Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Full Irish Drivers Licence in Vancouver

• 29-09-2015 1:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I have a small question. I read on this site called moving2canada which stated that there are agreements so you can use your Full Irish Drivers Licence in BC.

I just have one problem, I got my full licence on 25/3/2015, so I don't have 2 years of driving exprience. I just don't understand on the website whether or not I should do both a road test and an eye exam or do I just need to do the Eye Exam?

I'm not sure if you can post external links here so I won't post the link to the site but if you type into google "Irish Driving Licence in BC" you should get the first link which is a site called Moving2Canada.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

You will probably need to do the knowledge test and road test again. Part of my knowledge test was an eye exam and it didn't cost anything extra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

All the info you need is on the ICBC site.

Click on 'Reciprocal license agreement'.
    Don’t have two years of driving experience?
    If you don’t have two years’ driving experience with a non-learner licence or can’t prove it, you can still get a B.C. licence by going through the graduated licensing program (GLP). You will receive credit for any time you have driven.

Info on the GLP is here.

You can give the ICBC a call and they should be able to give you more info on how much credit your current driving experience will get you.

Advertisement