Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any advice on who to talk to please

Options
  • 29-09-2015 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi guys,

Any help would be appreciated on this as I have no idea where to go. I have a business idea that would be similar to the "go safe" speed vans. It would basically generate revenue by capturing traffic violations that the guards are currently not doing, maybe due to lack on man power. Similar to "go safe" it would be an independent company and would be looking to take a cost from the revenue generated.

Query is who do I go to with this idea? Where does the money go that is generated by the "go safe" vans?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

iVigilante.ie is probably the best place to start. :rolleyes:

Was talking about this in the barbers at the weekend (as you do). How the Guards should allow private citizens to snitch on motorists who, for example, are using their mobile phone while driving or maybe their NCT is out of date and receive a commission from the fine.

It would cure Ireland's motoring issues overnight and I'd probably be a millionaire after shopping all the tossers in their fart cans for speeding past my Mum's house down the country. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 39 thedave1989

I'm not on about random people snitching on each other. I'm talking about setting up a genuine company with correct equipment to work in conjunction with the guards. Not random people with no equipment ratting out people they don't like. Just like the "go safe" vans that operate around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

It probably went to tender and the winning company had to prove they had sufficient knowledge and financial stability to fulfill the contract.

http://www.etenders.gov.ie/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Hi guys,

Any help would be appreciated on this as I have no idea where to go. I have a business idea that would be similar to the "go safe" speed vans. It would basically generate revenue by capturing traffic violations that the guards are currently not doing, maybe due to lack on man power. Similar to "go safe" it would be an independent company and would be looking to take a cost from the revenue generated.

Query is who do I go to with this idea? Where does the money go that is generated by the "go safe" vans?

Your first and pretty much most major stumbling block going by your post is that it is geared towards revenue generation.

Money they "make" from fines etc just goes into the exchequer.

Rethink your idea and plan your idea around public safety and you will stand a slight chance of your idea being heard

Advertisement