cry for no reason. The 2 hour feeds are hard +trying to leave the house is like a military operation to get back in time for the next feed! We are holding out for the 6 weeks so let's hope he is as good as your little boy!

Advertisement