Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2016 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

appledrop wrote: »
    Ah congratulations Betsie. Cant believe he was 10 pounds + you had no epidual! I had a very quick labour aswell + got upset the next day with the shock of it all so just watch out for that.

My eyes watery every time I think about a 10lb baggy with just gas and air I needed 5 stitches but what bothering me more is the fecking piles, Dr reduced 3 of them 2just Kept popping back out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Delighted you had a good experience betsie, I felt the same after my 9lber with gas & air and you had a whole other pound on top of that, amazing!

I believe the piles can be very common, I had one a few weeks ago which has actually disappeared again thank god but the GP did say to make sure to tell the hosp etc and take all the drugs from them on discharge, suppositories etc hopefully it'll clear up for you soon!

Hope you're doing ok LHN and the other ladies left sitting? Hopefully you'll set off a roll of babies betsie! I want newborn hugs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭LNH666

Oh I have major ants in my pants today. Cannot sit still and really cranky. Poor husband is doing all he can. Heading out for a waddle round the park now to see if that settles me.

Just finished setting up the crib & monitor too.

I hear ya! My poor husband is having some Father's Day, up at 6 with herself, made me breakfast in bed and has been minding the pair of us since! Thank god for for him!

Hope the walk blows away the cobwebs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35 bonnie_

Congratulations Betsie that's great news! My EDD is tomorrow. Having some braxton hicks here this evening and baby is moving about loads. Hopefully it's a good sign that things will kick off over the next few days ☺

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭tt2014

Hey ladies, just back from a lovely meal out, if that feed doesnt induce labour nothing will :)

Betsie, just wow!! Well done, when im back on the bevvies i shall raise a glass to you and you other fabulous mummies :)

On a seperate note, did you see paid paternity leave for all fathers from the state just got approved today, about time too!!

The paid paternity leave doesn't come into effect til September babies I think. I know my husband looked into it but ended up taking unpaid leave -which has ended up being sick leave since he had the car crash -every cloud has a silver lining and all that!!!

My EDD is tomorrow too Bonnie and said as loads of practise contractions but not getting any hopes up.

My walk round the park really did me the world of good. Feeling much better.

I literally bounced on my ball for about two solid hours, legs were like jelly when I stood up! 5 days over today - bleh

There is a full moon tonight though so I'm holding out hope the old wives tale is true :D ya gotta have hope!!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Aveen

Bestie, I know how you feel regarding piles, they so painful, I ask doc in hostipal for meds and thanks god I did.

Positive thoughts of all awaiting mummies.

Gave my last breastfeed last night, have been expressing today, boobs are sore but hopefully ease, I'll drop the time expressing over next few days to dry up slowly. He'll have for a week to two weeks of breast milk :-)

Digs wrote: »
    I literally bounced on my ball for about two solid hours, legs were like jelly when I stood up! 5 days over today - bleh

There is a full moon tonight though so I'm holding out hope the old wives tale is true :D ya gotta have hope!!

I'm on my ball right now. Fingers crossed & pelvis open 😊😊😊
    Here's hoping there is something to do with the moon

• Advertisement

Still pregnant, stoopid full moon. I did have a lovely night of hallucinations, night sweats and sleeping for about 20 mins at a time! Score! Nah so ridiculously fed up at this stage, I need to wear a warning sign round my neck.

Good luck to any due date mams today, hopefully ye have better luck than me!

I was very crampy with pressure & feeling so ansty yesterday & into the night.

Woke up this morning still pregnant & not feeling anything.
    Apart from annoyed at texts .... Any news??? F*** off

I genuinely don't know what response people expect from those texts? I have no interest in idle chit chat about how I'm feeling. Soooooo cranky. I did get showered and dressed though so I'm feeling mighty smug with myself.

I have a hosp apt tomorrow, I said to my consultant two weeks ago if I saw him tomorrow I'd cry, I'm way past crying, I'll probably just be cranky! Poor fella!

Day on the ball and an effort at a walk.

My walk yesterday really did me so much good. I actually slept well last night too.

Yeah I'd say it did, I should be making more of an effort to be honest. I have herself at home today so need to make an effort to take her out anyway.

You were 100% LNH! Felt so much better after the walk. Came home, cleaned the fridge, oven, doors and floors. Baby is going nuts now, the pressure is absolutely unreal.

Hoping this is the elusive burst of energy before labour!!

