Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That Time of Year Again....What Will You Buy??

Options
  • 28-09-2015 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭

So it's that time of year, Q4 when new big games are being released almost every week between now and Christmas. Just wondering what games everyone will be buying over the coming weeks/months.

Myself am currently still putting hours into MGS5 , and will probably get PES2016 during the week.
    The games I will definitely be buying are:
    WWE 2k16
    Need for Speed
    Uncharted Collection
    Star Wars Battlefront
    AC Syndicate
    Deadpool Remastered

My maybe pile consists of:
    Fallout
    COD: BO3
    FIFA 16
    Until Dawn
    Mad Max

Bloody hell, it's gonna be an expensive few months

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Wait for Steam Sale at Christmas, set budget and grab a few games off the wishlist. I'm not gonna be looking at any new releases. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

First year in ages that there are barely any games I want this winter. Aside from Just Cause 3, I'm probably going to get some games from this year that I missed, like Bloodborne. Maybe Star Wars Battlefront at a push depending on reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I want to play ALOT of games, but saving hard for a trip to Japan next year. But ill get Fallout 4 and the Bloodborne DLC for sure, and maybe the other half will get me Metal Gear 5 for X-Mas

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Very little TBH. Disgaea 5 for some seasonal comfort food, and the inevitably essential Bloodborne DLC. A Steam Link is also looking tempting. But given that Arrow Video have already guaranteed themselves significant chunks of my disposable income with their obscenely extravagant film boxsets, and a general lack of enthusiasm for most of the franchises rolling out new entries this winter, there's not a whole lot else jumping out as 'must buys' yet (obviously pending proper critical and player response). Especially since most of the games I've been particularly interested in - The Witness, Persona 5, Uncharted 4... - have been moved to next year. 2016 is already seeming like an expensive (and very special) one, so a reasonably quiet end of 2015 isn't the most daunting of prospects :)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

Transformers Devastation
    Fallout 4
    Star Wars Battlefront
    D&D: Sword Coast Legends
    Warhammer: The End Times - Vermintide
    Minecraft: Story Mode

• Advertisement

But given that Arrow Video have already guaranteed themselves significant chunks of my disposable income with their obscenely extravagant film boxsets

Oooh, like what?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Fallout 4, that is all. Nothing else of interest as a day one purchase for the rest of the year for me. Then early next year for Deus Ex and Mirror's Edge.

The rest will be bargin bin buys.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

X-Com 2.
    Heart of Thorns.
    Fallout 4.
    Legacy of the Void.

That's about it. Two of those I've already gotten. They are two exceptions to my no-pre purchase rule.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

X-Com 2.
    Legacy of the Void.

That's about it. Two of those I've already gotten. They are two exceptions to my no-pre purchase rule.
    Going to pre order both as well (first time in I don't know how many years).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm actually probably not going to get much. I have Fallout 4 and the new Assassins Creed, but I'm 10 hours into MGSV and I'm really enjoying it. That plus Rocket League are taking all my time. I've Cities:Skylines sitting there too, plus a few others games that should see me through to the Steam Xmas sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Halo 5
    Fallout 4
    Tomb Raider

Possibily

Battlefront
    Rainbow 6

Unless AC:Syndicate gets the best reviews of any AC game ever, I'm staying away. Been burned way too much by the AC franchise over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Penn wrote: »
    Unless AC:Syndicate gets the best reviews of any AC game ever, I'm staying away. Been burned way too much by the AC franchise over the last few years.

Unity was quite a good game, once they patched it. I hope they won't make the same mistake twice. The only AC game I've not really enjoyed was III and the ones related to it. IV and Freedom Cry were excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Fallout 4 for definite, possibly the only one I'm interested for a D1 release.

Others I might pick up, depending on cash and reviews, include Fifa 16, MGS, Battlefront and Rainbow 6.

Was only talking about this the other day with someone, but bar Fallout there hasn't been a PS4 title that I've thought I must have (excluding the release of GTA). Maybe I've been missing out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm keeping busy with Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne NG+ runs so I dont think I'll be buying many new games.

