Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW8 Captain

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Lemlin wrote: »
    Aguero.

Last week I went with Martial for a change and he delivered fook all too. The 90 minutes of watching Kun was pure torture though.

He is too good for this form to continue.
    He got an assist (only 1 pt less than a goal). 3 pts gain on Agüero. Not great. But not "fook all" :p... At the end of the season, 3 pts are sometimes what makes you win a league :cool:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Even if he does nothing this week (again), is anyone with Aguero not actually going to captain him against BOU? I know I will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Paully D wrote: »
    Even if he does nothing this week (again), is anyone with Aguero not actually going to captain him against BOU? I know I will.

Baring injury there is nothing that would make me take it off him for the next two weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Paully D wrote:

I will too, but if I had Hazard I would certainly consider captaining him at home to Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Where's Silva in the poll? Has to be an option this week given the fixture

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

De Bruyne (NEW)
    8-10 wrote: »
    Where's Silva in the poll? Has to be an option this week given the fixture

Wasn't fit when I made it and I usually only put two players max from a club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Looking at the results so far, I can imagine the collective rage in here if Aguero doesn't do the business over the weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Wasn't fit when I made it and I usually only put two players max from a club

Fair enough. I have it on him at the moment but might end up panicking and switching to Kun last minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

De Bruyne (NEW)
    AdMMM wrote: »
    Looking at the results so far, I can imagine the collective rage in here if Aguero doesn't do the business over the weekend!

I don't think we can have any cause to rage given his failings this season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Feeling a lot more confident with Aguero(C) after last nights result. By no means a great performance by City, but a much needed CL win should give them confidence - likewise Aguero will take confidence from getting on the scoresheet - granted it was from the penalty spot but a goal is a goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 TravellerOg

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Can't see past Kun, City's record against Newcastle is unreal past few seasons and he has a point to prove. (C) for next 2 GW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Had thinking of even giving Kun the 3C

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Shedite27 wrote: »

If we knew there weren't going to be any dgws it would be a good week but worth keeping for Jan/Feb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

De Bruyne (NEW)
    jimmii wrote: »
    If we knew there weren't going to be any dgws it would be a good week but worth keeping for Jan/Feb.

Not so sure. Even in that situation I'd rather wait for a situation where he's already in form with a good home fixture.

De Bruyne (NEW)
    CSF wrote: »
    Not so sure. Even in that situation I'd rather wait for a situation where he's already in form with a good home fixture.

Even then his expectation isn't as high as a reasonable dgw for any of the heavy hitters.

• Advertisement

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Even then his expectation isn't as high as a reasonable dgw for any of the heavy hitters.

Oh yeah, I'm all about the DGW for using it too. I just meant that if even if there were no DGWs I still wouldn't think it'd be the number 1 week for it. Until he starts off, I'll be treading nervously in spite of my definite captaining of Aguero for the next 2 weeks.

De Bruyne (NEW)
    CSF wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I'm all about the DGW for using it too. I just meant that if even if there were no DGWs I still wouldn't think it'd be the number 1 week for it. Until he starts off, I'll be treading nervously in spite of my definite captaining of Aguero for the next 2 weeks.

Oh I see yeh I agree you would definitely want to be looking for a form + fixture spot ideally.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

There will definetly be dgws unless both carling cup finalists are from outside the premier league and the last 8 in the fa cup are from outside the premier league. It's crazy to use the triple captain in anything but a dgw. It could work out for you but it's still crazy.

De Bruyne (NEW)
    There will definetly be dgws unless both carling cup finalists are from outside the premier league and the last 8 in the fa cup are from outside the premier league. It's crazy to use the triple captain in anything but a dgw. It could work out for you but it's still crazy.

Agreed. Just a crazy hypothetical.

De Bruyne (NEW)

Yeh the point being made was that it would only be an acceptable week if we some how knew there were none not that we are assuming there won't be. Using it for a regular week just seems like a waste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Giving it to Aguero and have done since GW3. I don't know how much longer I can keep the faith!

