Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus from Tramore to W.I.T - Too expensive?

Options
  • 28-09-2015 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭

Currently living in Tramore, I have no choice but to avail of the 360 bus from Tramore straight to Waterford Institute of Technology. The problem I am having is the amount of money I'm having to fork out every week for this.

The price is €3.70 for a single ticket into Waterford (which is ridiculous, I think) and ultimately, getting to and from college five days a week is costing me a total of almost €40 a week.....

I tried looking for discount services on Bus Eireann's website but the only one I seem to be able to see is the Leap Card, and it's only available for intercity services (buses within Waterford City).

This is no good to me :(

To anyone who has used Tramore's bus service as often as someone like me, is there anything I can purchase, such as a monthly ticket of some sort? I'm not very educated in the use of public transport on a day-to-day basis as I'm doing now - this is my first time doing it this often.

If anyone can give me some advice I'd be really grateful, thanks in advance regardless.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

You can get a monthly student ticket from the bus station. It costs €46 (I think) so long as your a student and covers the Tramore-Waterford route, including the WIT route and all bus eireann services within the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭nobodyknows

as said above the monthly ticket works with the 360/360A route it cost €48 and you can get it either at the bus station or the centra shop in the college.
    If its your first time getting the pass then you'll need to got to the bus station first as they they need to take your picture for the ID card.

Advertisement