Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Eir Offers.

Options
  • 29-09-2015 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi guys, I know this has been discussed before but Eir are offering some fairly good competitive quad offers. Anyone experience good or bad with their emobile and TV service? Is emobile good coverage? Sick of getting ripped off by UPC.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

They might have changed their name, but they're still the same old Eircom, so be careful. Their customer service is appalling - the worst I've ever experienced (I don't blame the individual representatives - communication problems seem to be endemic throughout the company - perhaps this is why they removed the 'com' from their name...). I was mis-sold an Eircom broadband package last year. I naively believed a pack of lies spouted by one of their representatives and signed up to an 18-month contract. It was a stupid, expensive and very stressful mistake. I started a thread about it on the Eircom forum on Boards, and subsequently received several PMs from people who had been through very, very similar experiences (including formal complaints mysteriously 'disappearing' or not being recorded). Comreg are a bit toothless, so be very careful if you sign up to anything with 'Eir'. In the end, I cancelled the contract early, and also cancelled the direct debit... if they want their 'early cessation charge', they can bring me to court.

I know everybody has different experiences with different companies, but I've heard far too many horror stories about Eir(com). They changed their name because their reputation is in the gutter. It'll take a lot more than a re-brand, some fancy adverts and a few special offers to prove that their rotten attitude towards their customers has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

And in our case we've been with Eir since God was a teenager and not a single issue... Are we just lucky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Please for the love of god don't go near them... They are woeful.

Three times I went back thinking they have to have improved every time worse than the last.

Ironic they remove COMmunication from their name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Zoo4m8 wrote: »
    And in our case we've been with Eir since God was a teenager and not a single issue... Are we just lucky?

In my case, I might have ended up having years of trouble-free experiences with Eircom... if there hadn't been some kind of mysterious problem with my line immediately after it was installed (first of all, Eircom claimed there was an issue with the eFibre cabinet being overloaded, but not to worry because it would be resolved within a couple of weeks... so I stupidly signed up for standard <2mb/s broadband, under the assumption that I'd soon be upgraded to eFibre. Then, when they had me safely tied into a contract, and the 'cooling-off period' had elapsed, they suddenly claimed I was actually too far from the cabinet and wouldn't be able to get eFibre at all. Weirdly, my neighbours on both sides, just a few feet away, weren't too far from the cabinet...).

Problems only arose when I had to deal with customer services, and faced one blatant lie after another. If I wasn't locked into an eighteen-month contract, they might not have treated me with such contempt. They had me right where they wanted me. It's a silly, short-termist approach, because I wouldn't touch the company with a barge pole again, regardless of how much it spends on re-branding exercises.

I would be very, very wary of locking yourself into a minimum eighteen-month contract with Eircom/Eir. As long as you're in that contract, the company doesn't need to do anything to retain your custom.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Quackhart

Zoo4m8 wrote: »

No I don't think that you are. I'd say we are hassle free on the BB front since we got the service. Now on a Quad bundle, all going swimmingly.

Even stable enough to do a LOT of heavy remote working. Sometimes both myself and the BH whilst watching the eir TV service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Caveat Emptor I guess... forewarned, forearmed.

Advertisement