Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flourescent tube disposal

Options
  • 28-09-2015 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Recently had to replace a flourescent tube bulb in my rented apartment and didn't realise the retailer could take the old one for recycling.

Would anyone know where I can bring the old one and if I will be charged for it? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 rightofwayed

cbmonstra wrote: »
    Recently had to replace a flourescent tube bulb in my rented apartment and didn't realise the retailer could take the old one for recycling.

Would anyone know where I can bring the old one and if I will be charged for it? Thanks

you can take it to the rafeen recycling centre free of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Think you have 30 days to drop it into the retailer you bought the new one off also. Do you have the receipt?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Antenna

even if beyond 30 days the retailer will probably take it back.
    Unlike ordinary light bulbs, CFLs/Flourescent tubes contain mercury and its especially important they be recycled properly

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭cbmonstra

Thanks for all the replies :). I'm not sure I still have the receipt, I'll have a look for it.

If I can't find it, I might try and hand it in to them anyway and see what they say.

Advertisement