Ditto.
    KDB or Sanchez VC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Payet (sun)
    Like many, not sure whether to give Kun the armband. cautious by nature, its more the fear of not having him as captain thats influencing me. its either him or KDB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Sturridge (eve)
    Lukaku risk for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Front three are

Aguero , Gomis and Pelle.

Gomis at considerable risk of been dropped and even if he plays I don't fancy him to score particularly well.

Pelle is away to Chelsea and the stats show he gets the vast majority of his points/goals in home games.

... so it with a heavy heart and sum reluctance that I put the (C) on Kun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Wasn't it GW8 last season when Kun destroyed Spurs? It's a sign :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

De Bruyne (NEW)

Wasn't it last week he was playing Spurs where everyone mentioned it?

I might give him another go, but if he blanks against Newcastle he's gone.

De Bruyne (NEW)

If we're going by last year we should all be taking a hit for Tadic! Those were good times!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

De Bruyne (NEW)
    If we're going by last year we should all be taking a hit for Tadic! Those were good times!!

I decided against taking a hit for aguero so I was in the DEPTHS of despair at 2pm but then tadic ...beautiful beautiful tadic........if ever a day summed up the contrasting emotions of fantasy that was it
    I sold tadic soon after too :D

De Bruyne (NEW)
    km79 wrote: »
    I decided against taking a hit for aguero so I was in the DEPTHS of despair at 2pm but then tadic ...beautiful beautiful tadic........if ever a day summed up the contrasting emotions of fantasy that was it
    I sold tadic soon after too :D

It was the start of my season last year. I went up 960k ish places it was huge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

De Bruyne (NEW)
    jimmii wrote:

I had a great week that week without even owning Aguero or Tadic.
    Baines(c) ;) and Pelle
    Oh how times have changed...

• Advertisement

De Bruyne (NEW)
    spock. wrote: »
    I had a great week that week without even owning Aguero or Tadic.
    Baines(c) ;) and Pelle
    Oh how times have changed...

Be a long time until we have a week quite like that again! UFPL was super crazy that weekend! I had Tadic, Pelle and Aguero there was some score!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

De Bruyne (NEW)
    There are a lot of players out there without Aguero in the team at all. A big day today from him could see a huge rise in rankings for the captaining ones.

De Bruyne (NEW)
    SantryRed wrote: »
    There are a lot of players out there without Aguero in the team at all. A big day today from him could see a huge rise in rankings for the captaining ones.

I'm going to be very VERY upset if he gets me down again cos in not too confident of the rest of my team scoring too big this week unless watford and Bournemouth is. nil all draw :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Sanchez (MUN)
    Last minute gamble on Payet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Went for Silva

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Please sub Soare

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Hopefully the Sagna captainers in the top 10 don't have aguero vice captain

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

Hazard (SOU)
    SantryRed wrote: »

LITERALLY everyone in my two main leagues has him captained...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Martial (ars)
    I went for Sanchez in the end

Have Aguero and Ighalo as well

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Thank you Sergio!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Shedite27 wrote: »

well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

De Bruyne (NEW)

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Mata (ars)
    Thank f*ck I checked this thread at about 11.25am this morning and got some sense and quickly switched Aguero to captain instead of Martial. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Where can you see the global captain selection percentage?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Thinking Vardy or Mahrez

Delighted to say I bottled this and went for Kun.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Kun captain the last 4 weeks, dropped to my vc today to have KdB as captain. Still quite pleased with my points haul.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭jeremymurphy

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Sanchez last GW :(.
    Agüero this one :D.

Who do you guys want me to call a useless spoofer for next week :pac: ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I meant crazy in a good sort of way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Payet (sun)
    A guy in my league got 75 points today without Aguero...The bastard.

• Advertisement
Advertisement