Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Rural fibre broadband

Options
  • 29-09-2015 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just have a quick question but you may not know whats happening yet, Under the Fibre broadband network coverage map there is a Rural Fibre Routes highlighted in blue.

Now I read in places that this won't be starting or going live until 2016, My query is just, Will there be far more random Cabinets set up outside the towns and on laneways to feed all the rural routes? My home house is situated over 4 km(by road) from the nearest cabinet and is on one off the blue routes.

I know I maybe jumping the gun here but just wondering if there was ever any hope for myself or others at such a distance from the towns.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Just have a quick question but you may not know whats happening yet, Under the Fibre broadband network coverage map there is a Rural Fibre Routes highlighted in blue.

Now I read in places that this won't be starting or going live until 2016, My query is just, Will there be far more random Cabinets set up outside the towns and on laneways to feed all the rural routes? My home house is situated over 4 km(by road) from the nearest cabinet and is on one off the blue routes.

I know I maybe jumping the gun here but just wondering if there was ever any hope for myself or others at such a distance from the towns.
    Hi Bummer1234

I'm sorry I cannot offer any concrete evidence of plans to support hope for lines further than a 2Km distance to planned or existing cabinets however there are plans to continuously expand the network although I would be unable to offer a timeframe for further plans.

I'm sorry I can't offer much hope Bummer1234

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭bauney

Hi Eir,

Regarding the the Rural fibre rollout, my home is situated in Tourmakeady Co.Mayo. On the map on http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ it is down as "Fibre Build Commenced".

Is this correct? If so, when will fibre broadband be available to customers in this area? Will it be 2016/2017 etc..?

Thanks alot,
    B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

bauney wrote: »
    Hi Eir,

Regarding the the Rural fibre rollout, my home is situated in Tourmakeady Co.Mayo. On the map on http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ it is down as "Fibre Build Commenced".

Is this correct? If so, when will fibre broadband be available to customers in this area? Will it be 2016/2017 etc..?

Thanks alot,
    B
    Hi bauney

I believe I responded to your earlier query on this yesterday,

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement