Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Oranmore

Options
  • 29-09-2015 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

We are moving with my wife and our 19mo son in Oranmore in two weeks.
    What do you have to propose for us to do, or visit, or pay attention?

Can you suggest where to eat good food but not too expensive?
    Any good deliveries?
    Coffee shops, barber, pubs?
    Anything rare were we can find in the region that we cannot find somewhere else? For example traditional staff/food.
    Any good city guide in general?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

I am not trying to find them, mostly to avoid anyone that is not suggested :D
    However, I am asking about things to do and go, even maybe in a 20-30 min distance from the town, not only inside the boundaries of the town itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Beautiful walks down in the Renville, which is a 10 minute drive from Oranmore. Either through the woods themselves where you will find a nice modern playground to excite the tyke, or down by the sea where the local sailing club is based.

Loads of great places to eat, and all centrally located to the village. I'm a particular fan of Basilico, Pearla na Mara, Oran Tandoori, and Asian Fusion/Royal Villa.

McDonagh's or Keane's for the traditional pint with the local auld lads.

Oranmore is very handy in the sense that it has a library, cinema, bowling place, hotels with decent gym facilities, astro-turf if you're into your casual 5-a-sides, and more shops than you can shake a beshítted stick at. :pac:

Advertisement