Definate Purchases:

Uncharted Collection
    Bloodborne DLC

Maybe:

Star Wars: Battlefront

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

There's not a whole load of AAA titles to look forward to these days because they're all so samey and casualised. Here's some I have my eye on and will probably buy but can't say since they're either not out yet or I'm not getting em' just yet.
    • Dragon's Dogma - Lkely to get a purchase from me again when it releases on again but I'll have to wait a little bit when it's out to see if it performs well. Since it's MT framework I trust it will.
    • Tekken 7 - I'll be on suicide watch if it doesn't release on PC. I NEED IT.
    • Yakuza: Kiwami - If it's localised. So never.
    • Yakuza 5 - It's a garaunteed purchase once it's available and I have the dosh. Too bad 6 is PS4 exclusive. I guess 5 is where the series ends for me.
    • Star Citizen - This one's going to take a while.
    • SOMA - I do want it but just have too many other horror games to burn through first. Huge Frictional Games fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Nout.

Unless some preposterous sales happen, not much I'm interested in.

Fallout 4 just looks like an updated fallout 3 tbh.

No Mans Sky is the only thing that intrigues me and that prob wont be out til 2016.

chrislad wrote: »
    Unity was quite a good game, once they patched it. I hope they won't make the same mistake twice. The only AC game I've not really enjoyed was III and the ones related to it. IV and Freedom Cry were excellent.

AC:IV was a mixed bag for me. The sea stuff was absolutely fantastic. Everything on land was fairly pants. And aside from the fact that each AC game over the past few years has been buggy as f*ck (due to absolutely having to have a game out every year), I think I'm largely just sick of the Ubisoft model of game now where you can't see anything on the minimap because of all the icons for collectibles, or minor missions etc. The AC story has gone to sh*t too.

Brotherhood was the last great AC game. Revelations was very good (but failed to reach the heights of AC2 & Brotherhood), III was lifeless, IV had its moments, and Unity was just seriously poor. I promised myself I wouldn't even buy Unity but ended up getting it anyway and wishing I hadn't. Not again. Not this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Bloodborne DLC, everything else can get in the sea :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Soma on PC (but I'll wait for a sale).

I'm also interested in Triforce Heroes on 3DS (pending reviews)

If someone posts a decent bargain alert on Lego Dimensions, I could be very very tempted indeed. No way I am paying full price for it.

Edit: The new Guitar Hero looks great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,967 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Fallout 4 and Need for Speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

This looks amazing as a presentation. The film itself hasn't aged gracefully but I nearly buy it just for the presentation of it all.

http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/society/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Hard to know, too many games, too little time.

Definites:
    Fallout 4
    Uncharted Collection
    MGS V

Maybes:
    Just Cause 3

Were possibilities but no more:
    Mad Max - people complain it gets very repetitive
    Rainbow Six Siege - no single player, bit expensive at full price, might pick up later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I forgot about Tomb Raider actually. But isn't that a timed exclusive for XboxOne??

I think the main thing I'm after is gonna be Witcher 3 once there's a game of the year edition, and I've finished the first 2. That's definitely top of my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

I am hoping for big reductions in the Steam winter sale on:
    The Witcher 3
    Assassins Creed Unity
    MGSV (Im pretty sure this wont happen)

Otherwise on PC Starcraft: Legacy of the Void is the only one I can think of but I am sure there are others.

Xbox One: Halo 5 all day long

Might get Star Wars: Battlefront depending on how the Beta goes this month

I can't think of anything for the PS4 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

uncharted collection might finally push me to get a ps4, if theres a good collectors/special edition deal on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Wossack wrote: »
    uncharted collection might finally push me to get a ps4, if theres a good collectors/special edition deal on

Ya, you'll have the choice of hard drive sizes too:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-09-07-uncharted-nathan-drake-collection-500gb-ps4-bundle-announced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Yakuza 5
    Trails of Cold Steel
    Tales of Zestiria
    Bloodborne The Old Hunters
    maybe Disgaea 5

pretty good winter for RPG fans at least

Advertisement