Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League - Manchester United -v- VfL Wolfsburg 30th Sept 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Darmian has looked the coolest of the Utd players in the last 15 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Finally, a decision Uniteds way. Ref must have got confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,592 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Woohoo a free kick not for Wolfsburg

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Yay! :)

Please let Perrera take this.

• Advertisement

Jim Beglin seems to think its safe to call it for United with 40 seconds left...

Iron Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Smalling :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Some man that Mike chap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Get in good win apart from the poor goal conceded

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Good win, top of the EPL, good times.

Bad week for Volkswagon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Thank god that's over. 3 points, well earned.

• Site Banned Posts: 143 ✭✭Fellaindinho

niallo27 wrote: »
    How do you watch football through your keyboard. In terms of where Utd want to be they are average.

Top of the leauge and just won?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It's not the refs fault Utd are so poor.

Imagine the score if United were anyway good.

There were teams in the CL last year who aren't in it this year who wished they played as poor as United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

nice one Mike

Good result for United, got weaker after Memphis and Schweinsteiger withdrawn but definitely deserved the win. Clearly the better side. Showing the other EPL sides how its done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Woo Hoo!

We're shít but we're winning. :D

Good win, job done, showed composure not to lose the head after conceding the first goal.

Also, some poor efforts from some people that came into the thread to try and wind us up. Also pleased with how that attempt went.

Good night all in all. :D

Top of the leauge and just won?

In fairness, he is right - United winning games and being top of the league is "average". Very brave of him to admit that.

Utd are playing very poor against an average side. No denying that how much you want to blame the ref.

Please stop it, I'm not a good swimmer and I'm drowning in your tears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Utd are playing very poor against an average side. No denying that how much you want to blame the ref.

Do you watch football outside of the premier league?

Huge result. Worrying again in The last 15 minutes but the result was everything tonight.

Mistake taking Bastian off IMO.

Mata Motm by a mile. Martial especially in the first half, Schweini and Darmian were excellent.

Rooney was really really poor.

Lads off on RTE now. Here we go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

RobertKK wrote: »

There were teams in the CL last year who aren't in it this year who wished they played as poor as United.

That's the point though. Utd were quiet poor tonight and played off the field for large parts of the game. That must worry you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Trilla wrote: »
    ok cool. I say 2-1 to United. Charity of our choice? Asthma Ireland or Irish Cancer Society.

Pay up Polo

That's the point though. Utd were quiet poor tonight and played off the field for large parts of the game. That must worry you.

No, it would worry me if we didn't know what we were doing.

edgecutter wrote: »

Small bit. I watched Munich score 5 goals in a few minutes the other night against some team.

Sand wrote: »
    In fairness, he is right - United winning games and being top of the league is "average". Very brave of him to admit that.

I mean, if we were to be technical or pedantic, pretty average day at the office for utd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Korat wrote: »
    Woo Hoo!

We're shít but we're winning. :D

How is that shít? Probably the 2nd best team in Germany and United got the win. There was a drop off towards the end but dropping deep was probably on purpose to try to ensure the win and Wolfsburg didn't really look like scoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im disappointed with you.

You need to go back to the drawing board and try harder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Did Dunphy just say the United back 4 is a shambles? After a backs to the wall last 20 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

edgecutter wrote: »

yeah, he even saw that fella Levendowsky score five goals against them mugs last week, they must be terdible like

Small bit. I watched Munich score 5 goals in a few minutes the other night against some team.

So you watched 9 minutes?
    Was it passed your bedtime and you saw the gifs on reddit while posting dank memes?

RobertKK wrote: »

One of them didn't even bother last season in their biggest European game in 4+ years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

adox wrote: »
    Huge result. Worrying again in The last 15 minutes but the result was everything tonight.

Mistake taking Bastian off IMO.

Mata Motm by a mile. Martial especially in the first half, Schweini and Darmian were excellent.

Rooney was really really poor.

Lads off on RTE now. Here we go.

Still won the game and rested him up a bit for Sunday especially if Carrick is going to be out and he has to play the full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

I saw stoke hammer in 6 at the end of the season against another side :D

What's your point? Wolfsburg are a decent side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

You watched the whole game? I missed it tbh, what did you think of Draxler's performance in the first half?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Dunphy talking pure tripe as usual , just called the united defense a shambles!

Liam O wrote: »
    How is that shít? Probably the 2nd best team in Germany and United got the win. There was a drop off towards the end but dropping deep was probably on purpose to try to ensure the win and Wolfsburg didn't really look like scoring.

But they got hammered by Munich so that is the norm.

Utd didn't win by enough apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

That team were beating Munich at half time and played really well up until a freak 10 minutes. They're not a poor team, they would be a level above Spurs/Liverpool/Everton.

Dunphy talking pure tripe as usual , just called the united defense a shambles!

Not as much as his brain cells.

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    You watched the whole game? I missed it tbh, what did you think of Draxler's performance in the first half?

Lewandowski was anonymous in the first half though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Did you watch United score 3 against some scouse team the other week and United are playing muck?

Poor last 20 mins to United and a poor goal to concede.

Phew is the word

Rooney still off
    Mata great 60 minutes

I think we showed great character. Surely you know of someone who must agree with me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Ahhh obsession. ...

Would be great if peoples posts on the ignore list would not appear when quoted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Dunphy what was he saying that Martial is not very good will he go way like .....

There also saying Schweinsteiger has pasted it sure .......

Dunphy done a 180 from his half time analysis haha. Don't even know why I'm sounding surprised.

Brady leading the narrative for the full time usual disgruntlement.

Why are Utd fans so touchy in here tonight. They were played off the field for large parts tonight. Take off the red goggles for two minutes and realise there are still big problems at Utd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Why are Utd fans so touchy in here tonight. They were played off the field for large parts tonight. Take off the red goggles for two minutes and realise there are still big problems at Utd.

Thursday tomorrow yeah?

Channel Five is it?

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Did you watch United score 3 against some scouse team the other week and United are playing muck?

Stop biting and transfer to Irish Cancer :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement