Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can't post

Options
  • 29-09-2015 2:24pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3

I signed up about a month ago. I can't post. I get a message saying I don't have permission to post. Is there something I need to do?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You need to confirm the account with the link from the activation email.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3 the pine

Spear wrote: »
    You need to confirm the account with the link from the activation email.

I haven't received one

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Replies in Helpdesk are pre-moderated and need approving, so please post only once.

There's a guide here to resend the email:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056856789

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3 the pine

I don't receive any of those messages. Just a red msg stating that I don't have permission to post in this forum. I receive no page linking me to resend the activation email.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

the pine wrote: »
    I don't receive any of those messages. Just a red msg stating that I don't have permission to post in this forum. I receive no page linking me to resend the activation email.

You need to check the email address you signed up with. When you signed up, you were asked to provide an email address, which will be in the form [noparse][yourname]@provider.com[/noparse].

Log in to that email account and if there is no email from boards.ie waiting for you, check your spam folder because sometimes the activation email will be there instead.

There is also a chance that you made a mistake in spelling your email address when signing up, so check that from here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editpassword

If it is correct, you can re-send the email to your email address using the steps Spear posted.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement