Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band 4

Options
  • 28-09-2015 7:31pm

Coming out October 6th for XB1 and PS4

All dlc songs will carry over (360 - XB1 and PS3 - PS4) including if you exported over songs from RB 1, 2 and Lego rockband. No word on songs from RB3.

Old instruments will work. The game will be slightly more expensive on XB1 because it will come with an adapter.

I loved RB2 and RB3. Music games did need to take a break but after a few years, I'm looking forward to it.

Nothing better than having a few mates around playing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Getting this myself the song list us fairly poor compare to older rock band games. To be fair there is better songs to pick from in Guitar hero live (Also pre ordered)

I am going into this not expacting much as by the looks of it the DLC is done complete as ways. PS4 and xbox one get there own songs when you pre order digital while from amazon total different songs again I would have rather if they put the songs on the disc then having it this way.

I know they have a way smaller budget then they did last gen as there indie Dev now. But on less there is going to be good DLC I not going to expact much.

Getting this myself the song list us fairly poor compare to older rock band games. To be fair there is better songs to pick from in Guitar hero live (Also pre ordered)

I am going into this not expacting much as by the looks of it the DLC is done complete as ways. PS4 and xbox one get there own songs when you pre order digital while from amazon total different songs again I would have rather if they put the songs on the disc then having it this way.

I know they have a way smaller budget then they did last gen as there indie Dev now. But on less there is going to be good DLC I not going to expact much.

I agree about it being a poor song list but I think they kind of shot themselves in the foot releasing so many good songs as DLC over the years which could have been used as songs on disc in future games.

It was announced yesterday that U2 will feature in the game for the first time.

I agree about it being a poor song list but I think they kind of shot themselves in the foot releasing so many good songs as DLC over the years which could have been used as songs on disc in future games.

That is ture but they could have had the U2 songs as a major selling point if they where on thearth disc.

As must of the Rock bands now you would class them more so emo music rock band 4 has a very poor set of that while guitar hero list of stuff is crazy good.

The only song I won't to play on rock band 4 is uptown funk lol as will even have a microphone set up and play both on hard if you won't something fun to play ;).

That is ture but they could have had the U2 songs as a major selling point if they where on thearth disc.

As must of the Rock bands now you would class them more so emo music rock band 4 has a very poor set of that while guitar hero list of stuff is crazy good.

The only song I won't to play on rock band 4 is uptown funk lol as will even have a microphone set up and play both on hard if you won't something fun to play ;).

U2 will be on disc.

Whats putting me off GH is that its going back to being just guitar and I have a good few of the songs already through RB dlc.

U2 will be on disc.

Whats putting me off GH is that its going back to being just guitar and I have a good few of the songs already through RB dlc.

I tought it was DLC as they said it was didn't they ?.

Just guitar dosint really make much of a difference to me as I have 2 sets of drums and never use them as I don't like sitting down playing the games. As I like to jump around the place when I play lol.

The new play style with the new guitar on guitar is something new to play and I like the idea of guitar hero TV as you never know what songs at random you might be playing as that is something that I like big time.

Same on the ps3 I have like 70 or 80 songs while the xbox 360 I have about 40. But planing on spending like 20 euros on DLC when I get rock band 4. As there quite a lot of good stuff for 79c or so on the store

• Advertisement

I tought it was DLC as they said it was didn't they ?.

Just guitar dosint really make much of a difference to me as I have 2 sets of drums and never use them as I don't like sitting down playing the games. As I like to jump around the place when I play lol.

The new play style with the new guitar on guitar is something new to play and I like the idea of guitar hero TV as you never know what songs at random you might be playing as that is something that I like big time.

Same on the ps3 I have like 70 or 80 songs while the xbox 360 I have about 40. But planing on spending like 20 euros on DLC when I get rock band 4. As there quite a lot of good stuff for 79c or so on the store

Reading eurogamer it sounds as if they'll be on disc.

A lot of RB for me is playing offline and online with mates so I think I will skip GH and just go with RB4.

I think I have something like 110 DLC songs not including RB1, 2 and lego imports :D

U2 are confirmed to be on disc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Wish the drums had the symbols that Guitar Hero had, but will still buy it.

Interesting that harmonix are still saying they are looking into if you'll be able to export the RB3 setlist to RB4.

I thought they said a while ago it wouldnt be possible but I must be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I've tonnes of DLC for the Rockband games, but this edition is not grabbing me as must buy at all.

At least Guitar Hero are trying something new with the live feel of playing in front of a crowd. From what i've seen of the song list, RB is very disapointing

• Advertisement

Guitar hero where getting a new guitar and a full new game rock band 4 us just 3 with better grafics

Guitar hero where getting a new guitar and a full new game rock band 4 us just 3 with better grafics

Taking out the full band is a big step backwards imo though.

And for me, I sold my 360 so to have all my songs back on next gen is great.

Anyway lets not get into a tit for tat about the games :D We obv have different reasons for liking each game.

Is the GH/RB forum closed? Just says I dont have permission to access it when I click on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Any place other than Gamestop selling this in Ireland? They're charging €169.99 for the guitar bundle and as much as I want the game I ain't giving them that. Have it ordered on Amazon and its roughly €15 cheaper with parcel motel I think but would rather just walk in somewhere and pick it up. Got in contact with smyths but they wouldn't/couldn't tell me if they are getting it in.

