Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

motor insurance or not

• 28-09-2015 5:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi all,
    got a gripe I would like to share and maybe even get some feedback. My van was off the road since mid '14 as a result of my driving into a flood. Over the next few months (and more) I slowly kept trying to 'sort it out' (It would not start). It was turning over and I had established that no major mechanical damage had occured.
    Now I don't want this to turn into a motoring discussion so enough on that. Eventually I managed to get it tested and recently have tried to renew my insurance on it. :confused: This is where I get lost!
    Because I did not declare the van off the road AXA will not allow me quote/ renew it. If I had known back then I was going to take that long to fix it I may have done so. But as I am self employed I was only able to 'go at it' as when the back pocket allows. (Not getting into a discussion about garages and fleecing etc etc). Furthermore got a newsletter today from AXA today saying they love vans... , went online got a quote and when they enquired where my no claims was I told them it was with them then the phone went quite ...oops sorry....:rolleyes:
    Has anyone heard of this?
    One more , I know someone who was refused insurance from AXA and sought a quote through AIB and guess what they got it and the best laugh is its underwritten by AXA:eek:
    What is the country coming to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Your last insurer is obliged to offer you a quotation. Stand your ground and don't be fobbed off. If they persist, contact the Declined Cases Committee in the Irish Insurance Federation. They will compel them

Advertisement