You were 100% LNH! Felt so much better after the walk. Came home, cleaned the fridge, oven, doors and floors. Baby is going nuts now, the pressure is absolutely unreal.

Hoping this is the elusive burst of energy before labour!!

Oh I hope so. I got to Dollymount today and feel good. Just mowed the grass too .... Back to my ball now

Still sitting pretty here ladies. Hope some of you have landed in your babies by now!!!

Sitting waiting for a more detailed scan, consultant noticed at my apt babies tummy is measuring small for dates so have to check all is ok. Bit freaked as everything has been so smooth so far but trying to stay distracted.

Holles street is like a cattle mart, never seen it as packed. Full moon did something alright.

Talk about at the 13th hour Digs. I hope all is ok. I'll be thinking of you today. Just out of bloods in OPD in Rotunda same there tis packed.
    And now in the Mater with the husband for his review of the arm & ribs.

• Advertisement

Thanks LNH, pain in the neck, thought things were ticking along nicely but just hope she's alright.

Hope your husband gets on well. You'll be sick of hospitals by the end of the day!

Oh Digs, thinking of you, I had that few weeks ago, you can't help but worry.

Hope all appointment go well today ladies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Aw girls, really hope your babies make an appearance soon. Katie is a little pet, can't imagine life without her now. Her big brother has been very good with her. Always asking where she is and giving me her blanket,bibs etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Sitting waiting for a more detailed scan, consultant noticed at my apt babies tummy is measuring small for dates so have to check all is ok. Bit freaked as everything has been so smooth so far but trying to stay distracted.

Holles street is like a cattle mart, never seen it as packed. Full moon did something alright.
    Digs hope everything is OK. I'm sure it is. Let us know how you get on xx

Thanks so much girls. After much tooing and froing they have let me home thank god. I am absolutely exhausted. Not too much the wiser but the placenta and fluid are fine which are the main concerns at this stage. Her tummy was fine at the anomaly scan but is now measuring 35 weeks compared to her legs measuring 41 weeks!! I feel she is a long skinny baby.

They were discussing induction but as the the placenta is fine I asked to be left a bit longer so ill be back Friday for a scan again so they were happy to let me go if I am. Sounds mad as now more than ever I want this baby to arrive but I just want to give her a good chance at coming on her own!!

Shivers - delighted your son is so happy with his sister. Dying to see my pair in action too :)

Delighted your getting home Digs, but if you're like me, I wanted Baba out to ensure all was ok but also happy for him to stay because all was good.

All going well here, still expressing to dry up gradual, delighted he's still getting breast milk. Had PHN out today, he also back to birth weight so I'm happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Aw digs I wouldn't worry too much about it once baby is happy that's all that matters xx I don't believe everything from scans now either as I was told baby would be about 7.5lbs and he was 10lbs massive difference there like x positive thought to you and all the ladies still waiting, it's so worth it all in the end x

We came home today over the moon to be home and we are finally all together now to find out feet together and get used to 3 babies x

Don't really notice my stitches and my piles are still there still annoying but I'm coping, my platelets were low in hospital so I'm sent home on blood thinning injections which I have to give myself every morning for the next week as a precaution it's such a pain in the arse excuse the pun haha xx

Bestie, delighted you're home, enjoy you bundles and home comforts.

Yeah scan and measure are guidelines, in my first DS I was told 6.5lbs max and he was 8.85lbs. And second measure 37weeks at 39weeks and was told baby was very small, he was 7.3lbs which was a good weight. Doc says it depends on what way baby finding/ laying inside.

Positive vibes for birth for all waiting

Thanks girls, to be fair the sonographer was so lovely and put my mind at ease. She said at this stage it's a slow down in growth compared to earlier scans and measurements that raises flags as it can indicate placental or fluid issues. I can't fault Holles Street and the public system at all, it's comforting to know they've their eye on the ball! She estimated a weight of 8lbs which is perfect for 41 weeks but a bigger baby doesn't worry me in the slightest.

My husband brought out the big guns and made a big curry followed by a whole pineapple so I ate both to humour him while bouncing on the ball, bless his optimism. The pair of us are really anxious to meet this lassie now at this stage.

Betsie great to hear ye are home and all is going well. Absolutely dying to get going myself :)

• Advertisement

Long and skinny might mean easier on the way out Digs.... Always the silver lining. Betsie glad to hear you're home & well.

Advertisement