Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

baby bundle & beep twist

Options
  • 28-09-2015 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all,

We're pregnant with our first child and were thinking of getting the new baby bundle from baby elegance.

Just wondering if any one had got this before and if they had any problems with it?

Especially interested in the buggy that comes with it, the beep twist. Would deffo like some feedback on that.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

My sister got this package last year. She was very happy with the buggy looked nice to me. She had major problems with the car seat though as they told her it would fit her car, she paid extra for isofix, but it didn't and they were very difficult returning her money. She had to go out and spend 400 on a new seat.

I didn't go for it myself asi thought some items looked cheap, and i really didn't like the colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭GSOIRL

Pullover wrote: »
    Hi all,

We're pregnant with our first child and were thinking of getting the new baby bundle from baby elegance.

Just wondering if any one had got this before and if they had any problems with it?

Especially interested in the buggy that comes with it, the beep twist. Would deffo like some feedback on that.

Thanks!

We got the package and my wife is very happy with everything bar the bottles. I am not as convinced about a few of the things (but she's the boss so we're happy ;). However I think the buggy is really good. It seems very sturdy and is pretty light. Have no complaints about it. Also the car seat is great. Again it is super light. The only problem is the isofix base is €100 and only works with the baby seat you get. So once the baby grows out of the seat we'll have to buy a new seat and a new isofix base. If you've and specific questions about certain bits please feel free to contact me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I looked at it and it doesn't seem like great value but it does save a lot of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

GSOIRL wrote: »
    We got the package and my wife is very happy with everything bar the bottles. I am not as convinced about a few of the things (but she's the boss so we're happy ;). However I think the buggy is really good. It seems very sturdy and is pretty light. Have no complaints about it. Also the car seat is great. Again it is super light. The only problem is the isofix base is €100 and only works with the baby seat you get. So once the baby grows out of the seat we'll have to buy a new seat and a new isofix base. If you've and specific questions about certain bits please feel free to contact me.

There are very few bases that work for multiple seats so almost everyone either buys a new base or gets a belted car seat when their child outgrows the infant carrier.

It's very hard to know what your child will need in 2 yrs time, you could change cars, need a seat for a child minder, budget etc. you'd have no idea whether a certain seat would suit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

I know nothing about this buggy so advice may be invalid but if you think you'll have a second child consider a buggy that can change to a double (I know your wife is only pregnant with your first but we got a fancy one for our first and then had to buy a whole new one that can take one or two children - city select)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

We looked into it at the time, didn't seem great value.

The big items included ...

Travel system - you're better to research them and find your own one that suits your needs.

Cot - IKEA have a great sturdy one for around €60. And I'm pretty sure the Baby Elegance ones have drop sides, which aren't the safest.

High chair - again the IKEA Antilop is as good as you can get, and for only around €20 or so (less secondhand.)

Everything else included in the package is readily available elsewhere. All in all, €999 is actually quite a lot to be spending for what's in there. Better to do your own research, and buy what you need as and when you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I wouldn't get a bundle of stuff. You won't know what will be useful to you until the baby comes. I breastfed mainly, so only ever used one or two bottles. I picked them up very cheaply in a sale. We got lots of gifts like gro bags, I treated myself to a nice changing bag and we got our car seat and base in a blitz sale for half the price. Lots of the 'I swear by this' things I never used, and there's things I found brilliant and would not be without that others would have ditched. If like us people like siblings or parents are asking what you'd like, ask for vouchers or for them to contribute towards a specific purchase like a cot.

As an aside, Ikea is brilliant for cheap and good quality baby furniture and bits like the highchair. Our antilop has been through two kids and is still almost perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I agree with the others, the bundle isn't great value and will have things you don't need.

Travel systems can be a bit of a faff in the first place, as they come in loads of parts, can be awkward and require storage space for all the various bits and pieces as the baby grows out of them. A fully-reclining buggy that the baby can lie in from birth is generally very practical, unless you have oceans of storage space and a full time helper who can assemble and disassemble the system while you hold the baby. From going out with my friends and their babies, I had my daughter in her buggy, ready and waiting to go a few minutes before they had things out of the car and put together.

Ask your friends or family if they have baby equipment they are not using anymore. The amount of people who have bassinets and baby baths in their attic is mad. Babies only use those for a few weeks.

