Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop sound keeps cutting out

Options
  • 29-09-2015 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    A few weeks ago I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 and everything seemed to be fine but the last few days the sound keeps cutting out after being turned on for a while. I genuinely have no idea what is causing this issue and only know that signing in and out again fixes it temporarily. Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Could be a loose connection for the speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭dantheman95lbp

I thought it might be something like that but it doesn't really explain why the sound comes back after I sign out or restart the laptop. A lot of the time it seems to happen when playing games but not always

I thought it might be something like that but it doesn't really explain why the sound comes back after I sign out or restart the laptop. A lot of the time it seems to happen when playing games but not always

Does it get moved about at all when you are restarting? Could take very little movement to go from connected to not connected and back again.

No I keep it stationary 90% of the time, could it be a bug with Windows 10? I read that something like this can happen but nothing identical to my problem

It's possible that it's a driver issue. What is the make/model of the laptop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

could be a driver problem with your sound card. Find out the make of your driver and look for the makers website download and install new drivers.

Here some details on the machine I pulled up, they might help.

Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130531-1504)
    System Manufacturer: Acer
    System Model: Aspire V5-571G
    BIOS: V2.01
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2365M CPU @ 1.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~1.4GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 3890MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Yeah I had a look at that link and reckon it is probably a driver a issue, I'll reinstall everything and see if that fixes the problem, thanks guys

Yeah I had a look at that link and reckon it is probably a driver a issue, I'll reinstall everything and see if that fixes the problem, thanks guys

Sounds very likely. Alot of people seemed to have that issue at various times with windows 8 after updates.

• Advertisement
Advertisement