Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are FG/Labour using increment delays to claim they are restoring PS pay?

Options
  • 28-09-2015 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭

Embedded in Haddington Road are increment delays for public servants.

Taking myself, as a pre-2011 teacher, without these delays I would currently be on an annual salary which is €1356 greater than my current salary since 01 September 2015.

I do not receive this salary until 01 March 2016. . . So that's a loss of €678.

Now on 01 September 2016 my salary would have risen by €1796 without Haddington Road. . . But I will not receive this until 01 June 2017. . . Some nine months later.

This is a loss of €1347 giving a total loss of €2025.

The only pay restoration for me, and 80% of the public sector, is a pay "rise" of €1000 on 01 September 2017 whilst I keep working Croke Park/Haddington Road.

This means my pay "rise" comes to MINUS €1025

Surely this is a con?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭GSOIRL

Alex Meier wrote: »

Taking myself, as a pre-2011 teacher, without these delays I would currently be on an annual salary which is €1356 greater than my current salary since 01 September 2015.

Now on 01 September 2016 my salary would have risen by €1796 without Haddington Road. . . But I will not receive this until 01 June 2017. . . Some nine months later.

The only pay restoration for me, and 80% of the public sector, is a pay "rise" of €1000 on 01 September 2017 whilst I keep working Croke Park/Haddington Road.

Surely this is a con?

The treatment of teachers by FG/Labour has been disgraceful and the Unions have not stood up to them strongly enough (especially the INTO who seem to be their spokespeople) If you think the figures you have shown are bad think about the teachers who qualified post 2012. In the first year of working they will be paid roughly €8,500 less than an equally qualified and experienced teacher who qualified pre 2011. This continues every year meaning that a teacher who has been lucky enough to be employed since qualifying in 2012 is currently down just under €25,000 in their 3 years of employment.

Vote NO to LRA. The discrimination of new teachers has to end.

Figures and other information is from Equal Pay for NQTs Facebook page and Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Surely this is a con?

I already posted about this in the other thread. Your maths are wrong. You should update the figures.

Not that I don't disagree about increment freezes being crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭acequion

Absolutely outlandish. Thanks so much to both posters for highlighting this!

And for those who vote what the Govt want with the new JC and the LR agreement, maybe you really should think again! For all our sakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

I posted a link to the INTO documents supporting a yes vote in another thread. They also include the s&s money as an increase. Both of these are due anyway.

Actually I looked there they include the increments separately not as part of the increase but they do include s&s doc is here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Alex Meier

I already posted about this in the other thread. Your maths are wrong. You should update the figures.

Not that I don't disagree about increment freezes being crap.

Increment delays are pay cuts. . . I can do up the full amount on an Excel spreadsheet and will post here when I do so.

• Advertisement

I posted a link to the INTO documents supporting a yes vote in another thread. They clearly factor in the increments as pay rises. They also include the s&s money as an increase. Both of these are due anyway.

Forget the INTO. . shower of muppets.

Folks,there might be a slight discrepancy in yer figures but what comes across crystal clear is that indeed increment freezes are a stealth pay cut.

I was due one this Sept,the first in about three years as I'm on one of the plateaux. So does that mean I have to wait until March to get it?

It needs to be borne in mind that in the LRA there is no clear date for the ending of increment delays.

There is a vague reference to this but no detail is supplied.

Forget the INTO. . shower of muppets.

I don't disagree entirely. As I said before people tend to look at this kind of thing when considering how to vote.

Increment delays are pay cuts. . . I can do up the full amount on an Excel spreadsheet and will post here when I do so.

I did my figures on a spreadsheet

• Advertisement

acequion wrote: »
    Folks,there might be a slight discrepancy in yer figures but what comes across crystal clear is that indeed increment freezes are a stealth pay cut.

I was due one this Sept,the first in about three years as I'm on one of the plateaux. So does that mean I have to wait until March to get it?

ya, i'm on the same, we're getting it in March.

I m on an 18month delay. So I lose a year's increment over three years. I'm not sure on progression up the scale after the agreement ends - i.e. do ii still reach point 25 after 22 years if is started on point 3 or do I have to do an extra year to reach the top.

The devil is in the detail. Unfortunately there is no detail in the LRA

I m on an 18month delay. So I lose a year's increment over three years. I'm not sure on progression up the scale after the agreement ends - i.e. do ii still reach point 25 after 22 years if is started on point 3 or do I have to do an extra year to reach the top.

The devil is in the detail. Unfortunately there is no detail in the LRA

Assuming that increments return to normal after the two delayed increments :rolleyes: with two 18 month increments, you have lost 1 year moving up the incremental scale. So it will take you 23 years to reach the top of the scale instead of 22.

So it will take you a year longer to be eligible for the long service allowance too.

For most of us (I'd imagine) it will take 22.5 years instead of 23.

So indeed another stealth pay cut. Not what you'll hear about in the Sindo or on Joe! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

We are promised these back in HRA and also those who got FEMPI cuts all have dates. So why do we need an agreement to give us back what has been promised?? I cant wait for politicians to roll up looking fir votes when they voted yes to cutting my pay in Fempi legislation and now wont abide by the agreement to give it back....

Advertisement