Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork to Cobh

Options
  • 29-09-2015 7:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

This race is coming up this Sunday 4th Oct, Looking forward to it as i have never done it before. Curious as to how they can get runners around the Dunkettle Roundabout...
    Anybody else going to be doing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

I've entered it too, not done it before either. Heard its flat, though with one bit of a hill into Cobh. Looking forward to it, hope the weather stays good. Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

RubyK wrote: »
    I've entered it too, not done it before either. Heard its flat, though with one bit of a hill into Cobh. Looking forward to it, hope the weather stays good. Best of luck :)

Yup that's pretty much it, the bit of a hill on the outskirts of Cobh, on the plus side once you hit the top it's downhill to the finish :)

Clashes with the Athlone 3/4 marathon unfortunately for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

boydkev wrote: »
    This race is coming up this Sunday 4th Oct, Looking forward to it as i have never done it before. Curious as to how they can get runners around the Dunkettle Roundabout...
    Anybody else going to be doing it?

Did it last year. We went over the roundabout and immediately took the filter road over to the old main road through Glounthane. They had a traffic lane closed off so it was very well stewarded at this point.

Pretty hilly coming into Cobh so conserve some energy for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Alfie Tupper

as always a very enjoyable run, the wind made the last couple of miles even tougher than usual but it stayed dry.
    Well done BHAA.

Advertisement