Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€44 for 15min 11811 call...How?

Options
  • 29-09-2015 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭

I received our bill yesterday and am being charged €44 for a 15 min 11811 call. The call was at 1:30am(off peak) Please tell me this is a mistake.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

As far as I'm aware, 11811 calls from eir cost 2.79 to make the call, and 2.79 per minute or part of. So if you were on the phone 15 minutes, and were connected to your required number by 11811, it sounds correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭wylie

As far as I'm aware, 11811 calls from eir cost 2.79 to make the call, and 2.79 per minute or part of. So if you were on the phone 15 minutes, and were connected to your required number by 11811, it sounds correct.
    €2.79 per minute what a rip off, the call was at 1.30am. Should a caller not be informed about this charge before or during the call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

wylie wrote: »
    €2.79 per minute what a rip off, the call was at 1.30am. Should a caller not be informed about this charge before or during the call.

It's a flat rate regardless of the time of day or night.

They don't have to inform you at all, once it's stated in your T&Cs unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

wylie wrote: »
    I received our bill yesterday and am being charged €44 for a 15 min 11811 call. The call was at 1:30am(off peak) Please tell me this is a mistake.
    Hi wylie, 

Penny Tration is correct here. 

This cost would be correct I'm afraid. When you retrieve the number, if you say yes you want to be connected to the number you are billed at the 11811 rate for the call. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement