Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom.net email accounts going to SPAM folder of ALL gmail accounts

Options
  • 29-09-2015 8:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Myself and another boards user 'Jimbly', both seem to be hit by the same problem. Since last week, our eircom.net emails have been going to the spam folders of ALL gmail addresses that we send to.

It seems that Google do this when the service provider (in this case Eircom) is seen by them as a source of excessive spam!

I want 4 things;
    How widespread is this problem, i.e. how many Eircom.net accounts are being blacklisted by gmail?
    Has this happened before?
    I want to know what Eircom are doing about this?
    I want this resolved here so that others can see the resolution process, rather than telling me to ring a 'pay-per-minute' tech support number?

In the meantime, I'm asking all my friends who have gmail accounts to see if they can alter their account settings so that my emails are not treated as spam for their account. Maybe if enough of them take this positive action, I will be un-blacklisted by Google.

My PC has not been hacked and used to send spam via my Eircom.net account. So the problem seems to be with Eircom as it also hit 'Jimbly' at the same time!

If there's anything else that I should be doing to minimise and/or rectify the problem, then please tell me and everyone else, right here on this forum.

regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LonBoard

LonBoard wrote: »
    Myself and another boards user 'Jimbly', both seem to be hit by the same problem. Since last week, our eircom.net emails have been going to the spam folders of ALL gmail addresses that we send to.

It seems that Google do this when the service provider (in this case Eircom) is seen by them as a source of excessive spam!

I want 4 things;
    How widespread is this problem, i.e. how many Eircom.net accounts are being blacklisted by gmail?
    I want this resolved here so that others can see the resolution process, rather than telling me to ring a 'pay-per-minute' tech support number?

In the meantime, I'm asking all my friends who have gmail accounts to see if they can alter their account settings so that my emails are not treated as spam for their account. Maybe if enough of them take this positive action, I will be un-blacklisted by Google.

My PC has not been hacked and used to send spam via my Eircom.net account. So the problem seems to be with Eircom as it also hit 'Jimbly' at the same time!

If there's anything else that I should be doing to minimise and/or rectify the problem, then please tell me and everyone else, right here on this forum.

regards
    I've done some further research... I asked a friend who also has an eircom.net email address to do a test and guess what!... He too had his email- which he sent to another friend's gmail address, go into the gmail account's spam folder. My braodband provider is Imagine (irishbroadband.ie) and my friend is with UPC. So it seems that the only common denominator is that our outgoing emails have 'eircom.net' addresses.
    I can't bellieve that no eircom staffer has responded to this problem yet, considering that the indications are that this problem is widespread and seems to be due to some issue that has caused eircom.net addresses to be blacklisted by google! 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I want 4 things;

regards
    I've done some further research... I asked a friend who also has an eircom.net email address to do a test and guess what!... He too had his email- which he sent to another friend's gmail address, go into the gmail account's spam folder. My braodband provider is Imagine (irishbroadband.ie) and my friend is with UPC. So it seems that the only common denominator is that our outgoing emails have 'eircom.net' addresses.
    I can't bellieve that no eircom staffer has responded to this problem yet, considering that the indications are that this problem is widespread and seems to be due to some issue that has caused eircom.net addresses to be blacklisted by google! 
    Hi LonBoard

Apologies for the delays,

I can confirm that this is definitely not a widespread issue (I have checked with the support team) although I am sorry to hear of the negative effect this is having for you.

I can also confirm that the only option for assistance with email issue for users with other service providers is through the email support team on 1530277100 (charged at 33c per minute)

I'm sorry we cannot assist with your email issue here

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 42 misterheg

I want 4 things;

regards
    Hi LonBoard

I can confirm that this is definitely not a widespread issue (I have checked with the support team) although I am sorry to hear of the negative effect this is having for you.

I can also confirm that the only option for assistance with email issue for users with other service providers is through the email support team on 1530277100 (charged at 33c per minute)

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al

The same is happening to my mother-in-law, she can receive from Gmail, no problem but when sending they go into that person's spam folder in Gmail, she has this afternoon tried to send to 4 different Gmail users.

Is there a fix or an ETA when this will be fixed by, please?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

misterheg wrote: »

I want 4 things;

regards
    Hi LonBoard

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al

The same is happening to my mother-in-law, she can receive from Gmail, no problem but when sending they go into that person's spam folder in Gmail, she has this afternoon tried to send to 4 different Gmail users.

Thanks.
    Hi misterheg

This is ultimately beyond eirs control - If a gmail account is is putting it to spam then that's down to the Gmail account - there's really nothing eir can do about that. I personally have a gmail account but eir emails still go to my primary inbox. I'm sorry there's nothing we can do about this misterheg

Thanks

Al

eir: Alan wrote: »

I want 4 things;

regards
    Hi LonBoard

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al

Thanks.
    Hi misterheg

This is ultimately beyond eirs control - If a gmail account is is putting it to spam then that's down to the Gmail account - there's really nothing eir can do about that. I personally have a gmail account but eir emails still go to my primary inbox. I'm sorry there's nothing we can do about this misterheg

Thanks

Al
    Ok, thanks for the reply, Al.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

misterheg - try sending the mail through the Gmail mail outgoing server rather than the Eir mail server.

Your email will still come from Eircom net account however it will be sent via the Gmail mail server.

You'll need to have a GMAIL account to try this as you need to be authenticated on the Gmail outgoing mail server but it may fix the problem.

Settings can be found here. (second half of post)

Best of luck.

misterheg - try sending the mail through the Gmail mail outgoing server rather than the Eir mail server.

Your email will still come from Eircom net account however it will be sent via the Gmail mail server.

You'll need to have a GMAIL account to try this as you need to be authenticated on the Gmail outgoing mail server but it may fix the problem.

Best of luck.
    Thanks Amaya Ancient Duck, will try that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Best of luck.
    Cheers for the input Amaya Ancient Duck

AL

• Registered Users Posts: 36 J0nney

I want 4 things;

regards
    Hi LonBoard

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al

Thanks.
    Hi misterheg

Thanks

Al
    I can understand why Gmail flag Eircom mail as spam as they are the source of a lot of spam. I have a gofree.indigo account and get many spam mails every day. These Emails are not addressed to me by the sender, they are addressed to some other gofree.indigo account, however Eircom pass them on to my address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

J0nney wrote: »

I want 4 things;

regards
    Hi LonBoard

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al

Thanks.
    Hi misterheg

Thanks

Al
    I can understand why Gmail flag Eircom mail as spam as they are the source of a lot of spam. I have a gofree.indigo account and get many spam mails every day. These Emails are not addressed to me by the sender, they are addressed to some other gofree.indigo account, however Eircom pass them on to my address.
    I will look into this for you J0nney and as soon as I have an update I will get back in touch with you.

-Ciara

• Advertisement
Advertisement