Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing a loan

• 29-09-2015 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone knows whether I can close a loan account in writing by sending a letter to my branch (I cannot get out there anytime soon). Fully paid, etc. Can't get through to them and would like to get this done with.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

If it's fully paid off, then it should be closed automatically before your next repayment hits (a report is generated on a daily/weekly basis of loan accounts in credit, and they're closed off accordingly). If you want to get it done quicker, then a letter posted in will do. Make sure to include a contact number in case they need to ring you.

Advertisement