Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frizzy Hair

Options
  • 29-09-2015 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I got my hair cut at the beginning of August (lovely cut, no problems there).
    My hair is quite thick and was very long (more than half way down my back) I got roughly 12 inches cut off the length and it was thinned out a lot (all with layers etc. no thinning scissors).
    About a week or so after I got it cut I noticed that I had one patch of REALLY frizzy/curly hair at the back of my hair. I'd had this patch of hair for about a year, but it was never really that bad, only a little more curled than the rest of my hair and very manageable. It had always been a little more likely to frizz than the rest of my hair, but this has gone a bit far now. I've taken to using keratin smooth shampoo and conditioner as well as an argan oil hair mask and argan/keratin oil after I wash my hair. This calms the frizz down somewhat, but not enough. For example, I washed my hair the other day, left the mask in for an hour, dried and straightened my hair. Within three hours the frizzy hair that I'd straightened was starting to kink and go frizzy again.
    Just wondering if anyone has had a similar hair nightmare and what products you could recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

My daughter is the one that has hair that tends to frizz because she swims practically everyday. I see from your thread that you already use an argan oil hair mask. My daughter washes & conditions her hair then simply applies Pro Naturals argan oil. She divides her hair in 1" sections and rubs the argan oil to the ends mainly and half way up the length. She tends to stay clear of her scalp and roots. She then blow dries her hair and may or may not then heat style it. She has not had a frizzy day and the argan oil is a good heat protectant so no split ends, lots of shine though. Hope it helps.

Skintwin did you sort out your frizz problem? In case you haven't.................

I received a newsletter the other day from Karmin hair tools telling me that they were introducing a 4 step hair repair system that also includes a heat protector spray and it will "Guard your hair from heat and UV rays while optimizing the effectiveness of flat irons, curling irons, and hair dryers. Adds incredible shine and reduces frizz and flyaways."

double post again

Advertisement