People will offer to get you things as well, and be genuinely put out if you ask for money instead. hold that money for when the child is older if you can. I used a family cot, my brothers bought me a high chair, my husband's family got us a carseat. The things we bought ourselves were the next carseat up, a bed, their first bike.

And consider secondhand (not for mattresses or car-seat). When you think of all the barely used baby equipment that ends up in attics and landfill, for people to buy more of the same thing again... A quick look on adverts or done deal and you will see absolutely piles of immaculate baby things.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Caher123

pwurple wrote: »
    I agree with the others, the bundle isn't great value and will have things you don't need.

Travel systems can be a bit of a faff in the first place, as they come in loads of parts, can be awkward and require storage space for all the various bits and pieces as the baby grows out of them. A fully-reclining buggy that the baby can lie in from birth is generally very practical, unless you have oceans of storage space and a full time helper who can assemble and disassemble the system while you hold the baby. From going out with my friends and their babies, I had my daughter in her buggy, ready and waiting to go a few minutes before they had things out of the car and put together.

Ask your friends or family if they have baby equipment they are not using anymore. The amount of people who have bassinets and baby baths in their attic is mad. Babies only use those for a few weeks.

People will offer to get you things as well, and be genuinely put out if you ask for money instead. hold that money for when the child is older if you can. I used a family cot, my brothers bought me a high chair, my husband's family got us a carseat. The things we bought ourselves were the next carseat up, a bed, their first bike.

And consider secondhand (not for mattresses or car-seat). When you think of all the barely used baby equipment that ends up in attics and landfill, for people to buy more of the same thing again... A quick look on adverts or done deal and you will see absolutely piles of immaculate baby things.

Hi,

Any recommendations for a reclining buggy that can be used for new born. I can borrow an awkward travel system from my sister but considering buying something that is easier to maneuver, doesnt take up too much space, but it also need to be suitable for country road
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Caher123 wrote: »
    Hi,

Any recommendations for a reclining buggy that can be used for new born. I can borrow an awkward travel system from my sister but considering buying something that is easier to maneuver, doesnt take up too much space, but it also need to be suitable for country road
    Thanks

I liked the Out n about nipper. It's a three wheeler that reclines flat. It's been fine through forests, and turns on it's own axis. There are others too. If you go to a buggy shop and ask them for a fully reclining buggy they will be able to show you the options. Then onto the internet for a second-hand one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Caher123 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks

Baby jogger city mini is amazing from birth. Out and about can be used from birth also and I've only heard good things about it. We choose the baby jogger as the seat sits up at more of a right angle than the nippers. The seat also seems slightly bigger than the nipper. Both great buggies.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Caher123

Great thank you pwurple and Sligo1 for recommendations will take a look at both

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The out n about nipper is amazing. It is light and can go anywhere:)
    If you want something just for the shops and don't really walk the Petit Zia is not expensive, and as far as strollers go very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭sm213

If you want a simple travel system the graco one is nice.
    Car seat just clicks into buggy rather than lots of detachable parts.
    That buggy is sturdy too and I think lies flat for longer periods out and about.
    My mam got it when my 8 year old brother was born and used it for the 3 year old too.
    They had to get a new light one this year as by that stage it was destroyed. But they are both quite heavy.
    Both have ASD and will run away very easily so was safer to keep in buggy when they were that age.
    I noticed everyone had a maxi cosi this year.
    In the birth cert office we were the only ones with something different out of about 7 babies. They might be something to look at too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I got the Hauck speed buggy in the last Aldi baby event for €44, there are probably some left in some stores. It's lovely and lightweight and is suitable from birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I know few people who have it and love the buggy! I think it's great value and you can buy an out n about/city mini later guilt free because it's soooo cheap. I wouldn't buy that bundle but they do let you tailor your own bundle eg swap Moses basket for glider crib, upgrade the cot bed etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I know few people who have it and love the buggy! I think it's great value and you can buy an out n about/city mini later guilt free because it's soooo cheap. I love the pram part of it....it is suitable for overnight sleeping and the head section can be brought up if baby has reflux. I wouldn't buy that bundle but they do let you tailor your own bundle eg swap Moses basket for glider crib, upgrade the cot bed etc.

Advertisement