Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nat Series Races 2016

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

griffin100 wrote: »
    Would there be much of a crossover between entrants for the HOTW, especially as Nat Champs and the Challenge race? Personally I wouldn't have thought so and imagine both will sell out.

On NS status in first years the 2015 Carlow Tri was in its first year and got NS.

Indeed it was and it was a very well put together event by Racing, i'd expect nothing less from that club !

No sign of Joey Hannan there for either distance. It wouldn't be right for me to comment re Athy.

Is IM Dublin 70.3 a TI sanctioned event ? If so glad Lost Sheep got the Nat Champs and not them.

Also a nice mix of races nationwide as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

No sign of Joey Hannan there for either distance. It wouldn't be right for me to comment re Athy.

Joey Hannon wasn't NS last year either. given it's run by the smae club as HotW it's probably only fair to give them one race rather than two

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Is IM Dublin 70.3 a TI sanctioned event ? If so glad Lost Sheep got the Nat Champs and not them.

Why?

Why?

Smaller club run event that is better priced and has a proven track record as a race.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Tell that to Wicklow Tri Club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

MojoMaker wrote: »

??

They decided not to run "beast" for specific reasons i won't go into here. Anyone who knows them will know the reason and it wasn't IM.

Just an observation on the topic of smaller club-run well-priced events with good track records being overlooked in favour of unproven commercial ventures on that club's doorstep.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Just an observation on the topic of smaller club-run well-priced events with good track records being overlooked in favour of unproven commercial ventures on that club's doorstep.

You're sounding like tunney now with your riddles. ;)

Which race is the reason Beast of the East didn't go ahead this year? It's back next year I thought?

Not at all, I'm just curious how a breakaway group was recognised by TI and handed not just a sanctioned race but a NS race on the doorstep of WTC?

I'm not gonna say bad form as I don't know the ins & outs, but quite curious how this development came about. As it's one of the few east coast events next year it will be popular I'm sure, and a cracking location.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

ah ok I thought you were talking about something that happened this year. BotE can still go ahead...Wicklow is big enough for two..

Love to see BOTE back on the calendar - cracking race.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

They decided not to run "beast" for specific reasons i won't go into here. Anyone who knows them will know the reason and it wasn't IM.

No it wasn't IM and it isn't anything sinister. Either stirring or misinformed.

Oh agreed !

tunney wrote: »
    No it wasn't IM and it isn't anything sinister. Either stirring or misinformed.

Agreed it wasn't IM at all and neither was it sinister. Not stirring or misinformed as i worked at the event in 2014 and was given the reason for no 2015 by the 2014 race director.

Just not a topic to be discusses here, pop me a PM and i'll tell you what i was told !

Advertisement