Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Council B#*turds

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Uncle Ben wrote: »
    If the complainant requests anonymity they are obliged to respect it.

Nothing to do with the complainant. Their details will always be withheld by DCC even if they don't ask to be kept secret.

And one report today, said when she got back to her car, it was clamped...

This is also true. It was the daughters car reportedly.
    BowWow wrote: »
    Good post - I also heard the daughter on the first Liveline program state that they told the Council they would take it down, but did not get around to it in time...

They had ample time to do it. These cases happen every second Tuesday, for some reason this one has blown out for water. The woman knew what she was doing. She contacted RTE before the court date and arranged for interviews to be held before the court case happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

So if someone had a party next door to you, blaring out music at 3am, you would NOT complain?

Some saw someone break the law, and reported them, what's wrong with that?

What has a noisy party got to do with an inanimate satellite dish ?

You're in the wrong thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

So if someone had a party next door to you, blaring out music at 3am, you would NOT complain?

Some saw someone break the law, and reported them, what's wrong with that?

I'm not condoning the action. I'm making the case which is that the council needed a complaint to act.
    I actually support the council's stance. They investigated a complaint, notices were served on 6 or 7 persons who were in breach, 6 people complied,one didn't goes on Joe looking for sympathy, gets hit with legal fees and then OP starts thread here and blames DCC!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,480 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

foggy_lad wrote: »
    These useless bastards have hit a new low!

they have brought a 90 year old through the courts because the poor auld dear had a satellite dish in the wrong place! Her family explained that she didn't understand fully about the warnings and letters she got but DCC were out for Blood! They wanted their pound of flesh! The poor woman had been given the satellite system for her 90th birthday! hope those pricks in the council sleep well tonight!

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0929/731102-satellite-dish/

Frothing outrage from the easily offended has hit a new low if you ask me, who cares about the actual facts when you are moaning about "the man".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Dumb move by Dublin City Council and the Irish courts for their ruling. This issue had already been ruled on in the European Courts in Strasbourg who ruled that having a satellite dish is a human right. Their ruling covered tenants in rented accommodation, whether it was public housing or private landlords.

If the 90 year old woman wants she can appeal this all the way to Europe. Where I can only guess that she will win as EU law trumps Irish law and a precedent has already been set in Sweden.

As to why the womans solicitors and DCC didn't know about this EU court ruling I don't know. But it's there for all to see.

No precendent has been set at all.

The example you gave us was a dispute over the existence of a dish, as opposed to the location of a dish as in the OP's example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I live right facing her, the latest thing we have now is warning letters from the council about our bins being left out after they have been emptied. We have all been threatened with a €3000 fine if we dont take them in straight after the truck empties them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

I live right facing her, the latest thing we have now is warning letters from the council about our bins being left out after they have been emptied. We have all been threatened with a €3000 fine if we dont take them in straight after the truck empties them.

Can you post a photo of the letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

What has a noisy party got to do with an inanimate satellite dish ?

You're in the wrong thread.

No, It's same basic principle, some one does something wrong (Dish in wrong place, Noisy Party, Litters) and someone reports it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Ridiculous...

What if the members of the household are all at work when the bins are emptied?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Ridiculous...

What if the members of the household are all at work when the bins are emptied?

You think it's true?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Total and utter rubbish in the way you have written - however if you leave them out all the time and thus causing obstruction, it can be enforced and you can be fined under the litter act.

Once they are taken back in on the day they are collected there would be no issue. (i used to live in ashgrove)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

kceire wrote: »
    You think it's true?

Nope. I call BS on it

Advertisement