Ideally Id like to get it digitally on the Xbox one but since you can't buy the guitar separate until at least next year, I'm kinda stuck. I know amazon.com are selling the legacy adapter separately but I don't see it on amazon.co.uk.

mailrewop wrote: »
    Any place other than Gamestop selling this in Ireland? They're charging €169.99 for the guitar bundle and as much as I want the game I ain't giving them that. Have it ordered on Amazon and its roughly €15 cheaper with parcel motel I think but would rather just walk in somewhere and pick it up. Got in contact with smyths but they wouldn't/couldn't tell me if they are getting it in.

Ideally Id like to get it digitally on the Xbox one but since you can't buy the guitar separate until at least next year, I'm kinda stuck. I know amazon.com are selling the legacy adapter separately but I don't see it on amazon.co.uk.

The adapter comes with the xbox one standard version.

I emailed smyths and they said they wont be selling it.

On Amazon.co.uk it says its out of stock.

Looks like ill have to get the standard edition with adapter through gamestop :(

Do gamestop charge when the game is despatched or straight away cause I honestly could see the game being delayed over here at the last minute?

Looks like ill have to get the standard edition with adapter through gamestop :(

Do gamestop charge when the game is despatched or straight away cause I honestly could see the game being delayed over here at the last minute?

GameStop charge when the game is despatched it used to be like that when i last ordered from them. You will get the game on release date with gamestop if you pre order with them.

And your right i could see this being delayed her at the last min as its post to be out now next week right ?. And really no stores even amazon have a clue about anything about the game to be fair. Its Currently unavailable to pre order for the xbox one at the min on amazon that is not a good sign at all.

GameStop charge when the game is despatched it used to be like that when i last ordered from them. You will get the game on release date with gamestop if you pre order with them.

And your right i could see this being delayed her at the last min as its post to be out now next week right ?. And really no stores even amazon have a clue about anything about the game to be fair. Its Currently unavailable to pre order for the xbox one at the min on amazon that is not a good sign at all.

I think if youre getting the standalone game on ps4 you should be grand but xb1 games with the adapter seems to be the problem.

Amazon.com (the only place selling the adapter on its own) dont even have a dispatch date yet for the adapter.

I was hoping to digital so I wouldn't have to worry about having the disc in the xbox, could just boot it up if I got in the mood :pac:

I'm torn at the minute as I'd like the new guitar but it is a bit much. I have my GHWT guitar to use if I just get the game and adapter but its getting on in years and I'll put hours and hours into rockband so a new guitar would be nice.

I was hoping to digital so I wouldn't have to worry about having the disc in the xbox, could just boot it up if I got in the mood :pac:

I'm torn at the minute as I'd like the new guitar but it is a bit much. I have my GHWT guitar to use if I just get the game and adapter but its getting on in years and I'll put hours and hours into rockband so a new guitar would be nice.

Id like to go digital myself but can only get the adapter on its own through Amazon (America) or the Madcatz website.

I still have the full Beatles set and George Harrison guitar in great nick so thankfully dont need any new instruments.

Release date has been pushed back to October 15th in Australia.

The xbox edition is showing up as unavailable on amazon uk.

The xbox adapter is sold out on the european madcatz website.

Think ill just pre order with gamestop and hope for the best.

• Advertisement

I love Rock Band but releases have never gone great for them in my experience whether its them not producing enough or shops not willing to get it in. When Rock Band 2 came out I got it in xtravision and I think they only had 2 copies from what I could see on shelf. I think there was a good bit more Rock Band 3 copies in shops but when it was sold out I don't remember seeing that many come back in, took me awhile to get the keyboard although that was waste as I just stuck to the guitar.

I love Rock Band but releases have never gone great for them in my experience whether its them not producing enough or shops not willing to get it in. When Rock Band 2 came out I got it in xtravision and I think they only had 2 copies from what I could see on shelf. I think there was a good bit more Rock Band 3 copies in shops but when it was sold out I don't remember seeing that many come back in, took me awhile to get the keyboard although that was waste as I just stuck to the guitar.

That's true.

I don't think that pro guitar ever came out over here

Rock band 3 was the only one I walked in on release day and got. Remember waiting a while for RB 2 to come back in stock.

DLC songs can be downloaded now on XBL ahead of release of the game.

Go to games - coming soon - rock band 4 - add ons.

Thankfully DLC I already had is coming up as free to download.

DLC ready for download on ps4 now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Gonna have to buy an Xbox One just for all my DLC. And also ship my pro drums over to me.

The things I do to pretend I'm a rockstar.

Some songs I own can't be installed unless I pay for them again but I think it's because I bought rock band song pack 2 on disc and they were on that. Bit disappointing if I have to pay for them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Argos are selling it as well. It is listed as €70 for both consoles in their gaming leaflet in store. The XB1 version will probably go up to €90 due to the adapter. Best bet is to buy the standard version and get a second hand wireless GH/RB guitar from CEX if you don't already have one.

A lot of dlc songs have been on sale for a good while but will go back to full price on October 6th.

On Xbone they are showing up as full price but if you still have a 360 you can go to the RB store on it to get the songs still on sale.

I presume its the same on playstation.

A lot of dlc songs have been on sale for a good while but will go back to full price on October 6th.

On Xbone they are showing up as full price but if you still have a 360 you can go to the RB store on it to get the songs still on sale.

I presume its the same on playstation.

Perfect going to waste 20 euros on songs later lol

• Advertisement

Some songs I own can't be installed unless I pay for them again but I think it's because I bought rock band song pack 2 on disc and they were on that. Bit disappointing if I have to pay for them again.

Was there a way of exporting the pack on to your hard drive at the time or could you only play off disc?

Advertisement