Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd car in household : Low mileage driving

Options
  • 29-09-2015 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Good morning, myself and my wife recently purchased a 1998 Mazda Mx5 convertible . 
    The intention is to clean up and restore the car over the winter for occasional use in the summer months. 
    We both have our own cars with long NCB, clean licences and are in our late 30s.  
    I would estimate the annual mileage to be less than 3000kms, the car is alarmed, immobiliser and kept in a locked garage. 

Can somebody give me some help on what route we can take to insure the 3rd car at a reasonable cost?

We received a quote for 750 already but considering the cars value is €2000 i find that extortionate for 2 professional 36yr olds.

We would be quite happy to move both of our existing policies over to a new insurer and insure all 3 in the same company if so required.

G

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

Good morning, myself and my wife recently purchased a 1998 Mazda Mx5 convertible . 
    The intention is to clean up and restore the car over the winter for occasional use in the summer months. 
    We both have our own cars with long NCB, clean licences and are in our late 30s.  
    I would estimate the annual mileage to be less than 3000kms, the car is alarmed, immobiliser and kept in a locked garage. 

Can somebody give me some help on what route we can take to insure the 3rd car at a reasonable cost?

We received a quote for 750 already but considering the cars value is €2000 i find that extortionate for 2 professional 36yr olds.

We would be quite happy to move both of our existing policies over to a new insurer and insure all 3 in the same company if so required.

G
    Hi Golfgorfield
    Thanks for contacting us. If you want to PM me with your contact details I can arrange for someone from our Sales Department to give you a call regarding this.
    Regards 
    Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

G
    Hi Golfgorfield
    Thanks for contacting us. If you want to PM me with your contact details I can arrange for someone from our Sales Department to give you a call regarding this.
    Regards 
    Seán
    Many Thanks, PM sent with my details

3 hours and not a sign of anyone contacting me, i want cover on the car today if possible, can you see if liberty can help ?

Had somebody contact me. 

Received a quote of €3362.66 for my 36yr old wife with 18yrs driving experience. 

The car value is €2500. 

Excellent stuff liberty thanks so much.    Shame on you.

Advertisement