Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build

Options
  • 29-09-2015 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, looking to buy the parts below.

364146.png

Does geizhals not do any discounts for mindfactory anymore?
    I've tried the usual but prices are staying the same. I'm on the mobile so would that have something to do with it?
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Just did a search for ram and got a mindfactory link on geizhals.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

Nice one! I had tried all the others and the prices were coming up the same. Pity they're not all allowing discounts :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Drop the cooler and get 6500 boxed version, put €240 into a second hand R9 290

Drop the cooler and get 6500 boxed version, put €240 into a second hand R9 290

Cheers DS but I have all the parts picked for specific reasons, acoustics (living room pc), aesthetics (red theme), efficiency etc.

So I was hoping to get a discount on those particular parts.

Gaming will be only on occasion, so the 960 is a much better fit over a more power hungry/powerful card.

I wouldn't mind stepping down to an i3 either but I don't know how long I'd be waiting for them to be be in stock :(

That's fair enough then. You could drop to a Has well i3, theres feck all difference between Has well and Skylake bar DDR4 and an i3 is plenty for a living room PC

• Advertisement

That's fair enough then. You could drop to a Has well i3, theres feck all difference between Has well and Skylake bar DDR4 and an i3 is plenty for a living room PC

I agree, but I'd like to future proof a small bit. I'd like to be able to drop in one of those GB/s m.2 ssd drives for the OS once they become more available/affordable. :)

That too, is fair enough. Short of dropping the GPU down a few notches looks like that's all you can do to save a bit. Build looks good to me.

Advertisement