Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debit

Options
  • 29-09-2015 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have been a customer for over 20 years. For most of that time payment has been by direct debit from my credit card account.

Only after repeated letters and phonecalls from Eircom (very hard sell!)I changed to efibre.

Recently I received a bill stating that my account was in arrears. It turned out that direct debit was not transferred to the new e fibre account. Customer Service advised me that no banking details were retained so I would need set up another DD. However it would not now be possible to set up DD from Credit Card which was how I wanted to continuing paying the bill.

At no stage did Eircom agents who were promoting efibre package make me aware of this possibility. If they had I would not have agreed

I asked to speak to  supervisor but was refused.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

raeda wrote: »
    I have been a customer for over 20 years. For most of that time payment has been by direct debit from my credit card account.

Only after repeated letters and phonecalls from Eircom (very hard sell!)I changed to efibre.

Recently I received a bill stating that my account was in arrears. It turned out that direct debit was not transferred to the new e fibre account. Customer Service advised me that no banking details were retained so I would need set up another DD. However it would not now be possible to set up DD from Credit Card which was how I wanted to continuing paying the bill.

At no stage did Eircom agents who were promoting efibre package make me aware of this possibility. If they had I would not have agreed

I asked to speak to  supervisor but was refused.
    Hi raeda

Thank you so much for getting in touch.  We have recorded issues of some accounts not retaining Direct Debit Details.  Apologies for this.  They are currently looking into this.

If you'd like to send a DM with the following information, we will forward this onto that team on your behalf

1.  Account name
    2.  Account number
    3.  Mobile/Landline number
    4.  Full address

-Tony

Advertisement