Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School-paid hours... how much to expect?

• 28-09-2015 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on a subject for me please - I'm an NQT on a 14 hour RPT contract, and on top of that I also have 3.5 hours of "school-paid" teaching per week, which I'm not contracted for.

I was told I was only going to be paid for the school-paid hours for the weeks that I'm actually teaching them, so no holiday pay etc.

I've reached a point now where I'm feeling a bit financially strapped and I'm trying to do up a budget so I know exactly how I'm gonna pay the bills - does anyone know how much you make for school-paid hours? I'm an NQT on the very first point of the salary scale.

If I knew how much to expect for those hours (I already know how to work out the RPT hours) it would be a great help in setting my mind at ease.

Thanks a lot if you can help :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

deex wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on a subject for me please - I'm an NQT on a 14 hour RPT contract, and on top of that I also have 3.5 hours of "school-paid" teaching per week, which I'm not contracted for.

I was told I was only going to be paid for the school-paid hours for the weeks that I'm actually teaching them, so no holiday pay etc.

I've reached a point now where I'm feeling a bit financially strapped and I'm trying to do up a budget so I know exactly how I'm gonna pay the bills - does anyone know how much you make for school-paid hours? I'm an NQT on the very first point of the salary scale.

If I knew how much to expect for those hours (I already know how to work out the RPT hours) it would be a great help in setting my mind at ease.

Thanks a lot if you can help :)

So these are privately paid hours?

Answer: no one knows. Some schools will pay you at the point you are on on the pay scale, some will pay you the qualified teacher rate used for subbing. You'll have to ask in the school.

Advertisement