Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nat Series Races 2016

Options
  • 28-09-2015 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

16/04/2016 North Tipp Sprint Sprint Nenagh Tipperary Intervarsity Champs
    24/04/2016 Sligo Tri Pool Sprint Triathlon Sprint Sligo Sligo
    22/05/2016 Tri 795 Carlow Sprint Carlow Carlow
    29/05/2016 The Gauntlet Half Iron Middle Galway Galway
    05/06/2016 Up the Creek Sprint Kilrush Clare
    11/06/2016 Fastnet Eurospar Triathlon Sprint Schull, Cork Cork
    11/06/2016 Westport Triathlon Sprint Westport Sligo
    19/06/2016 Firmus Energy City of Derry Sprint Derry City Derry
    25/06/2016 Hell of the West Standard Kilkee Clare National Champs
    10/07/2016 Wicklow Town Black Castle Standard Wicklow Town Wicklow
    16/07/2016 Two Proviences Sprint Lanesboro Longford National Champs
    23/07/2016 King of the Hill Sprint Kinsale Cork
    23/07/2016 Top of the Mourne Standard Rostrevor Down
    09/07/2016 I Tri 2016 Sprint Ennis Clare
    31/07/2016 Loughrea Sprint Triathlon Sprint Loughrea Galway
    31/07/2016 Belfast Titanic Triathlon Standard Belfast Belfast
    06/08/2016 Sligo Triathlon Standard Hazelwood Sligo
    13/08/2016 Caroline Kearney Standard Mullingar Westmeath
    13/08/2016 Lough Neagh Triathlon Sprint Ballyronan Londonderry
    20/08/2016 Tri the Hook Sprint Fethard on Sea Wexford
    28/08/2016 Vodafone Dublin City Triathlon Standard Phoenix Park Dublin
    03/09/2016 The Lost Sheep Middle Kenmare Kerry National Champs
    10/09/2016 Blacksod Point Challenge Triathlon Standard Belmullet Mayo
    11/09/2016 Jailbreak Triathlon Standard Cork Cork
    17/09/2016 Pulse Port Beach Triathlon Sprint Clogherhead Louth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

At last they have seen the light regarding Athy.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭toomuchdetail

Great to see Nenagh back where it belongs , delighted too that Westport got our NS again .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

A new race from Wicklow Town... presume its Wicklow Tri Club, anyone have info?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

It's about bloody time Lanesboro got the national Sprint champs. Longford being the spiritual home of triathlon in Ireland and all that :);)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sporteamon3

Good to see dates for NS races published so early. As one season finishes time to start planning the next.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Kurt_Godel wrote: »
    A new race from Wicklow Town... presume its Wicklow Tri Club, anyone have info?

Came on to look for info on that. Handy one for not having to travel far/stay overnight for an olympic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Came on to look for info on that. Handy one for not having to travel far/stay overnight for an olympic

I can think of another one but you never show up!!

EC1000 wrote: »
    I can think of another one but you never show up!!

On my list. I keep giving money I don't have away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

A kick in the nuts to Challenge Galway organisers. U want to run tris of all distance the same weekend as HOTW ...We will give them the Nat Champs

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Fiftyplus

Disappointing to see Dunmore East losing NS status, not surprised at Athy though - shocking organisation this year. Wicklow looks interesting - any info?

• Advertisement

Fiftyplus wrote: »
    Disappointing to see Dunmore East losing NS status, not surprised at Athy though - shocking organisation this year. Wicklow looks interesting - any info?

Agree about Dunmore East, great race.

Scratching my head about who is organising the Wicklow race. I asked a couple of Wicklow Tri members about it tonight and they hadn't heard anything about it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

mightyily impressed with that list for a few reasons
    1) Great to see N Tipp Sprint get NS again. given it hasn't run last 2 years it pretty much guarantees it will have to next year
    2)great to see Nat Champs back at Kilkee.
    3)Lost Sheep NC again. Proper Order

might make 2 out of the 3 of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭loudeac

Agree about Dunmore East, great race.

Scratching my head about who is organising the Wicklow race. I asked a couple of Wicklow Tri members about it tonight and they hadn't heard anything about it.

As far as the gossip ,its in wicklow harbour ,run the murragh bike probably south bound coast road . NS in its first year ????

loudeac wrote: »
    As far as the gossip ,its in wicklow harbour ,run the murragh bike probably south bound coast road . NS in its first year ????

Any gossip on who is organising it? (The Sporting Proud crowd perhaps?)

The R750 south is a great spin. Coming back via the old N11? Very little traffic now the new motorway opened. More clothesline jabbering;)

With it being NS, I assumed Wicklow Tri were organising, it seems a safer bet to give a NS race to a club in its first year than a commercial entity.

With it being NS, I assumed Wicklow Tri were organising, it seems a safer bet to give a NS race to a club in its first year than a commercial entity.

Must be Wicklow Tri. They are playing their cards close to their chest!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

A kick in the nuts to Challenge Galway organisers. U want to run tris of all distance the same weekend as HOTW ...We will give them the Nat Champs

Mah, if anything I think its a good thing. The whole festival of tris things tends to result in farcial organisation of a good few of them. Maybe this way they bin the sprint and olympic and focus on the LC

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

This looks like a great list overall. One big surprise for me is Dunmore East being out. Maybe the bike course cost them? Out and back on open road?? dare I mention the D word?

Tri the Hook was a million times better this year than last and I had kind of settled in my mind that the NS last year didn't suit them. Only fault this year was the crossover (Run crosses bike course - IMO and accident waiting to happen). And Kurt - the swim was full length (or even longer).

Looks like TI finally listened to opinion about Athy. Too much being tried there on one day. Serious negative feedback this year. Very interesting to see what numbers they get this year.

Wicklow is a mystery by the looks of it.

it seems a safer bet to give a NS race to a club in its first year than a commercial entity.

pretty sure they gave cutra NS in it's first year

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

Interesting that they have also announced the Hardman as the long distance national champs (but not NS).

• Advertisement

Must be Wicklow Tri. They are playing their cards close to their chest!

Not Wicklow Tri. Looking forward to it in any case.

mossym wrote: »
    pretty sure they gave cutra NS in it's first year

Yeah they did, was thinking of that as I posted.

tunney wrote: »
    Mah, if anything I think its a good thing. The whole festival of tris things tends to result in farcial organisation of a good few of them. Maybe this way they bin the sprint and olympic and focus on the LC

I agree Dave...It bothers me when they try to do this. Hopefully they bin the sprint\olympic. I wonder what's happening with Tri Athome now. No mention of it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

BTH wrote: »
    It's about bloody time Lanesboro got the national Sprint champs. Longford being the spiritual home of triathlon in Ireland and all that :);)

And i hear it has the best looking athletes as well;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

Not sure about that - Id have gone with 'the most visable athletes' since BTH has been spotted from space based on his highly illuminating humour and skin :)

In addition to that am happy to see this race as NC sprint: safe, fast, well managed and marshaled.

Isn't lanes boro the draft capital of Ireland :) hopefully the no of waves will sort that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Isn't lanes boro the draft capital of Ireland :) hopefully the no of waves will sort that out.

There was no drafting anywhere near me this year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Ya but that's the Roscommon side;)

BTH wrote: »
    There was no drafting anywhere near me this year anyway.

said he with a sly smile on his face...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭griffin100

Would there be much of a crossover between entrants for the HOTW, especially as Nat Champs and the Challenge race? Personally I wouldn't have thought so and imagine both will sell out.

On NS status in first years the 2015 Carlow Tri was in its first year and got NS.

Advertisement